Wishlist of changes for Guild

Filox

1 minute ago, Filox said:

As I stated at the begging of the post, I'm currently top Guild Player in country and seven best overall according to Bag of Tools. I play a lot of Guild, and win against other currently stated as OP picks. It's not about being able to pull off something. It's about haveing balances and useful models which can do more than just rots on the shelf of our rooms.

if we are having a bragging contest im currently 6th best player in UK and top guild player on malifaux ranking. i play exclusively guild running fixed lists into tournaments after months of tweaking.  every model has a place in a crew its just a matter of finding it instead of giving up and throwing them to the side. 

1 minute ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

if we are having a bragging contest im currently 6th best player in UK and top guild player on malifaux ranking. i play exclusively guild running fixed lists into tournaments after months of tweaking.  every model has a place in a crew its just a matter of finding it instead of giving up and throwing them to the side. 

I honestly just went to UK rankings to look that up.  Look at you! Congratulations!

1 minute ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

Nice, grats for having such high scores. But don't tell me you don't see problems with current Guild meta and various other models.

1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

I honestly just went to UK rankings to look that up.  Look at you! Congratulations!

it means nothing since there has been like one physical event this year but still im wearing the badge proudly. 

1 minute ago, Filox said:

Nice, grats for having such high scores. But don't tell me you don't see problems with current Guild meta and various other models.

honestly i dont. Guild is a different beast to the other factions. we might come up short in a straight comparison to other factions (dita vs ophilia being the obvious one) but overall guild are nowhere near in as bad a place as you are making out 

1 hour ago, belorey said:

Frontier:

They must change the Stoic Nod on Basse and Reichart. Something similar to Dashels Foul-mouted Motivation (heal 1/2/3 and Focus +1) or Kirai's Soothe Spirit and lower the TN to 10.

Basse

-Chesterfield Shootgun should ignore concealment.

-Claim the Bounty could be to draw cards or gain Focus.

Reichart

-Should have a trigger on his Bring It like:

:maskbe stoic: once per activation, after resolving. Take the stoic nod action.

I agree that Stoic Nod is kind off meh abilities. There are a lot of better option, though heal for 1/2/3 with 6" range is nice, thought as master action it does look underwhelming.

Chesterfield Shotgun can be easily fixed with Jonathan having those ignores I mentioned.

Claim the Bounty is also pretty situational ability, would actually like to see it remove corpse/scrap/scheme but this is not required to be immediately changed, same as Stoic Nod. 

Trigger for Reichart is okayish? I guess? I don't know about it. Is stoic nod so important/bad/useless so it must be put on trigger?

14 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

honestly i dont. Guild is a different beast to the other factions. we might come up short in a straight comparison to other factions (dita vs ophilia being the obvious one) but overall guild are nowhere near in as bad a place as you are making out 

As I said, it's not about being able to win against some others players/masters. What I look for is to whenever your opponent declares what ever faction and he is theoretically on same level as you both of you have exactly 50% chance of winning. Not 60:40 or 51:49. It's about getting balance, and not being a martyr for entire Malifaux.

thanos.gif

This original post is the first time I've ever used the "respectfully disagree" button. I do think Guild could use a few more baked-in suits on triggers and a little more trust that a powerful model in the faction is fine to leave there (looking at you, Michael XVI). I'd be happy to see Pine Box work at 1" and target the model being presently-buried, and a few other things. And Greed is just a step away from being a powerful assist to dropping soulstone users. We've got a good-but-weird toolbox and I've enjoyed playing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belorey said:

Frontier:

They must change the Stoic Nod on Basse and Reichart. Something similar to Dashels Foul-mouted Motivation (heal 1/2/3 and Focus +1) or Kirai's Soothe Spirit and lower the TN to 10.

Basse

-Chesterfield Shootgun should ignore concealment.

-Claim the Bounty could be to draw cards or gain Focus.

Reichart

-Should have a trigger on his Bring It like:

:maskbe stoic: once per activation, after resolving. Take the stoic nod action.

I feel Basse's shotgun ignoring concealment is a bit unneeded as if the opponent is in concealment then you can just quicksand him out or if you are desperate to use the shotgun then you can charge him. 

As for Reichart if you are working in a heal i would imagine it would be more along the line of the Fronteirsmen trigger. 

