The Botanist

Higgybeans

Was just browsing the app while I wait for my book to arrive later in the week and saw this guy.

They look cool, excited to see if the models are humans surrounded by plants, or what. But I like them, seems nifty even if it is a bit niche.

However my question is this: The Feed Me ability and grow tokens (which is a really cool mechanic) buffs its stats. But what does this actually include? My interpretation would be the stats on the front, and back of the card. So with 2 grow tokens it is Df7, Wp6, Mv6, Sz4, has Stat 6 on it's attack actions, and stat 8 on "onward". Would I be correct in thinking this, as the front has stats, but so do actions?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...

To be sure. If you take two botanists, Feed me works for both.

So when a Terrain, Scrap or Corpse marker is removed, both gains a token (if it's in aura, of course).

it's coud be... fun with Basse, at the end of turn, two dust cloud markers near them... Removed. Two tokens².

27 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

To be sure. If you take two botanists, Feed me works for both.

So when a Terrain, Scrap or Corpse marker is removed, both gains a token (if it's in aura, of course).

it's coud be... fun with Basse, at the end of turn, two dust cloud markers near them... Removed. Two tokens².

It's a once per activation effect, which means it can only happen during an activation, so dust clouds going at the end of turn won't trigger feed me. 

(But if you take the Grim feast action with a Botanist it is possible that all 3 botanists would gain a grow token)

25 minutes ago, Adran said:

It's a once per activation effect, which means it can only happen during an activation, so dust clouds going at the end of turn won't trigger feed me. 

(But if you take the Grim feast action with a Botanist it is possible that all 3 botanists would gain a grow token)

oh, true.

After you can also use English Ivan. He can transfom shadow markers on scheme. Or Jessie.

I'd go DUA are probably quickest, its easier for them to get the 2 markers to destroy than Wastrel, but Wastrel are likely to remove the markers during the turn somehow anyway, where as the Quickest way with DUA probably involves discarding them for healing. 

Cadmus can be very good at it, between Nexus and Meredith both removing markers for their "summoning" anyway, it just turns into makign sure they doo it in a place near the botanist

• Agree 1

There are a number of keywords that can grow these guys pretty quick, and they're solid in any of them, but Wastrel where these guys are really going to shine. There you'll be giving them fast and other benefits from McCabe's upgrades. I don't think either DUA or Frontier has quite as much use for them where McCabe doesn't have the Samurai or other great TT minions. The Botanist isn't a bad substitute once he has a couple of grow tokens. Also, as you pointed out, Wastrel isn't doing anything additional during the turn to remove the tokens, it is just part of their normal routine. 

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2021 at 6:41 AM, Adran said:

Cadmus can be very good at it, between Nexus and Meredith both removing markers for their "summoning" anyway, it just turns into makign sure they doo it in a place near the botanist

Yeah, Cadmus is pretty good at it, and a 4" aura + the ~2" for the web marker means that you're operating in the same space you normally would be turn 1. Also it getting healed each time it uses Feed Me as well as having planted roots and grim feast means that Nexus and/or Archivist can use it as a very efficient wound battery.

• 2 weeks later...