Ten Thunders in Fauxvember!

Yore Huckleberry

Hi all -- I've been crunching numbers from the Vassal Fauxvember tourney and have some rough data.

Disclaimer:

This is based on player reporting and may not be 100% accurate. The sample size is also pretty small -- five TT players in a field of 44 makes for 15 games, and TT played each other twice. Still, it's an interesting snapshot.

The Scoring

Ten Thunders had a positive net record with 6 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw. This places the faction strongly, as Bayou and Neverborn also had positive net records, Rezzers and Arcanists had tied records, and Guild and Outcasts had net losing records. Ten Thunders were a bit spread out in final standings, though, with Ollie finishing at 5th, and then TT players in positions 15, 16, 21, and 25. It's worth saying that 15/16 were 2W/0L/1D records with placement on tiebreaks all the way up to 6th. In general, the faction placed well.

The Masters

Misaki 3 1 0 4
McCabe 3 2 0 5
Shenlong 2 0 0 2
Youko 1 0 0 1
Lynch 0 1 0 1
Lust 0 1 0 1
Yan Lo 0 0 1 1
Mei Feng 0 0 0 0
Asami 0 0 0 0
Faction 9 5 1 15

Thunders is the only faction to bring a Henchmen leader (Lust, presumably for Crossroads 7 work), and Mei Feng and Asami were left in the box (though Mei played once in Arcanists). Misaki, McCabe, and Shenlong had strong showings, with Yuoko also bringing home a win. Lynch was played once into a loss ... although that was a TT mirror against Shenlong. Yan Lo was played once into a draw, although Rezzer Yan Lo was one of their higher scoring masters.

The Schemes

Thunders R E Taken % completed
Runic Binding 0 0 0 n/a
Leave Your Mark 4 1 6 0.4166666667
Hidden Martyrs 0 0 0 n/a
Claim Jump 3 3

Research Mission
2 2 4 0.5
Vendetta 5 0 8 0.3125
Assassinate 3 1 4 0.5
Spread Them Out
0 0 0 n/a
Take Prisoner 1 0 1 0.5
Sabotage 1 0 1 0.5
Let Them Bleed 2 0 2 0.5
Breakthrough 1 0 1 0.5
Catch and Release
0 0 1 0

All thirteen schemes were on-offer at least once over the 3 games, with Leave Your Mark and Vendetta occurring twice each.

Thunders players seem to have been a bit selective about their schemes, with nobody taking Spread Them Out, Catch and Release, Hidden Martyrs, or Runic Binding. Claim Jump was a strong choice and highly scored; otherwise, Thunders had middling success on schemes, scoring near half on most selections.

The Strats

On Corner Symbols, Thunders players scored a total of 17 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 85% conversion rate. This is above the tourney-wide rate of 64.8%.

On Flank Corrupted Ley Lines, Thunders scored a total of 13 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 65% conversion rate. This matches the tourney-wide rate of 67.6%.

On Wedge Recover Evidence, Thunders scored a total of 13 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 65% conversion rate. This is above the tourney-wide rate of 47.0%

Conclusion:

Thunders continues to have masters and tech units that can play successfully into most matchups, and they had a particularly strong showing in the strategies. Scheme points may not be the faction's greatest strength, or it might be that there were other priorities in this relatively killy set of pools. Thunders masters have high mobility in particular.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

On 11/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, Yore Huckleberry said:

This is based on player reporting and may not be 100% accurate. The sample size is also pretty small -- five TT players in a field of 44 makes for 15 games, and TT played each other twice. Still, it's an interesting snapshot.

The Scoring

Ten Thunders had a positive net record with 6 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw. This places the faction strongly, as Bayou and Neverborn also had positive net records, Rezzers and Arcanists had tied records, and Guild and Outcasts had net losing records. Ten Thunders were a bit spread out in final standings, though, with Ollie finishing at 5th, and then TT players in positions 15, 16, 21, and 25. It's worth saying that 15/16 were 2W/0L/1D records with placement on tiebreaks all the way up to 6th. In general, the faction placed well.

The Masters

Misaki 3 1 0 4
McCabe 3 2 0 5
Shenlong 2 0 0 2
Youko 1 0 0 1
Lynch 0 1 0 1
Lust 0 1 0 1
Yan Lo 0 0 1 1
Mei Feng 0 0 0 0
Asami 0 0 0 0
Faction 6 4 1 15

I'm not sure how 6 wins 4 losses and a draw make 15 ?

although the later breakdown has 9 wins 5 loses and 1 draw. 

But with 1 draw in total there appears to be 2 players with records of 2 wins and 1 draw?

And 21 and 25 placed presumably are 1 win and 2 loses, despite being  in the middle of the results

At a guess I'd assume you've mixed up loses and draws making the faction 9 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss. 

(But thank you for the work regardless, I have enjoyed looking at it)

EDIT- just started looking at your spreadsheet, and it missed the Misaki games. I have no idea on the standings as they aren't in the sheet (there are certainly a few other errors in there I can't work out, like why there are fewer Resser games in round 1 than rounds 2 and 3) (DOH, there seems to have been byes, I missed that!)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adran said:

I'm not sure how 6 wins 4 losses and a draw make 15 ?

although the later breakdown has 9 wins 5 loses and 1 draw. 

Thanks for the catch! I think adding in Lust as a Henchman lead pushed the formula's range automatically; it's been adjusted now. I'm going to try to do similar tracking for December's event and get some cumulative data running.

Cheers!

• Agree 1