8 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

This original post is the first time I've ever used the "respectfully disagree" button. I do think Guild could use a few more baked-in suits on triggers and a little more trust that a powerful model in the faction is fine to leave there (looking at you, Michael XVI). I'd be happy to see Pine Box work at 1" and target the model being presently-buried, and a few other things. And Greed is just a step away from being a powerful assist to dropping soulstone users. We've got a good-but-weird toolbox and I've enjoyed playing it.

Well, it's nice that you do enjoy playing guild in general. But this post is not about having fun with having them deployed at table but the overall quality of some models in our faction. I do not negate that there in other factions are similar models who needs as same or even more love than some in here (Nekima, Raspa etc.). But here in this thread we focusing on power level and overall cost and jobs of said Guild models do and how good/bad they are at what they do.

I think you're catching a little more flack than is really deserved.  I can see where you're coming from with identifying some of the problem models, even if some of the suggested changes may be a bit over reaching or excessive.  That's definitely the space where I'm going to defer to the more experienced game designers to identify some more light touch and elegant solutions.  

The issue with peacekeeper for instance is that he's already very strong in his keyword so any buffs there could be an issue, while he struggles to find space as a versatile model.  Slightly easier access to power tokens would probably be the easiest way to bring the versatile version closer to the keyword version without increasing in keyword power, especially if it was something that was on a bonus action, for instance, and therefore competing with power transfer value.

• Agree 6

44 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

As for Reichart if you are working in a heal i would imagine it would be more along the line of the Fronteirsmen trigger. 

Right now if i should play a game with frontiers on Guild i would pay 10ss and use Phiona instead of Reichart.

You want to use Reichart as a tank, enganging enemies whilst other models do their stuff. Stoic Nod right now is a waste of action/cards when you see the healing tech of other factions. 

Foul-Mouthed Motivation: other model within 6" heals 1/2/3 and gain Focus +1 . Its a bonnus action, you need a 6+ (5+ with Dashel) and out of Guild you get a trigger for extra stuff.

Soothe Spirits: other model within 6" heals 1/2/3 and has 2 trigger to give: Fast, Focus, Shielded... Kirai needs a 4+ and the enforcer a 5+.

Stoic Nod: you need a 5+ with Basse or 6+ with Reichart and only heals 1/2/3 without anything else. No Focus, no triggers no nothing.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, belorey said:

Right now if i should play a game with frontiers on Guild i would pay 10ss and use Phiona instead of Reichart.

You want to use Reichart as a tank, enganging enemies whilst other models do their stuff. Stoic Nod right now is a waste of action/cards when you see the healing tech of other factions. 

Foul-Mouthed Motivation: other model within 6" heals 1/2/3 and gain Focus +1 . Its a bonnus action, you need a 6+ (5+ with Dashel) and out of Guild you get a trigger.

Soothe Spirits: other model within 6" heals 1/2/3 and has 2 trigger to give: Fast, Focus, Shielded... Kirai needs a 4+ and the enforcer a 5+.

Stoic Nod: you need a 5+ with Basse or 6+ with Reichart and only heals 1/2/3 without anything else. No Focus, no triggers no nothing.

I have found he is much more use as a disruption piece over a basic tank.  Use "bring it" to pull items out of position and allow other models to kill or score schemes off him. later on he can go scheme runner hunting. i agree that his stoic nod is currently wasted space on his card. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

I have found he is much more use as a disruption piece over a basic tank.  Use "bring it" to pull items out of position and allow other models to kill or score schemes off him. later on he can go scheme runner hunting. i agree that his stoic nod is currently wasted space on his card. 

If you want to Bring it enemies, you have Phiona for same cost. And she has some protect tech to give survavilitie to the rest of your crew.

If they fix Soic Nod lowering it's TN to 10 and adding a trigger or giving an extra condition Reichart should be a good Henchman for Frontiers.

1 hour ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I can't believe I've never gotten you to drop a "respectfully disagree".  Gotta up my game.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

If yall wanna do this and record game, I would edit it down and put commentary over it and put it up on my stream.

I have never in my life played a game of vassal. that will change tho with the Vassal GT on the 9th.  Unfortunately real life (work and a 3month old) is heavily impacting my time online 

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Off topic, but how do you run Basse?

