Box set Speculation

AverageGatsby

Lots up on the upcoming releases page https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

Anya core (hope the renders aren't to scale or Sovereign is more like Tweety-bird!), Ivan core (awesome renders... WILL be buying!), Dirty work side box (damn those Operatives are awesome minis!), Cooper Core + side box + dino, Sandworm and Wonderlust (with a giraffe-inspired Jessie!)

5 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Lots up on the upcoming releases page https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

Anya core (hope the renders aren't to scale or Sovereign is more like Tweety-bird!), Ivan core (awesome renders... WILL be buying!), Dirty work side box (damn those Operatives are awesome minis!), Cooper Core + side box + dino, Sandworm and Wonderlust (with a giraffe-inspired Jessie!)

What's the issue with Sovereign? It looks decently big to me (although I guess it looks like it belongs on a 40mm instead of a 50mm, an interesting base should fix that).

The giraffe neck on Jessie... yeah, that's not ideal xD I hope that isn't what the model is like. The crystal in her hand is also oddly lacking texture. Did they have to rush the sculpt to finish it or something?

11 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Nexus, 5 Minions, & 2 Totems is already 8 models at 31 stones.... would they bother putting the Archivist in the core box for that 9th model or would he be separate?

We have seen 9 model boxes in m2e, so i dont see why that cant happen again.

And i dont think there was a box without henchman😁

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

What's the issue with Sovereign? It looks decently big to me (although I guess it looks like it belongs on a 40mm instead of a 50mm, an interesting base should fix that).

Height-wise, it's about the same size as Anya from the bottom of the base to the top of its head. Sure its got more bulk, but I'd still like it to to a bit bigger to really give it some presence.

The giraffe neck on Jessie... yeah, that's not ideal xD I hope that isn't what the model is like. The crystal in her hand is also oddly lacking texture. Did they have to rush the sculpt to finish it or something?

If you zoom in, it's a multi-faceted crystal like the artwork

image.thumb.png.e7b593eed2f25470a32eb041ad65f555.png

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

@Da Git fair enough about the size.

For the crystal, the artwork has a lot more texture. It just looks very generic and incomplete. Between that and the neck... Oh, and the facial expression too!  Feels like a very rushed sculpt (or render).

Just had another look at the artwork, yup. Completely agree.

The artwork is really a roughly cut shard, as opposed to this one being a perfectly cut jewel.

Also the face on the render has absolutely no expression... maybe it's just the render for this, but she looks like her face has been pumped full of relaxants and is just kind of there. At least she isn't allergic to bees (a problem a lot of other models had was super puffy cheeks)!

And yeah... Dat neck! that's certainly going to scratch some fetish's itch!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redline said:

There were quite a few last edition that didn't have henchmen. I've not kept up on whats with what this edition but Yan lo is henchmanless in his box. (Hamlin is at 10 models in his core box, but I think its safe to say Rats are a special case). 

21 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Anya core (hope the renders aren't to scale or Sovereign is more like Tweety-bird!), 

Renders aren't always to scale. In the stories, Sovereign lives on a plinth looking like a statue, which I might consider, depending on how easy it is to remove the lightening that is being used to make him fly 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Da Git said:

Just had another look at the artwork, yup. Completely agree.

The artwork is really a roughly cut shard, as opposed to this one being a perfectly cut jewel.

Also the face on the render has absolutely no expression... maybe it's just the render for this, but she looks like her face has been pumped full of relaxants and is just kind of there. At least she isn't allergic to bees (a problem a lot of other models had was super puffy cheeks)!

And yeah... Dat neck! that's certainly going to scratch some fetish's itch!

Yeah, the box is definitely low on my buying list now (especially since I want to avoid versatiles a bit this time around - hoping to play heavily keyword crews).

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

Renders aren't always to scale. In the stories, Sovereign lives on a plinth looking like a statue, which I might consider, depending on how easy it is to remove the lightening that is being used to make him fly 

Agree... but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence... Wyrd's scale has gained a bit of infamy that I wouldn't be surprised if Sovereign did end up being Tweety-bird-sized (I found that itty-bitty warpig super cute in a schadenfreude kind of way!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Adran said:

There were quite a few last edition that didn't have henchmen. I've not kept up on whats with what this edition but Yan lo is henchmanless in his box. (Hamlin is at 10 models in his core box, but I think its safe to say Rats are a special case). 

Yeah, well, shouldve done my research before posting.

Still, i want to believe that archivist will be included.

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Nekima... her only Henchman is boxed with the Black Blood Shaman.

Viktoria... has Vanessa instead.

Yan Lo... only brings The Armor with him.

There's a precedent.

2 hours ago, Da Git said:

Agree... but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence... Wyrd's scale has gained a bit of infamy that I wouldn't be surprised if Sovereign did end up being Tweety-bird-sized (I found that itty-bitty warpig super cute in a schadenfreude kind of way!

If he plays vs Cat hamelin he could "Tot he tot a puttitat!"

11 minutes ago, belorey said:

It's this true???? 😍 I thought we wouldn't see jedza's keywors untill Next Christmas.

Yeah looks like it from some retailers, like here
Wayland has been pretty ok with these M3E releases (unless there was a change also happening on the "upcoming" page, for instance)
There might be delays happening as well but at least it should be first half of the year :)

I can't wait to have the seekers models!

• 1 month later...