Box set Speculation

AverageGatsby

A picture of the ES Starter Box on Noble Knight's webpage (https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147859034/Explorers-Society-Starter-Box) says the models are pre-assembled? Maybe I missed it in the smattering of news that come out on the starter boxes, but that's news to me. Has anybody heard whether the contents of these boxes will be offered in just regular plastic not pre-assembled kits?

16 minutes ago, the tick said:

A picture of the ES Starter Box on Noble Knight's webpage (https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147859034/Explorers-Society-Starter-Box) says the models are pre-assembled? Maybe I missed it in the smattering of news that come out on the starter boxes, but that's news to me. Has anybody heard whether the contents of these boxes will be offered in just regular plastic not pre-assembled kits?

I guess it makes sense for a starter kit!

And also for people like me who suck at assembling xD

I know that is a disappointment for a lot of people, though. This is the first I've heard of it, but I'd be really surprised if they did it both ways. Thatd be so expensive for them.

12 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I guess it makes sense for a starter kit!

And also for people like me who suck at assembling xD

I know that is a disappointment for a lot of people, though. This is the first I've heard of it, but I'd be really surprised if they did it both ways. Thatd be so expensive for them.

Yeah you're most likely right, and the cost wouldn't let them do both options. I'm more than a little disappointed about the pre-assembled nature personally, it will absolutely be a non-starter for me buying the box. You're certainly not the only one who dislikes the assembly though and I get that stance.

42 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

But what a weird mix of models. Botanists would have been cool, but what do I know. I wasn't involved with testing them

The problem is Botanists are Plentiful (3); Prospects are the only (2) Versatile models in the faction.

On 1/25/2021 at 4:16 AM, HomelessOne said:

https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147859035/Jedza-Core-Box

Neat, so there's the box art for Jedza's core.

Ok so we got Jedza, Sophie, Mikhail and the lamplighters.

I would guess the rest of the seeker boxes would be :
1 box with grave goo, austera & twigge, and the moorwraiths
1 box with the damned (hopefully, since he's savage too it would be nice to have him alone)

Since the surveyors are in Anya's box and Tannenbaum is in the starter box, that would be all seeker models

23 minutes ago, HomelessOne said:

Wyrd's newsletter went out about half an hour ago and they've experienced further release delays. Explorer's Society relevant:

Feb 26th

Malisaurus Rex

Wanderlust

March

Sand Worm

Ivan Core

Dirty Work

April

Anya Core

Intrepid Fate

Dark Reflections

Not judging, just informing.

Good... Good...

The longer they take to release the sand worm, the longer until my next order, and the more time I have to paint up what I already have of ES xD

On 1/27/2021 at 5:02 AM, HomelessOne said:

Wyrd's newsletter went out about half an hour ago and they've experienced further release delays. Explorer's Society relevant:

Feb 26th

Malisaurus Rex

Wanderlust

March

Sand Worm

Ivan Core

Dirty Work

April

Anya Core

Intrepid Fate

Dark Reflections

Not judging, just informing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't realize they just had announced delay...and gamenerdz didn't change the expected date...so I just pre-ordered ivan core box thinking i will get it in a couple of weeks.....

great

now I have to wait at least another month...and knowing wyrd...now it might be April to get them.....

12 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

And if you live in Europe and your retailer ordered his stocks from the UK, like many did, you can maybe add another month due to unclear border regulations. Still haven't received the Apex boxes I ordered just after Christmas.

Brexit was such a good and thought-out idea...

I wish there was a 'cry' response to posts 😧

• Agree 1

https://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147859031/Outcast-Starter-Box

And apparently Syndicate is getting something with an Outcast starter box. And again with the pre-assembled. Even if I'm the only guy beating the drum on this, I'll keep saying the pre-assembled stuff is a massive turn off Wyrd. Please make these things available in the normal Malifaux plastic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, the tick said:

And again with the pre-assembled. Even if I'm the only guy beating the drum on this, I'll keep saying the pre-assembled stuff is a massive turn off Wyrd. Please make these things available in the normal Malifaux plastic.

A bit of a shame but guess it makes sense for a starter. Is easier to say you can open + play it (as aren't they also supposed to come with decks?)

That said the pandora set was pretty nice. So I'll stay optimistic.

• Thanks 1

I'm kinda fine with the pre-assembled as some of the more delicate sculpts take a lot of tools and skill to put together in a way that everything looks precisely right and with no gaps showing. 

On the other hand I guess there are those who enjoy the assembling almost as much as painting or playing, so of course it's bad news for them. 

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

On the other hand I guess there are those who enjoy the assbling almost as much as painting or playing, so of course it's bad news for them. 

I'm one of the people, my favorite set to put together so far was the wild ones. Playing the game is best, then building,  then painting.

• Like 1