You are invited to the 2021 Malifaux Painting Challenge!

Caedrus

My dear fellow players and painters, I’d like to invite you to take part in the 2021 Malifaux Painting Challenge!

I am Caedrus, and I will be hosting the 2021 Challenge, which will be starting on January 1st, 2021; the Challenge is all about:

1. Having fun painting!

2. Motivating yourself, and encouraging others.

3. Being part of a great, friendly community.

4. Giving and receiving constructive advice. And, finally:

5. Getting some pigment onto plastic!

This isn’t a competition. It’s a way of giving and receiving encouragement, and showcasing your painting, with the end goal of getting those beautiful miniatures ready for the board.

All Wyrd-related miniatures are welcome, as is terrain.

The Challenge is open to absolutely every painter, regardless of skill. You are welcome here.

A model will be considered painted if it is (1) based (even glued onto a black base counts); (2) tournament legal. That means that if it's a translucent, based model, it counts automatically. If it is any opaque material, then the standard is: Every part of the miniature painted, and three colours minimum. If you can manage that, then you can paint!

I will be opening the January Challenge just after Christmas, for you to make your first pledge, but for the moment, I’d love for you to put your name down here, if you’d like to take part, and get in touch with your gaming network, and let them know they are invited!

If you’ve taken part in the Challenge before, please do share your thoughts and encouraging words for those thinking of taking part!

I hope to see you in January!

Caedrus.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I shall start the ball rolling ... Hi everyone, Caedrus here!

I'm from Australia, and I'm a loooong-term roleplayer and gamer. I paint better than I play.

In 2021, I'll be aiming to paint some of my massive, massive Malifaux backlog. I might even make my own painting thread!

I'm pledging at Tyrant level!

See you in 2021!

• Like 7

Hi there ! I'm from France and i'll continue painting and posting here.

This challenge is a good motivation to have things go on your way ! Don't be too greedy announcing some huge amounts... Be reasonable, and you'll be proud each month you'll have overreach your objectives :)

• Like 6

How could I say 'No' to such a lovely invitation, so I'll gladly acquiesce. :)

Hello and 你们好, my name is Maogrim. I'm from Germany and I'm a long time roleplayer and on-off tabletop miniature gamer. Malifaux pulled me back in a few months ago (insert Michael Corleone meme here) and now I guess I'm back in the game.

I have my own painting thread with sub-par painting going on, but I thought I'll join in here for a little more love and motivation. I'm all about the lower level Ten Thunders masters, so expect Honeypot, Qi & Gong and eventually 1988 Mei Feng (Gumdrop and the gang). 

Looking forward to it! 

• Like 3

Hi there,

I'm from Italy. I'll be pleased to take part to the challenge next year, too.

I play and collect boardgames, card games  and miniature games since sooo looong time, and..... sometime....... I paint minis and scenics, too! But do not expect I'm a very talented painter. I'm sure I'm better as a player and even better as a collector! :D

I did not focused my painting ambitions and targets for 2021, yet. As I did during past years, I'll divide my efforts on many, different fronts so expect from me scenics as minis.

• Like 4

Been partaking here for two years now. Might as well go for a third.

I'm not the most prolific painter here since I painted most of my Malifaux stuff in 2016 and 2017 and try to keep my master/faction ADD in check. But partaking in this challenge keeps me painting Wyrd, and that ain't no bad thing. Past two years have been fun and this challenge has been an important part of my hobby life. Good folks, good times.

• Like 4

Question related to the challenge.  I have about a half dozen models in various stages of painting.  If the majority of them are finished in January is it acceptable to claim them for the month, or should the challenge be started on the 1st?  Thanks in advance.  Some examples below.

342E18E1-317D-4BE7-9426-5C837A6311DC.jpeg

• Like 1

Well count me in for another round! 