I just picked him up (for ES), and am curious to get a feel for Guild Basse to see what I'm missing and what helps the crew.

I always struggle a bit with strong masters (instead of support masters).

I ran a fixed list basse at the start of the year with good success. list if i remember correct was basse, baby basse, Hart with LLC 2 austringers a pathfinder a trap and the pale rider.  i have some ideas for Explorer Basse but have had zero game time with him yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

If yall wanna do this and record game, I would edit it down and put commentary over it and put it up on my stream.

It's lose - lose situation for me. If I win it means he was right that I undervalue entire Guild. If I lose it means I know nothing about the game and he is right 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Filox said:

Since you asked nicely and I have some time I'll try and go point by point

Versatile:

Peacekeeper right now:
Right now is Versatile/Augmented with tanky heavy hitter with cost of 10 SS. His weakness is low Wk stat as the wound pool, mediocre damage for the cost and lacks value outside keyword. We are better off just paying more SS for Pale Rider or Phiona with LLC. We are paying a lot for "4 attack dream" which rarely come to reality.

I'm not sure how Peacekeeper can be considered mediocre damage. For the sake of the argument I'll assume you're only talking about Peacekeeper outside of an augmented crew where his output is reliably going to be somewhere between 2 attacks at stat 6 min 3 from 10" away or 1 gunshot plus 2 melee attacks from 9" away for a minimum of 6 to 8 points. At 10 stones this is pretty much above average not only in faction but across factions without any supporting models involved. Add the ability to deny scheme markers on top of that and it is a perfectly acceptable melee piece with some added utility when you need it. Phiona will never do this much damage, and I hire her for very different reasons than I would hire a peacekeeper. The pale rider is far more mobile, and it's damage is consistent, but it suffers much more against models with HTW, cover, concealment, or really any instance where guns aren't effective. Additionally it's effectiveness drops considerably if you ever have to spend fate tokens on anything but it's bonus action. I don't think those models are fair comparisons because they do very different things than a peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper possible changes:
- add +1 to Wk stat With or without power transfer this model has a threat range on par or better than models of its cost. Adding more walk is unnecessary 
- add Terrifying - this model already is tanky enough adding terrifying would make it a nightmare to play against since volume of attacks is one of the only ways to deal with it
- add Ruthless - Guild already has excellent ruthless models, I'm not sure it needs another.
- add ability to generate Power Tokens outside trigger on melee attacks - this might be fine depending on how you implement it, I think the model is fine without it.

Orderly right now:
Orderly are supposed to be healers, well mate they are bad it. Short range, draw of cards when killing o model with 1/3/4 with 0" engagement range, Restraints are okay but never put to use same as constriction, Hard to Wound is okay. The fact that then cannot even heal themselfs is putting even more nails into them.

This model doesn't have a home right now, and it's not because they're bad at healing, but because they don't synergize with any of their front of card abilities well in addition to those abilities not having a great home in current GG. Restraints will be an awesome ability if they ever add anything like extraction or guard the stash. If they could reliably give out staggered this model would have a good home in such an environment. I wouldn't mind seeing them get something akin to hunting partner, which seems to be the functional version of constriction.

Orderly possible changes:
- increase range on heal to 6" - This affects many other models with the ability of the same name, you could give them a new ability but I don't think this is the right area to focus on for the model
- make him be able to heal himself - see above
- add manipulative ability - He's already reasonably tanky for cost with 5 wds htw I don't think this fixes the model's core problem of not doing anything proactive.

Marshal:

Lady Justice right now:

LJ is in okay spot, though she has some dumb mechanics that just don't work with her. "7 attack meme" really hurt her but her crew suffered more casualties.

I agree, LJ is pretty much fine right now. If I really wanted to buff her I think adding Siphon Power/Price of Progress is the correct change tp leverage the fact that she needs suits that aren't baked in and the healing/necromancer subtheme in the crew.

Lady Justice possible changes:

- add Ruthless - At WP 7 this seems redundant for terrifying, wins theme points though for being blind and unable to notice the scary/manipulative thing. Doesn't' solve any problems the model might have
- remove Inspiring Swordplay - Why?
- remove Sudden Strike from leap and give her build in mask - This strikes me as a nerf
- remove Decay for something else or change it to stat 6 with build in :crow- I'm for either stat 6 or the crow here, both is pretty ridiculous. Siphon power fixes both this and the leap.

