[M2E] Shifting Loyalties Campaign

Gabbi

Hi,
 for various reasons I have never moved to Third Edition. Since I'm happy with M2E and I can get them for cheap, I was thinking about getting Shifting Loyalties and the Campaign Deck.
I would have a couple questions about this:
1) I would get the book to play Campaign mode mostly. Is it any good? How it compares with other campaign oriented games? (i.e. Necromunda, Mordheim, Frostgrave, Warcry, etc...). It is worth getting it for the campaign mostly?
2) I will be set with just the book and Campaign Deck, or will I need the Generalist Upgrade Deck, too?
Thanks!

• Like 1

The generalist upgrade deck contains all the generic upgrades for the 7 factions. I found having those upgrades as cards was amazingly useful for creating crews. If you got the arsenal packs when the editon began you would have these upgrades already. 

The campaign is something I thought was a fun add on. The campaign rules may not fit as well as something like necromundas do, but I would never play a necromunda game outside a campaign. 

So I think it is worth getting for playing campaigns if you like that sort of game. The campaign improvements are ( possibly) a little less balanced than a game designed with that in mind, but the general game is more fun and balanced. I would take play a shifting loyalty campaign than a necromunda or frost grave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1