Jump to content

When are you going to nerf Dashel


IronmanKC81
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dashel is ridiculous and needs a nerf. I don't understand how this continues to not be a topic of discussion. So, I'm sure its been discussed but I want to bring the discussion back out. 

The card draw off the scheme marker thing is over tuned when the dispatcher counts as a scheme marker. 

Executioners are over tuned. 

Gage is over tuned. 

 Discuss. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dashel needs a nerf

Colette needs a nerf

Nexus needs a nerf

English Ivan needs a nerf

Maxine needs a nerf

Jedza needs a nerf

Dreamer needs a nerf

Leveticus needs a nerf

Jack Daw needs a nerf

Prof. von Schtook needs a nerf

Yan Lo needs a nerf

Shenlong needs a nerf

McCabe needs a nerf

Asami needs a nerf

So'mer needs a nerf

 

Did I forget anyone from the "needs a nerf"-list?

I don't see why Dashel is in an especially dire need of a nerf compared to all the others on this list. Or maybe, just maybe Malifaux is a not overly balanced game and most of it's fun comes from overcoming your crew's weaknesses and beating up supposedly OP crews.

  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question - did you play dashel before the last errata?

 I think there were more cries then for guards to be improved than there are now for him to be nerfed.

The dispatcher received a big boost, but it is still only a 4 wound insignificant totem.

I'm bringing it up to show what a fine line between too weak and too strong there can sometimes be. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Dashel is ridiculous and needs a nerf. I don't understand how this continues to not be a topic of discussion. So, I'm sure its been discussed but I want to bring the discussion back out. 

The card draw off the scheme marker thing is over tuned when the dispatcher counts as a scheme marker. 

Executioners are over tuned. 

Gage is over tuned. 

 Discuss. 

 

Why asking to nerf one of the few competitive masters from Guild? Have we not suffered enough for you!? :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Commoner1 said:

Dashel needs a nerf

Colette needs a nerf

Nexus needs a nerf

English Ivan needs a nerf

Maxine needs a nerf

Jedza needs a nerf

Dreamer needs a nerf

Leveticus needs a nerf

Jack Daw needs a nerf

Prof. von Schtook needs a nerf

Yan Lo needs a nerf

Shenlong needs a nerf

McCabe needs a nerf

Asami needs a nerf

So'mer needs a nerf

 

Did I forget anyone from the "needs a nerf"-list?

I don't see why Dashel is in an especially dire need of a nerf compared to all the others on this list. Or maybe, just maybe Malifaux is a not overly balanced game and most of it's fun comes from overcoming your crew's weaknesses and beating up supposedly OP crews.

Hamelin was the subject of discussion in need of a nerf a fortnight ago :D  It was a fun chat.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Shlowmoe said:

This reeks of someone getting smashed by Daschel whose knee jerk reaction was to come here and make a post about it.  He's strong (and so is basically any other summoner) and could use a tuning but it's not far breaking. 

Didn't get smashed, but thanks for the thought. Summoners do seem to be over tuned as a whole, but some rise to the top of the list. Dashel is at the top for me. He's the best summoner in the game right now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Didn't get smashed, but thanks for the thought. Summoners do seem to be over tuned as a whole, but some rise to the top of the list. Dashel is at the top for me. He's the best summoner in the game right now. 

 

what do you feel makes him better than the likes of dreamer or kirai? (or any other "need to nerf" summoners), not to say hes weak at all, but if you want a discussion it might be better to put your grievances because it seems like most are ok with him

  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, the card draw. It just keeps on coming with the dispatcher being able to count as a scheme marker. Removing the card draw would be step number 1, or at least making it draw one discard one. 

Secondly, executioners are a 2 inch reach model that comes in slow, which is easily removed in guild. They ignore resistance triggers with crit strike and execute, which is fine. Why the 2 inch reach with scatter and trail of gore? They more likely will be hitting you with stat 7 due to pursue. The crew itself can easily move them out of combat so there is no way to really lock them down. Grit, really good, and hard to kill is really good. 