The Judge right now:
Judge is okay model, just remove damages from his card draw. It's either to random and can make stupid situations like 6 damage into Judge or some random undead in his LoS. Not fun for both sides. 

Agree this ability is really gimmicky and I don't see a reason to use it over the reliable crumble away alternative. 

The Judge possible changes
- change Risk of Reason to no more deal or suffer damage, just draw 2/3 cards -drawing 2 or 3 cards on a bonus is very powerful, and the counterbalance they have in place tries to mitigate that. I think they need to find a better balancing point for it though. Something like injured +1 for each card drawn may be a better more reliable way to punish players wanting to draw many cards. You can't just draw 3 cards for a bonus with no downsides and still be a healthy model.

Death Marshal Recruiter right now:
This model does nothing, is never bring into play even in Dashel where he should get more value then in LJ. 

I agree this model has problems but I have hired it before, mostly for cheese in PE. It's back of card seems pretty barren for most 8ss models and it seems to have a unique identity on the front of its card. The only thing I would probably change would be adding triggers or a bonus action other than shrug off, which seems out of place.

Death Marshal recruiter possible changes:
- change Pine Box to be more rewarding action (other thread is in forum already) -Pine box can be useful especially if we get GG changes to take/hold areas, but not the action you usually want to take on an 8ss model. Building in rip+tear or adding a third trigger would help.
- remove Beyond Time - why? I'd argue this should be added to more models in keyword to improve the usefulness of pine box rather than taken away.
- change Grim Recruitment to summon Death Marshal from enemy models - I'd rather not have a 9ss OOK schtook that just needs to discard cards to summon. I would not cry if the restriction on minion was lifted to include enforcers at least.
- change One Foot Towards the Grave to give friendly Marshal models +1 to Wk stat for reminder of their activation - This works but I don't think I like the change. Pushes help you leave engagement and while this works more reliably than the current ability I prefer the thematic situational power level to something more universal in a game like Malifaux.
- add :aura that let's you ignore incorporeal or Hard to Wound on enemy models - Cool idea that feels in theme, not sure I like it as an ability in the game though. 
- increase Wp stat to 6 - Neat but I don't think this is necessary.
- add :ram to melee attack - Not against this but would rather have a greater variety of triggers rather than built in crit. 

Death Marshal right now:
DM are okayish, but they don't have their specific duty to perform in the game, you can call them jack of no trades and no weaknesses. I would like to see them as primary scheme runner for the crew.

I don't think death marshals need to be touched, they function well in their current niche and would be very powerful in GG's where holding territory is necessary. 

Death Marshal possible changes:
- change Pine Box to be more rewarding action - Mentioned before but pine box is already powerful, it just lacks the context to be abusive in current GG.
- add built in reposition on Pine Box - I don't know about built in but this would be a useful trigger.
- change Leeching Strength to be able to target currently burying model - Yeah this would make it less confusing as well. Not disagreeing.
- remove Hate the Dead ability - why?
- add bonus action that let's you drop scheme marker in base contact (we can call it Finish the Job) - this is more powerful of an ability than I'd like for a 5ss model to have, and I don't think scheming well is the thematic focus of either Marshals or guild in general so it feels out of place to me. 

Scales of Justice Right now:
This model draws you exactly 3 cards, 2 times from his bonus action and third when it dies. Value from Negation Aura and Weight of Guild in non-existent. Balancing the Scales is not a threat, especially when this models counts for schemes and strategies. in summary your value is low and you opponent can easily gain value from it.

counting as a model for strategies and schemes is pretty valuable for free models, and there are very limited ways in which your opponent can gain value from this in the current GG so I don't know why you think this is a downside. It might not be the most powerful totem but as you mention it gives you resources and acts as a roadblock for your opponent. The only complaint I have with the model is that it is very slow in a crew of fast models.

Scales of Justice possible changes:
- add Maniplative - I don't think this helps the model's issues at all
- increase Wd stat to 6 - I don't think this helps the model's issues at all

Witch Hunter:

Thalarian Queller right now:
TQ is not existent model right now. Startle is put here for laughs, does not have engagement, Adversary(Witchling) is plain bad (2 models with this keyword who can get value from it). Barrier to the Other World on model with 12" attack and as above no engagement range.

