Jedza (Seeker Keyword) Discussion

HomelessOne

Had a game where i tried out seekers vs a friend playing dreamer, i made tons of mistakes in hiring and playing. This is a complex crew to play and you will make lots of mistakes in your first games or at least take a long time to do your turns. Every time something heals (which is often) you may choose trigger often 3-4 different chronicle effects and which ones you want to use plus how you want to use them can be overwhelming. When a regenerating model activates and you have to choose whether to transform that into damage with jedza, then if you don't do that now you can push it, move moorwraiths towards it, mess with discard piles, teleport mikhail, poison things with grave goo etc it ends up taking a while.  Also your positioning and line of sight to Jedza is so important it makes every move a complex line of sight challenge, not to mention whenever you make enemies move you have to take into account shimmering lights, moorwraith severe etc. Definitely not a crew for new players!

8 hours ago, Whut said:

Can anyone think of any (realistic) way to heal during an enemy activation other than using Fragility of Life? Using OOK tech too. I don't think it's possible, right?

Edit: OH! Intrepid Aura

Wastrel has life leech upgrade so heals on enemy activation, but that's probably not quite what you're after.

Had some games with Jedza last week and would like to share some afterthought.

Jedza
 ・combine with Font of the Everlasting and Inevitability of Death, model with 4 health or lower would suffer 1 damage at the start of activation.
 ・likewise, enemies with Regeneration will suffer damage within Jedza's aura.
 ・irresistable staggered of Lost Knowledge is brutal, always try to do it before casting Life of the Earth.
 ・Life Token cannot save model killed by Execute (and Into Dust) trigger.
Sophie
 ・basically a Life Token bank for Jedza.
 ・better put it at the back to prevent blocking movement and LoS.
Mikhail XVI
 ・bodyguard and beater of the keyword.
 ・extremely mobility with Chronicle to place around.
 ・crow trigger worth to cheat to ensure next attack.
 ・the healing from his sword can heal enemy for another damage if Jedza is nearby.
 ・can stack focus +3 with the help of Sophie while still able to keep up with the crew.
Lamplighter
 ・The core model in the keyword. They are just under Mikhail in the pirority list.
 ・[+] from the Lit Lamp is just brutal.
 ・Unnatural Glow is an impressive action of that moving and healing. With this they can move Grave Goo and Moorwraith twice (with healing) to stack shielded +2.
 ・may need help from Tannebaum to move the Lamp marker.
Surveyor
 ・Chain Gang can help the crew in mobility.
 ・Geode Marker sounds lovely with Jedza's Life of Earth, but it is so hard to catch enemies within 2" of the marker.
 ・Price of Progress is one of the limited self damage available in the keyword. You can use it early in the game, like Chain Gang even there is no duel, such that they can be healed later to trigger Chronicle.
Moorwraith
 ・tougher than I would expect for a 4ss model.
 ・.can spam shielded with Lamplighter and up Hard Slam damage to 3/4/6 after opponent had spent their hands late turn.
Intrepid Emissary
 ・Df 7 is just rude.
 ・the aura is just a super version of Guild's one. Sometime it just feel bad to tell the opponent that Emissary is healing again because they missed that attack.
 ・I can foresee that it will soon become the model receiving most nerf call in the faction after people have some games against it. Seems like it will take all the hit away from others even outside of the game.

• Like 3

Hi, 

I have a question about Mikhail and his "In Memoriam" trigger . 

So: when is a card removed from the conflict and put in the discard pile? The rulebook says "once an effect that caused a card to be flipped is resolved , the card is discarded" . I always discarded the card flipped/cheated before doing the damage flip (and before the trigger is resolved) . In this way I can cheat an high crow to be sure to hit also the next time . I'm pretty sure it works this way and Rufess just above said "crow trigger worth to cheat to ensure next attack."

Just want to be sure :) thank you 

4 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

Hi, 

I have a question about Mikhail and his "In Memoriam" trigger . 

So: when is a card removed from the conflict and put in the discard pile? The rulebook says "once an effect that caused a card to be flipped is resolved , the card is discarded" . I always discarded the card flipped/cheated before doing the damage flip (and before the trigger is resolved) . In this way I can cheat an high crow to be sure to hit also the next time . I'm pretty sure it works this way and Rufess just above said "crow trigger worth to cheat to ensure next attack."

Just want to be sure :) thank you 

The card is chosen at time of trigger declaration, so I believe at this time the conflict card is still in the conflict - so you can choose any of the cards discarded from the duel (either from getting a + flip or cheating) but cannot cycle the 13 crow again and again.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Whut said:

The card is chosen at time of trigger declaration, so I believe at this time the conflict card is still in the conflict - so you can choose any of the cards discarded from the duel (either from getting a + flip or cheating) but cannot cycle the 13 crow again and again.