Scatter, suddenly they can just scheme run and pick up markers, or drop markers. Why do they have this ability? All on a 9 stone summonable minion times 2. 

 

You can't just "kill the dispatcher, its easy". There is a lot of healing and shielding in this crew, and protected/take the hit... come on...

 

You're saying thats not over tuned?

Kirai doesn't have card draw, nor can she summon a model with the capabilities of a executioner, or a mounted rider, really. She doesn't benefit that well from versatile or ook models either like Dashel does.  She has a narrow playability. Goryo and Shikome are good models, but they aren't that good, nor can they do the things those models can do. 

Dreamer is great, but again he can't summon an executioner, which is one of the best minions in the game. 

  • Respectfully Disagree 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IronmanKC81 said:

First, the card draw. It just keeps on coming with the dispatcher being able to count as a scheme marker. Removing the card draw would be step number 1, or at least making it draw one discard one. 

Secondly, executioners are a 2 inch reach model that comes in slow, which is easily removed in guild. They ignore resistance triggers with crit strike and execute, which is fine. Why the 2 inch reach with scatter and trail of gore? They more likely will be hitting you with stat 7 due to pursue. The crew itself can easily move them out of combat so there is no way to really lock them down. Grit, really good, and hard to kill is really good.

first, 1 card per turn on the dispatcher unless some executioners are close enough to trail of gore him

second, they arent easy summons, on dispatcher it requires a 13R for an all melee unit in a crew without much expert shot, i may be missing it but im not personally seeing all that much healing or shielding, and if he is mostly what makes the crew unbalanced (from 2") would lowering his melee to one or even zero be all it takes to "fix" it

1 hour ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Kirai doesn't have card draw, nor can she summon a model with the capabilities of a executioner, or a mounted rider, really. She doesn't benefit that well from versatile or ook models either like Dashel does.  She has a narrow playability. Goryo and Shikome are good models, but they aren't that good, nor can they do the things those models can do. 

Dreamer is great, but again he can't summon an executioner, which is one of the best minions in the game. 

a summoner is not necessarily made *entirely* off their summons. just because kirai or dreamer may not have a super melee/ranged tarpit/beater on their lists of summons doesnt make them "worse".

kirai has rather insane healing at times and units like goryo who can boost her crews effectiveness against enemies with built in adversary or on that very same ability teleporting an upwards of 10" as a bonus while taking their ability to heal, or better yet (or just more interestingly) a totem with 2/3/4 irreducible damage that if killed before kirai activates can get two activations.

and dreamer can dream his deck into near nonexistance...

  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IronmanKC81 said:

Secondly, executioners are a 2 inch reach model that comes in slow, which is easily removed in guild. They ignore resistance triggers with crit strike and execute, which is fine. Why the 2 inch reach with scatter and trail of gore? They more likely will be hitting you with stat 7 due to pursue. The crew itself can easily move them out of combat so there is no way to really lock them down. Grit, really good, and hard to kill is really good. 

Scatter, suddenly they can just scheme run and pick up markers, or drop markers. Why do they have this ability? All on a 9 stone summonable minion times 2. 

It seems like most of your dislike is actually aimed at executioners, not Dashel. But I don't see the problem, most crews have some form of beater to actually get through the opposing lines. This is the Guard version of that.

I know a lot of Guild have crit strike, but apart from that the Guard models don't really have great damage output so they need something like this to actually kill models.

You moan about 2" reach, but they are giant men with massive claws. It makes sense. Why aren't you complaining about other models with 2" reach, I don't see why this is an unbalanced factor?

As said, to summon them requires a 13 and either soulstone, or a ram, so it's not like you aren't putting an investment in. Even if you do draw a card it is unlikely to be as good in your hand.

  • Agree 3
  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Commoner1 said:

I don't see why Dashel is in an especially dire need of a nerf compared to all the others on this list.

Because it's Guild obviously, GUI is supposed to be bad! (👈 joke, lower your pitchforks)

17 hours ago, Commoner1 said:

Or maybe, just maybe Malifaux is a not overly balanced game and most of it's fun comes from overcoming your crew's weaknesses and beating up supposedly OP crews.