Queller looks like a sweet model until you run into the no engagement range but only ranged attacks wrinkle. I agree adding gunfighter or some mediocre 0" melee attack would help this model out. Startle is a pretty powerful bonus though, not sure if you're putting it down or not in your analysis.

Thalarian Queller possible changes:
- add Gunfighter
- remove Startle - why? if you remove startle this card loses a lot of what I feel makes it unique within the keyword, especially with your other changes.
- change Flaming Brand to give Adversary(Witch Hunter) - this is very powerful for an unresisted action with no TN, I feel the current restrictions on it are appropriate.
- remove Barrier from the Other World - This ability in general could use a rework, it doesn't work very well
- add :tome to his primary attack - I don't mind this.

Purifying Flame right now:
PF is suicide model which can't be summon back(well he can, but why try though?) and without Insignificant. He is in weird spot when he want to rush the enemy to get value before dying but in some strategies he can even give points to the enemy models.

Purifying flame is one of the best scheme runners in guild. I don't know how you think adding insignificant could possibly be a buff to an incorporeal model with a bonus action movement. it also serves as the thing you can summon off of literally any model in your opponents crew if it dies. This model is perfect and I wouldn't change a single thing about him.

Purifying Flame possible changes:
- add Insignificant -See Above
- give him ability to be summoned more easily -See Above
- increase his Demise ability to +2 -See Above

Family:

Perdita Ortega right now:
Dita is in oaky spot thought for offensive crew she does not shine better then other competitors, she could go without any changes but I would like to list them anyway.

I like Dita but need to play her a bit more to get a feel of any changes I would make. In general I agree she's pretty much fine.

Perdita Ortega possible changes:
- add Family Values trigger on Custom Peacebringer - Sure why not.

Pistolero De Latigo right now:
PDL are thrash model, they kill themselfs before enemy tries to shoot them, they are supposed to be this crew primary scheme runner but their are not worth it.

I like PDL a lot, they made every list I played with Perdita and felt good. 20" of movement on a 4 SS model is great value

Pistolero De Latigo possible changes:
- increase Wd stat to 6 - If I wanted to make it easier to keep these around I'd just give them HTK instead of increased wd count
- remove Reckless - I think this is important to the PDL identity
- add Trigger Finger ability - not only would this ability be pretty useless it also only occurs in one other crew in the game that's focused on putting out enemy scheme markers. A pretty strange callout which I'd love to hear the reasoning behind. 
- increase stat on small-Gauge Revolver to 5 and change damage spread to 2/3/4 - I would never want a 4ss model that has a stat 5 234 gun in the game. That sounds terrifying.
- increase cost to 5 - earlier comments now make much more sense
- increase Df to 5 - sure if cost increased, I think we're just making a new model at this point, the old model has an identity and purpose that now doesn't exist.
- add ability to may be ignored as friendly models for purposes of friendly actions (this means Dita can draw more cards from Hero Gamble) -eh? not sure I'd do this one. It's confusing for new players and your opponents and doesn't add a lot for me.

Frontier:

Cornelius Basse right now:
Basse is okay right now, though Caught in Quicksand as master action is pretty underwhelming and situational, same as Sand Worm?! trigger.

I'll refrain from commenting too much on Basse since I've only seen him on the table once. Hopefully that changes with his new stuff.

Cornelius Basse possible changes:
- change CiQ for damage spread 2/3/4
- change Sand Worm?! trigger to deal 3:blast/4:blast/6:blast:blast

3/4/6 on a stat 7 against movement that ignores concealing is pretty nuts, you may want to reconsider how much damage this actually is when you have the ability to reposition multiple enemy models in the same activation. Under these proposed changes Basse could easily do 18-22 damage in one activation with 1 focus.

Jonathan Reichart right now:
RC is in weird spot right now because he wants to hold down enemy models for his crew, when at the same time giving :-flip for Friendly Fire and Concealment. Also he attacks rarely, mostly using Bring It to get those models.

I agree this model seems to have an identity crisis. I think they need to pick an aspect for him to actually pursue if they make changes to this model.