Of course I didn't notice it was in italics the first part (home printed cards in low res) . Now everything is clearer . Thank you 

22 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

I only play Tri-Chi & Infamous, and while that would be amazing vs Brewmaster, I cannot see much use against the sky pirates and they have the easiest time removing Lamps.

I played a lot of games without lamp markers and I don't think they are super necessary to play them. Lamplighters biggest bonuses are the push + heal and Don't Mind Me. 

7 hours ago, Rufess said:

Let alone the marker removal, Zipp by his own has some nice tricks to isolate any model from Jedza's :aura. Plus other Wp 5 Seeker models would not like to see the Boring Conversation. I believe Zipp could be a decent choice of secondary master when facing Jedza.

lol, u forgot abt emissary and lamplighter are garbage

• Respectfully Disagree 3

10 hours ago, Plaag said:

lol, u forgot abt emissary and lamplighter are garbage

I believe you are stating 2 points:

1.) The existing of the Emissary

2.) The Lamplighters are subpar

For the Emissary, yes it is a trouble to deal with. But at least Zipp, with the Up We Go, can avoid that Df 7 and tie in the stat. A single hit should be enough to throw away the Emissary outside of the Take the Hit range. Sure the Explorer player can place his crew careful enough such that Zipp can hardly displace the Emissary into a bad spot, but by doing so Zipp is already giving out pressure and limiting opponent's choice.

Plus that the Emissary cannot protect all the crew with the tiny 2" :aura of the Take the Hit. With the mobility, it should be not difficult for Zipp to pick out model outside of the Emissary.

As for the Lamplighters, I am still learning toward them so cannot draw any conclusion yet. But a :+flip on every activation, even in the opponent's, seems brutal to me. The only issue is how to keep as many as possible models within the :aura of the Lamp Marker. Also the range push and healing is a solid tool in the Seeker crew. Another heal source means you can hold Jedza's activation till later even is there was a model need healing instantly. So they are giving you more flexibility on activation ordering and positioning.

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

You can run them as a pair. Also I believe Bellhop Porter can duplicate the Lit Lamp Marker once you have lit one. That replica does not give out :+flip since it is not lit by the Lamplighter, but it can still be targeted by the Burn the Midnight Oil action.

zipp with his conversation will only help jedza, and if he would come to the bubble, he would die

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

You can run them as a pair. Also I believe Bellhop Porter can duplicate the Lit Lamp Marker once you have lit one. That replica does not give out :+flip since it is not lit by the Lamplighter, but it can still be targeted by the Burn the Midnight Oil action.

Running them as a pair definitely makes Leave Your Mark a lot easier (and also ensures they can always pick up the enemy scheme marker, although unfortunately you pick up your own as well).

5 hours ago, Plaag said:

zipp with his conversation will only help jedza, and if he would come to the bubble, he would die

I am not sure how the Boring Conversation would help Jedza, but if it was the case, Zipp could always choose not to pull it up.

Also he need not to stay in the center of Seeker bubble. He can just charge in and walk away. The number of 2" of Seeker crew could be a problem, but Zipp has the mobility to decide target and landing spot freely.

Once again, Zipp is not going for Jedza, not Mikhail nor Emissary neither. His game is trying to pick up an outsider that is not well protected, throw it out to the Jedza's bubble. And once again, Zipp is not an auto-win button against Seeker, the opponent has several ways to play around it. But he is still giving pressure to the opponent on activation order and positioning, which is a raw advantage by itself. And that is the reason I called Zipp a decent pick against Jedza.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Lamplighters seem super cool, but a bit clunkily designed.  They want to be 8 inches from a lamp to interact through it, or 2 inches to light it?

Seems quite awkward that you have to move so close to it and then can't take advantage of the 8 inch range.

I just use the lamps as concealing vs lures and bring its. Lamplighter is a mv6 dont mind me model with unimpended and a decent move+heal

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nukemouse said:

The idea is they run up to one lamp to light it, then move towards other ones to light it but can still interact back near the first one they lit, letting them threaten to interact in TWO places.

I wonder if you can threaten both spread them out and Leave your Mark (two markers for the final point) at the same time...

Or can you even claim the centre?

If one is 3 inches to the right of the centre, you can tag the centre with a scheme marker. If the other is 7 inches to the left of the centre, you can be within 4 inches of the centre. And they're far enough apart you have loads of extra space to Spread Them Out.

Will have to consider trying to tech one of these guys into Wastrel (since they can gain fast in that crew xD). EDIT: nevermind about in Wastrel, forgot you can give Hucksters an upgrade so they can just remove scheme markers with a bonus action.