I'm Adrian, also from Australia, but the Western part. I'm been wargaming for 2.5 decades and arguably enjoy the converting/painting more than the gaming. This will be my third go of the painting challenge. The past year went pretty well, until life got in the way and I stopped having the time to keep up with the painting/uploading of pics. It's not like I stopped painting altogether though - just over the last two months I painted up two Titans and most of a Viks crew. ;)

Anyway, for 2021 I'm actually moving to Kalgoorlie. It's a city of 28,000 people about 500km East of Perth...basically in the middle of the desert, next to a giant hole (there was gold in that thar hill!). Sadly there's no Malifaux or Other Side games happening out there, but it's not going to stop me painting up a bunch of minis I've been itching to get to... in particular an Abyssinian army, the rest of my Cult/Gibbering Hordes and multiple Malifaux crews!

• Like 5

On 12/15/2020 at 4:29 AM, Woody71 said:

Question related to the challenge.  I have about a half dozen models in various stages of painting.  If the majority of them are finished in January is it acceptable to claim them for the month, or should the challenge be started on the 1st?  Thanks in advance.  Some examples below.

AFAIK, looking to past years, I'd say yes. Models are computed inside the month they are finished, base included.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, Rathnard said:

Well count me in for another round! 

I'm Adrian, also from Australia, but the Western part. I'm been wargaming for 2.5 decades and arguably enjoy the converting/painting more than the gaming. This will be my third go of the painting challenge. The past year went pretty well, until life got in the way and I stopped having the time to keep up with the painting/uploading of pics. It's not like I stopped painting altogether though - just over the last two months I painted up two Titans and most of a Viks crew. ;)

Anyway, for 2021 I'm actually moving to Kalgoorlie. It's a city of 28,000 people about 500km East of Perth...basically in the middle of the desert, next to a giant hole (there was gold in that thar hill!). Sadly there's no Malifaux or Other Side games happening out there, but it's not going to stop me painting up a bunch of minis I've been itching to get to... in particular an Abyssinian army, the rest of my Cult/Gibbering Hordes and multiple Malifaux crews!

Maybe you don't have any Malifaux store because you are living in a real world Nythera xD

Well, because life, I only capable to paint during 2 months and never for myself. So I can't choose the game I paint.

But I will be looking for your works! I love this kind of initiatives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greetings, All!

The 2021 Monthly Painting Challenge Rules page has been created. Click on the link below!

Could I ask @bedjy, @Maogrim, @Purple Mist, @Viruk, @Woody71, @Nikodemus, @Rathnard, and @muraki to advise of their pledge levels, and I'll add you to the spreadsheet? Many Thanks, my fellow painters!

While I'm here, it's great to see some regulars here for 2021. @Woody71, the answer from @Purple Mist is absolutely correct, and my sincere welcome to the Challenge, from all the way over here in Australia!

Finally, if you know someone that's considering joining the Challenge, please do encourage them to take part!

I've been in touch with @Kimberly regarding getting a forum badge or similar forum recognition from Wyrd - let's see how that goes!

In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday, stay safe, and I look forward to painting alongside you in 2021!

Caedrus.

I'll happily be jumping in for 2021 again, at the Enforcer level! Seeing all your excellent works and growth has been great for motivation ever since moving to Indy from St. Louis, and getting more painted models on the table has (pre-plague) really helped grow the community in the area.

Thanks to @Caedrusfor continuing to run the challenge this upcoming year!

• Like 4

@Caedrus I'll be pledging for Enforcer Level (6 SS) this year.

I have no doubt I could do the Tyrant Level again, but this year I'd like to shake things up a bit with some more non-Wyrd painting. In particular I've got a Dwarf army for Kings of War that needs some attention. ;) Probably some GW stuff too, since that's what most wargamers seem to play in Kalgoorlie...

• Like 4

Hi everybody,
I'm from Germany and came to Malifaux with M3E (had a few games before but nothing regular) and am enjoying the game and the models since then. Sadly, I am a very slow painter and while I'd like to aim for Master it'll probably be Henchman. And I will most likely have to add some non-Malifaux models to the challenge as I also do have to paint quite some Infinity stuff. 

Anyways, huge thanks to @Caedrus for hosting, again. The MPC is a huge motivation for me to keep painting regularly. 

• Like 1