1st Dreamer crew?

Warharan

22 minutes ago, Warharan said:

High praise!

Is a Pandora core set enough for starters?
Bearing (Yes; me b punny!) in mind I have Teddy, Carver, Tuco and a doppleganger?
Or are the other 'woe' boxes a must?

I think I started with Pandora core box + Teddy + Hooded Rider, so I think that sounds like a decent start.

I get the impression Hinamatsu is extremely good in the crew, so worth considering as well. Iggy is also great, but more situational (and you may find the pools you take Pandora into, you don't need Iggy?)

Most people don't like Aversions or Lyssa. I quite like Aversions on paper, but every time I make lists with my friend, Aversions seem like the model to cut.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Warharan said:

High praise!

Is a Pandora core set enough for starters?
Bearing (Yes; me b punny!) in mind I have Teddy, Carver, Tuco and a doppleganger?
Or are the other 'woe' boxes a must?

Many like Iggy and I’m not a fan of Aversions, but others like them. Lyssa might have some use with Euripides, but not Pandora.

Other models that are often seen - Hooded Rider, Hinamatsu, a changeling and Wrath. But they’re all circumstantial.

So with what you’ve got, you’ll get fine games from simply getting ‘doras box.

• Like 1

I think you'd want to pair Dreamer(who wants to wait for turn 3 for engagement to get more weaks out of his deck/summon a couple times) with someone that is very good at applying pressure early and for that I'd lean Z or Titania. Z is the stronger of the 2 and Swampfiend is an exceptional keyword that is absolutely huge(4 Henchmen, 2 Enforcers, 6 Minions) and she can turn all of her AP into 2 with triggers(Coordinated Attack on Hex, Burn Out and Ensorcel on Obey). You can build Z for any pool due to the flexibility of her keyword paired with NVB and Obey.

While Fae isn't setting the world on fire Titania is an absolute monster. 14wds, can't be Severed, Life Leech, trigger to heal 2 on a cast that ignores concealment and is usually 6[+], damage track is 2/4/5 and if you dont need to heal can do +1 while moving an opposing model a long distance(2"+50mm+base) and often into Hazardous. She's not good into Symbols but can play the other 3 just fine IMO and prefers an all stars style list, at least the way I play her which is *aggressive*.

I'd also say Z and Titania are NVBs 2 and 3, respectively, so you can't go wrong with either. Of the 2 Titania is the easier to play because she is harder to remove if overextended and has far less decisions to make than the stat 7 Obey with arc nodes.

• Like 1