You are invited to the 2021 Malifaux Painting Challenge!

Caedrus

Wishing you guys all the best in the coming year. The challenge was a great source of motivation for me this year and I always enjoyed looking at everyone's awesome work. I'm going to try to devote more time to display painting in 2021 so I won't be participating in the challenge, but I'll definitely still be checking these threads for inspiration. 

To anyone considering trying out the challenge I'd thoroughly recommend it. It's a great chance to add a little spice to your projects and participate with some extremely talented painters and all around pleasant people.

• Like 2

Hi!

I'm new to the forum and I'd love to participate.

I'll introduce myself a bit, I am from Spain, and I have been in the miniatures hobby since I was fascinated by GW back in 6th edition of fantasy.

I've got back to Malifaux recently with several friends (played and painted very little back in M2E) and we are enjoing it quite a bit actually. So my intention is to paint all the Ten Thunders I can this year, starting by finishing to paint my Misaki Crewbox and going from there.

Please @Caedrus, sign me in for minion level, I got good intentions but little time and a little minion devouring my time right now, but I want to complete the challenge 😃

Looking forward to watching all the projects and reading you guys.

Happy end of year!

• Like 3

Hi all. I'm from London in the UK and this will be my 3rd year in the challenge. In 2021 I'm going to be painting some of the new Explorer's Society crews and finishing what's left of my Ressers and TOS. Oh and Augmented... and nightmare Pandora

Last year I had to drop out for the last couple of months due to busy-ness so this year I'm gonna drop down 2 levels and pledge in at Enforcer.

Thanks for running the challenge again @Caedrus and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your painted minis this year :) 

• Like 2

Hi in new to the Forums and I think this challenge is exactly what i need to keep motivated.

@Caedrus I pledge Master level

I saw in another thread that people pledge the minis they want to paint. Do i have to or can i just paint whatever i want without announcing it?

What happens if i paint minis worth 17SS and in the next month only 15SS is this legal?

Thanks for unning this awesome challenge.

• Like 1

Happy New Year, everyone!

It's January 1st, and that means getting those paintbrushes damp and ready for a new year!

First of all, I have changed two things in the Rules for the Challenge. Proxies count for their proxy value, and there is no requirement for them to be all-Wyrd miniatures. I think if they're unambiguously representative, that's good enough; besides, other miniature manufacturers make some awesome stuff, too! The second change is that I have changed the phrasing so that people feel more welcome in showing their non-Wyrd miniatures. I can guarantee you that I shall be showing off my Monty Python miniatures when they're complete!

Now, a quick update!

On 12/22/2020 at 6:55 PM, Maogrim said:

Is it possible to up- or downgrade later in the process?

> You can go down in a pledge, but not up. If in doubt, pledge big!

On 12/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, Harlekin said:

I will most likely have to add some non-Malifaux models to the challenge as I also do have to paint quite some Infinity stuff. 

> The changes mentioned above should make you happy!

On 12/29/2020 at 1:34 AM, lusciousmccabe said:

I won't be participating in the challenge, but I'll definitely still be checking these threads for inspiration

> You will most definitely be missed, lusciousmccabe. Please do stop by and let us know what you're up to!

On 12/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, LordZombie said:

I have been trying to complete this for 2 years, maybe the third year is the charm.

Welcome back, my LordZombie!

15 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Last year I had to drop out for the last couple of months due to busy-ness so this year I'm gonna drop down 2 levels and pledge in at Enforcer

> Welcome back, Gloomy!

13 hours ago, Imbadice said:

Hi in new to the Forums and I think this challenge is exactly what i need to keep motivated.

I saw in another thread that people pledge the minis they want to paint. Do i have to or can i just paint whatever i want without announcing it?

What happens if i paint minis worth 17SS and in the next month only 15SS is this legal?

> There's no requirement to pledge, or do any updates, or even show your minis at the end of the month, but I've definitely found that doing so helps in terms of motivation, feedback, focus and encouragement!

> Credits don't carry over for the month, unfortunately. For that month, you'd be considered to have not met your pledge.

> Most of all, welcome to the Challenge, Imbadice!

7 hours ago, Ja9nge said:

I pledge Henchman level

> Welcome, Ja9nge

Let's get painting!

Caedrus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caedrus said:

The second change is that I have changed the phrasing so that people feel more welcome in showing their non-Wyrd miniatures.

Yeah, I know... But I'd still prefer to add mainly/only Wyrd miniatures here as this is what most of us mainly are here for. 

But as I will try to increase my painting output for 2021 I will aim for Master Pledge Level and thus might have to collect my points for the painting challenge by throwing in a few Infinity models every now and then.
I will try to avoid it, though, as it's just a shame that my pile of shame is so huge for Malifaux 🙈

Anyways, I am already busy with my Valedictorian, so it's a good start.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Originally from HI, now in CT, I probably put paint on a model first in the 90s (well a game model, I badly painted a model airplane and a lead cast figurine in the 80s). Have really only had one fully painted army in my life (warmahordes) and that was also very badly done. There were a few other that were close but just missed out due to not having bases done on all models or unpainted conversion bits (I used pencils for missile launchers for orks).

Anyway even though I fell off very early last year, I think I'll try again, and pledge at the peon/minion level. Since success is likely better for continued interest i figure I can start off low and if I do better that's great.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cats Laughing said:

Anyway even though I fell off very early last year, I think I'll try again, and pledge at the peon/minion level. Since success is likely better for continued interest i figure I can start off low and if I do better that's great.

Looking forward to see some of your stuff. Whenever you need a motivation bump just don't hesitate to ask for it. The more you continuously paint the better you become the more fun it is to paint... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hello fellow Meatfluffs!
i'm still fairly new to Malifaux and have yet to play a real game with anyone... but i've enjoyed the model designs and assembling them thus far. However, the time to slap some paint on these teams has arrived and hopefully i'll be able to do them justice.

@Caedrus hoping to keep up with the mutual motivation/production/cheering on in this thread at level henchmen, and thank you for organizing this idea

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

A little bit around the clock, but I'm joining to this.

I'm from the Basque Country (in northern Spain). Last year I painted about 72 miniatures. That's my record. I intended to paint 52 miniatures, one per week, but I ended painting more... This year I'm looking to beat that record.

@CaedrusI know January is almost done, but I've painted some minis and some terrain, which I think that puts me on a tyrant pledge. It's a little bit late here (23:05pm) so I'll post pictures and values in SS tomorrow as soon as I can.

• Like 1