Malifaux World Series Event #3: New Year's Retribution

Insomniakwulf

Hello all! I'm pleased to announce the next event for the Malifaux World Series: New Year's retribution 

This event will be running January 1st--28th. Registration is open today and will be open until the December 30th. This is a 4 round, 50ss, singles event, and the iron scorpius format will be enforced if you are unsure what this means there is more detail in the player pack. Your place in this event will apply towards qualification to the World Championship invitational in the works for August 2021. I am GMT based out of the the UK , but this event is open to anyone who wants to play. Player's pack with pools is to be found Here

Register for this event here

World Series rankings will are hosted at https://vassal.malifaux-rankings.com/#/. Huge thanks to Malifaux-Rankings for hosting us!

We are working on consolidating our information, but for now, we have these links:
Series Event Calendar
Player Contact List
Game and Match Data - Expect to see more detailed master/score/scheme data here in the coming weeks.
Series Rules FAQ - We are trying to keep rules disputes contestant across the series. If something comes up in game, check here first.

I will check this post as often as I can, but my preferred contact is via Discord: @insomniamwulf#4444

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Insomniakwulf said:

So this season it's singles but given the feedback we are looking at allowing multimaster play next season, if we did do Iron scorpius for multi master any master used would be ruled out for future rounds, but we would never enforce multimaster play. 

Cheers :)

Historically I have been a bit against double masters, but I realised I don't have any tournament data to back that up (and it hasn't been a problem locally).

Would be nice to see a high-calibre tournament put the idea to the test.

37 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Cheers :)

Historically I have been a bit against double masters, but I realised I don't have any tournament data to back that up (and it hasn't been a problem locally).

Would be nice to see a high-calibre tournament put the idea to the test.

So multiple masters are inherently imbalanced, all it takes is looking at how much value certain masters bring as additional hire as opposed to others, kirai, zoraida, ophelia  would all make solid additional masters that don't need any keyword support whereas ulix, Leveticus, mei feng don't really bring anything to a crew without their support pieces. 

But this isn't the place for this conversation, so we will leave it at that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am interested in joining in as I have built and painted a lot this year but been unable to play. Would not knowing Vassal particularly well put me at a huge disadvantage? And are there other things I have to do first, or can I just jump in?

I am relatively experienced in the game itself though, just not on computer top gaming 😂

Thanks, Higgy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Higgybeans said:

Hi there,

I am interested in joining in as I have built and painted a lot this year but been unable to play. Would not knowing Vassal particularly well put me at a huge disadvantage? And are there other things I have to do first, or can I just jump in?

I am relatively experienced in the game itself though, just not on computer top gaming 😂

Thanks, Higgy.

So the best thing you could do is join the discordant ask someone to run you through how to use vassal, knowing how to play will mean you just have to learn the controls, and as you have just over a week and a half that should be plenty for you to get the hang off things. https://discord.gg/QSApfr3ZMY

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

To add to this, make sure to watch a video of someone playing or get a tutor. You need to know what vassal can do to fully use it. I watched battle reports and was like "oh, what's the hotkey for that function" a lot.

I found a series of very old videos that seem to tutorial it quite well, and I've taken notes so I have a cheat sheet of functions 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

But it may have a bug where that only works if the arrow is pointing north. At least, I had the same problem last time.

I think the latest update to either vassal or the module fixed it. I think vassal changed it for a few versions and then either changed it back or the module makers found way to over ride it

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

To add to this, make sure to watch a video of someone playing or get a tutor. You need to know what vassal can do to fully use it. I watched battle reports and was like "oh, what's the hotkey for that function" a lot.

Playing you will be a double challenge. Both strategic and logistic for us europeans :D