Ressers in the Iron Scorpius tournament.

Maniacal_cackle

I think you can't, because you have to actually have a trigger. Declaring means the process, so it happens simultaniously - you declare the specific trigger and spend tokens for it. Not like you spend tokens and than say "I declare trigger - none!" 😄

• Haha 1

OK, it's weird (wyrd) for me but Plaag is correct about that. At least for International Vassal Series. FAQ says:

Can a rider’s fate tokens be spent on any duel?

• Yes, Chasing Fate states that tokens may be discarded “when declaring triggers,” which occurs in Step E of all duels (See Duels on Page 10 of the Digital Rulebook). Chasing Fate does not require a trigger be declared.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sagrit said:

But how? Rider can spend tokens only when declaring triggers, Obey works against Wp and Rider have only Df trigger. What am i missing?

Declare triggers is a step in the duel that every model goes through, even if you declare you aren't declaring any triggers. 

On 1/4/2021 at 9:33 AM, Sagrit said:

But how? Rider can spend tokens only when declaring triggers, Obey works against Wp and Rider have only Df trigger. What am i missing?

just read ability-u can spend all token to add them to the duel when declaring triggers even if u dont have wp trigger-u stil can spend them in the moment of declaring triggers

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, dannydb said:

I was going to say I'd be playing hoff in to this pool, supprised thry didn't use sandeep r1 

Depends on hoff crew, could bring guns, could bring unipeaded spam with howards and spiders swarms 

Should be interesting! I've never played against or even read about Hoffman, really. And also I've played Kirai once (as a second master). But fingers crossed anyway xD

Well main thing to do is take out the heal bots (toolkit/totem) ASAP, otherwise your just losing efficiency 

Drowned can be good as you can do lots of chip damage with there blasts which hoff doesn't like 

Be aware of what hoff has put temper steel on and try to make sure ikryo/shikome go in to other stuff 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dannydb said:

Well main thing to do is take out the heal bots (toolkit/totem) ASAP, otherwise your just losing efficiency 

Drowned can be good as you can do lots of chip damage with there blasts which hoff doesn't like 

Be aware of what hoff has put temper steel on and try to make sure ikryo/shikome go in to other stuff 

I was also thinking that since several of my models can prevent heals, I should just focus fire something with heal prevention + Adversary.

Yeah, temper steel seems tricky, unless I stun Hoffman with a Drowned (since then he can't use the trigger). Will be careful of that with Ikiryo and try to keep my options open!

Personally, I only played against Hoffman once. I remember a discussion exactly about this topic here in some thread... 

Analyze Weakness still is a valid choice. It's not as strong as against other armour lists, but it forces your opponent to spend their master's action to counter it, which still is a benefit for you. 

• Thanks 1

Shikome seems great here. Armor piercing + the reach to get those pesky deep field scheme runner or to go and kill support pieces (med automaton) asap. 

I don't play resser, but I was in the same spot as you are in November (discovering Hoffman with a new crew, I played him only twice and in guild, but this is more about experience sharing than advice anyway). This was brutal each time. I was surprised by the versatility and the efficiency of the crew. The first time he easily match Zipp speed + attack the center with Howard.

The second time (played by @Legislat) he just came into Dora bubble, making short work of my models with Joss (watchout for those irreducible damage) and Phiona (fortunately you won't have to face her in arcanist). I did several mistake each game and lost but here a summary of my newb experience against him (seem also valid for arcanist Hoff)  :

- Armor piercing is good but not enough (and Hoffman can counter it on key model).

- Be careful to the speed of this crew. Power token shenanigans can also catch you off guard (they pretty much always have the suit they need so plan accordingly).

- Hoff (obviously) offer amazing support to his crew. He'll be protected, but I think you can take him out (especially with Ikiro kamikaze attack)... Assassinate is in the pool so you have an other intensive to do so if you choose that.

- As others said, the healing powe of this crew is amazing. Find a way to counter it or kill the support pieces (I know I didn't last time I played recover and that end up wasting me so many actions).

Good luck for R2. 

• Thanks 1

Right, I was actually curious since I've never seen Joss before, so here's the order on the video:

• Joss - Transfer power on himself to get out of engagement.  
  • Charges Kirai.
  • Attacks
    • He flips an 8, i flip a 3.
    • I cheat an 11 to go to 15.
    • He cheats to an 18 with crit strike.
    • Straight flip, so I stone to put him on a negative.
    • Weak hit of 3 damage.
  • Attacks
    • Flips 17 (11+6) with crit strike, i flip a 7 (3+6).
    • I can either cheat a 7 (which leaves him on a straight) or an 11 (which gives me 15, putting him on a minus).
      • Rather, after I use the soulstone, those are the results I think?
    • 3 more irreducible.
    • Kirai has 5 life left.
  • Attacks
    • He flips a 16 (10+6), I flip a 13 (9+4)
    • I don't cheat (no cards better than a 9)
    • He cheats a red joker, for crit strike and a straight flip (positive with focus).
    • He's on a plus flip, and I don't stone hoping he flips black joker (since otherwise I die).
    • He flips severe, so 6 damage, Kirai is dead.
  • So that's exactly 11 12 irreducible damage in one activation!

I wish I could blame the joker, but leaving Kirai out in the open means you're going to lose her xD

TLDR: I cheated two 11s, wasn't enough, crit strike stinks, I died xD

I saw the wrap up of that game, looked rough. 

When Joss is on the table, you have to be extremely careful because of that irreducible dmg. You need to tie him up or give him juicy distraction targets but an exposed master/henchman is just begging to get walloped by a fast Joss. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pergli said:

I saw the wrap up of that game, looked rough. 

When Joss is on the table, you have to be extremely careful because of that irreducible dmg. You need to tie him up or give him juicy distraction targets but an exposed master/henchman is just begging to get walloped by a fast Joss. 

Yeah, I had thought engaging him with two models was enough. I didn't realise he can disengage with his bonus action xD

And also didn't realise that it wasn't severe terrain between him and Kirai. Should have defined it all better!

On 1/11/2021 at 2:30 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, I had thought engaging him with two models was enough. I didn't realise he can disengage with his bonus action xD

And also didn't realise that it wasn't severe terrain between him and Kirai. Should have defined it all better!

That river from round 2 was tricky.