Box set Speculation

AverageGatsby

Hey everyone, I'm curious to hear what people's thoughts on the box sets that will inevitably be coming out in the distant future for each of the new masters. Typically, a box set will have the master and totem with a henchman and three minions, though there can and have been variations on that. What do you think each box set will look like for these new masters? 

My personal speculation
DUA/Umbra: Ivan, Mordrake, Gibson DeWalt and 3 Daeva. (I think Daeva make the best minions to include for the starter set)

Cadmus: Nexus, 2 hives, Meredith and then I'm thinking either Beserker husks or eyes and ears. It might be easier to box eyes and ears separately as there are five, and I kind of feel like (being dual keyword) the spelleaters will be a separate box.)

Seeker: Jedza, Sophie, Mikhail, and then 3 moorwraiths, though I kind of hope it's 3 lamplighters instead. 

Syndicate: Anya, Sovereign, Winiston and then I'm not really sure. Maybe the surveyors, but there aren't any minions that aren't dual keyword for syndicate, so maybe Corvis and the operatives are also on the table? 

My guesses are as follows

Cadmus- nexus, nests. 5 eyes and ears, archivist. 

Evs- Maxine, Orville, kiya and harpoonists

Syndicate - anya. Sovereign Winston and surveyors. 

Apex- Cooper, runaways, model 9 and the vartagi.

Dua- Ivan, mordrake. Gibson and deuva

Seeker- jedza Sophie Mikhail lamp lighters. 

Try this on for size:

Nexus, 2 Nests, Archivist, and 3 Spelleaters.

That leaves Meredith, Husks, & Eyes and Ears as the secondary starter box like Hamelin, then Nightsilk as a solo box.

All of Cadmus is just 3 big boxes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

Try this on for size:

Nexus, 2 Nests, Archivist, and 3 Spelleaters.

That leaves Meredith, Husks, & Eyes and Ears as the secondary starter box like Hamelin, then Nightsilk as a solo box.

All of Cadmus is just 3 big boxes!

It does make sense to package Meredith with the Husks, but I doubt we'll get the whole keyword in less than 4 boxes. Though the spelleaters in the main box is an insidious, dare I say parasitic, way to get Witch hunter players into a new faction. 

• Like 1

My expectation for Cadmus would be:

Core box: Nexus, 2 Nests, 5 Eyes and Ears

Supplement 1: Meredith, 3 Berserker Husks

Supplement 2: Archivist, 3 Spelleaters

I can see the Nightsilk could either go in Core or Supp 1, or maybe solo, but they're not doing that much anymore.

23 minutes ago, AverageGatsby said:

It does make sense to package Meredith with the Husks, but I doubt we'll get the whole keyword in less than 4 boxes. Though the spelleaters in the main box is an insidious, dare I say parasitic, way to get Witch hunter players into a new faction. 

They did it with Waldgeists, they have no choice but to do it with Surveyors... it's the way of the future I tells ya!

2 hours ago, Da Git said:

Ivan's Core box is easy!

https://www.blackfire.eu/product.php?id=52100

Then Brokens and Nocturnes in one box

Rook & 2 Operatives in the other (Dirty Work)

See this seems bizzare to me. Cooper's box is 15ss worth of models and Ivan's is 36. Now granted, the Daeva are there to summon, but still. 

2 minutes ago, AverageGatsby said:

See this seems bizzare to me. Cooper's box is 15ss worth of models and Ivan's is 36. Now granted, the Daeva are there to summon, but still. 

Cooper's 21ss... & It's more about model count and fitting the parts on sprues rather than SS cost. I also imagine Ivan's box will be (hopefully just a touch) more expensive

29 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Cooper's 21ss... & It's more about model count and fitting the parts on sprues rather than SS cost. I also imagine Ivan's box will be (hopefully just a touch) more expensive

Yeah, you know adding simple numbers together can be so tricky sometimes. You start with two sixes and a nine and all of a sudden you get distracted by a piece of belly button lint and who knows where you end up. It's pretty much just guessing the sum anyway. 

But yeah it definitely makes sense from a plastic perspective that they wouldn't cost the same. Depending on how big the Night silk creeper actually is, it could be its own box but if Nexus does come with eyes and ears I could see it being included just to give something to that box set right from the get go. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, diki said:

I'm really hoping Nexus mirrors coopers

Core box: Nexus, 2 Nests, Meredith, Archivist, Nighsilk Creeper

Supplement 1: 3 Berserker Husks, 5 eyes and ears

Supplement 2: 3 Spelleaters

There's no way there will be no non-totem minions in that core box.

4 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

There's no way there will be no non-totem minions in that core box.

Well, since they don't have any baggage from M2E, I imagine there is tons of flexibility for how to package the boxes.

Spelleaters separately makes sense so witch hunters can grab them.

Eyes with husks makes sense too.

So this would actually be a reasonable combination. No reason to do it M2E style.

EDIT: except I think those models are too big and wouldn't fit?

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Well, since they don't have any baggage from M2E, I imagine there is tons of flexibility for how to package the boxes.

Spelleaters separately makes sense so witch hunters can grab them.

Eyes with husks makes sense too.

So this would actually be a reasonable combination. No reason to do it M2E style.

EDIT: except I think those models are too big and wouldn't fit?

Seeing as Apex, DUA, & Syndicate are following suit, the keyword is not different enough to warrant such deviation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Nexus, 5 Minions, & 2 Totems is already 8 models at 31 stones.... would they bother putting the Archivist in the core box for that 9th model or would he be separate?

Nexus 8, Meredith + husks, archivist + creeper + spell eaters makes a lot of sense for the keyword.

But would stink for Witch Hunters.