Jonathan Reichart possible changes:
- add ability to ignore be Ignored for Friendly Fire and Concealing when targeting enemy models in his engagement range - I don't hate this
- add sudden strike on his Kick Up Dust bonus action - I don't hate this either

Neither of these changes break the model but I don't feel like they add a lot of flavor to the model either. I'd prefer something that gives a more obvious reason to bring the model.

Paul Crockett right now:
Only model in keyword that does not have a Favorable Terrain

Paul Crockett possible changes:
- add Favorable Terrain

Elite:

Lucius Mattheson right now:
Lucius is in strange spot right now, although his front look really nice, the back on the side is underwhelming. Issue Command has most of the useless triggers, which is strange on Masters main action. Hidden Sniper is almost never used.

Agree to disagree on the usefulness of the triggers on issue command, as for hidden sniper I feel like the ability sits appropriately on the card as a tool to use if you need it, not as something you brought the model for. 

Lucius Mattheson possible changes:
- change Under Pressure for Pull Here and There - you could, but I don't think it needs to be done. Plus the flavor of Lucius moving instead of the target he's commanding is a little weird.
- add Preparations Trigger to Issue Command - I'd rather not eat 3 uncheatable focus attacks from an agent 46 every turn thank you very much.
-  increase Hidden Sniper stat to 6 and add Coordinated Attack trigger

I don't particularly like any of these changes, make hidden sniper too good and you lose the identity of the card. 

Agent 46 right now:
Agent 46 after nerf got beaten, right now beside a little amount damage he does not offer much in crew which lacks damage, but still Lucius can squeeze a lot of him, the only problem is he dies like fly. 

I agree he dies a little too easily but I haven't played much Lucius post nerf.

Agent 46 possible changes:
- add Df 6 - You could

Investigator right now:
It's a rarely used model, Garrote and Staggered Tech does not work. Overall it's pretty underwhelming models.

I see these guys taken with reasonable frequency. They help you unpack well in combination with other models and offer easy marker removal. Not to mention how useful draw out secrets is as a trigger. Can't help you much if you aren't finding a use for them but they have a good variety of things they do.

Investigator possible changes:
- sorry folks, no idea

That's all for my wish list for GU changes, are all of them needed? Don't know, definitely all of them must be tested before release though I think most of them hit the spot in actual problem of the keyword. I do not listed nerfs for GU models because I only wanted to focus on models that need immediate changes or gonna underperform for big ES population increase. Want to hear about how you find the changes I listed, which you think are good/bad and how would you try to fix those models in some other ways, but most importantly create a lot of noise around this thread so Wyrd knows we are waiting for better time for our beloved faction!

I won't pretend my designer brain is perfect either, I'd prefer to leave designing to designers.

• Like 2

Great discussion!

Peacekeeper is amazing in a Hoffman crew, but not so elsewhere. Odd because surely this is the opposite intention of giving it Versatile. It does make it tricky adding 'buffs' though. In keyword, you get a ton of extra positive flips and all those pushes, plus heals. I think the weakness outside is mainly the unmitigable low walk. Ride with Me & Toss don't work, while Doctors Orders is pretty expensive in combination. Therefore he clanks along occasionally doing a shot unless the enemy engages you (at which point it will be in their favour).

Pine Box - yeesh. I agree that this ability across the whole faction needs a rethink. I run Justice a lot and almost never reach for it. Worse than M2E - when I could at least oppose the WP duel and keep something dangerous out of the way.

For Justice herself - I really like the idea of Inspiring Swordplay, but it is the short range that kills it (on a fast moving death platform). Rather than remove, I would make it any single Marshall in LoS (no range limit) or something similar. Used more frequently but less 'potential'.

I use the Judges Risk of Reason for card draw a lot, as the key word desperately needs it. Then again, it always seems other keywords/factions have much easier/less painful card draws. On that subject, I find the Scales fine as a totem, not great not terrible. Card draw and a disposable activation are useful every game. I've also surprised a few people with a moderate Tome for a cheeky Slow.

Really agree the Death Marshal Recruiter just doesn't appeal to me, even in something like Recover Evidence or Public Enemies where it should shine.

Have yet to play Family or Frontier, but they are on the to do list...

I'll add one in: Guild Hounds. Really like to see these as Versatile. Not unprecedented to have low cost Versatile minions, still won't be as good as Wicked Dolls but might see some more table time.