Bug Report : Freeze on start

Morgan Vening

Hey,

Sometimes when I start up the app on my tablet (Android), if I don't have internet access, it locks on the second splash page (the one with the Malifaux trademark info at the bottom).

I assume it's trying to  heck for an update, and not progressing if it can't. 

I can do a workaround when I'm not at home by connecting it to my phone after I set up a hotspot, but this is both cumbersome, and risks usage issue as the tablet just recognizes it as a WiFi connection, which means autodownload.

Any chance for a time out/skip button on the update check? Assuming that'sthe issue at play.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 1:01 PM, dzlier said:

If you straight up don't have internet it shouldn't hang, it previously only hung if you had a weak connection. I'll double check and see about adding a skip update option.

Just checked and yeah, if I actively turn off my wifi (that's not connected unless I'm at home), rather than just have it passively unconnected, it works fine.

Problem (mostly) fine!

On 1/11/2021 at 2:00 AM, Morgan Vening said:

Just checked and yeah, if I actively turn off my wifi (that's not connected unless I'm at home), rather than just have it passively unconnected, it works fine.

Problem (mostly) fine!

Yeah I'll still look into it but that's a workaround for now.

• Thanks 1