I'm guilty of this; this is probably why I enjoy so much gimmicks and playing the underdogs tbh.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was mentioned multiple times:

Biggest issue with Guild is that a lot of models are pretty generic: mediocre stat, give it a gun, a melee attack and off you go. The internal Guild synergies are also pretty weak (except Hoff and kind of Lucius) which means you rather get versatiles and/or all-star picks than get into keyword. 

 

Georgy and OIaf, an 8SS Enforcer shoots almost on Dita level. Let that sink in :P 

 

 

LLC is probably one of the best upgrades in the game. But no other faction is really balanced around one upgrade. Guild keywords also really lacks support models (that's why you see the lawyer everywhere)

I really hope they would have a bigger errata somewhere next year :)

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Legislat fantastic post. I agree with literally everything you said.

 

Lawyers are literally the only minions I ever hire (aside from a very infrequent use of Pathfinders, or a Changeling or two in Lucius). In a recent grand tournament, I hired a Mounted Guard once in five games as the only keyword model in Dashel, and then only because the strategy was symbols.

 

There are too many dud choices in the faction, so you basically take the few that are competitive. I am 100% sure that Guild is the faction that would be most hamstrung by any nerfs at this point as the second best models aren't nearly good enough to step up and take the place of the current best choices. That being said, the card draw on the Dispatcher is too good and probably needs to be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dispatcher just got changed, so I do not see another rework while so many other models in the game still need a first-time refinement.

Dashel is fine right where he is; a killable summoner who can fight. Is the Dispatcher a strong Totem? Yup! Is the Dispatcher easily killed? Yup! Can Dashel dominate with lucky card draws if the opponent ignores the Dispatcher? Yup!

Dashel's crew is as vulnerable as the Dispather; few other crews rely so heavily on a 4-wound Totem, and even putting pressure on him can hinder Guild plans. 

The Dreamer crew has FAR better synergy, and REMOVING low cards from your deck is a TOP 3 ability at the Master level.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Legislat said:

1) Dashels keyword is actually not really that good except the high end Mounted Guards and Executioneers. The sole value of them being an incredible summons. But that comes with the cost.

I think they are both fine to have in the main list, then you can replace them if needed!

4 hours ago, Legislat said:

And the last thing to take a look at is The Lead Lined Coat. This thing is what dragging the guild down hard. This is the only upgrade in the guild. Literaly. And Dashel has it for free.

No Prisoners ended up as a failure. The cost and requirements and aftermath of "Catch them!" is to clunky.

 

So you are probably in a better position than me to see if this is any good, but I had a dream and it worked there.....

List:
Dashel
Dispatcher
2 Mounted Guard with No Prisoners
2 Executioners
Lawyer
6 stones.

So my thoughts were, pair up Mounted Guard with each executioners. Ride with Me, bringing them up the board then shooting a thing to teleport an executioner into the enemy lines with the upgrade. Do some other things, do it again with the other pair?

I agree LLC is very strong, but the others have niche situations like this. But saying that expert marksmen doesn't do a lot because the models you want it on, usually have similar rules already.

  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Higgybeans said:

 

I think they are both fine to have in the main list, then you can replace them if needed!

So you are probably in a better position than me to see if this is any good, but I had a dream and it worked there.....

List:
Dashel
Dispatcher
2 Mounted Guard with No Prisoners
2 Executioners
Lawyer
6 stones.

So my thoughts were, pair up Mounted Guard with each executioners. Ride with Me, bringing them up the board then shooting a thing to teleport an executioner into the enemy lines with the upgrade. Do some other things, do it again with the other pair?

I agree LLC is very strong, but the others have niche situations like this. But saying that expert marksmen doesn't do a lot because the models you want it on, usually have similar rules already.

And thats a bad list, which is why you don't see it when good players are taking Dashel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

what's wrong with it? i assume your atleast in partial agreement about queeg being bad, but the only thing that particularly strikes me as off here is the lack of rifleman 

I don't know the faction very well, but competitive lists for most crews tend to include Phiona and Pale Rider I think?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information