Lynch- why not so good?

Assdex

24 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

A defense trigger and protected won't defend against pluses, blasts or other indirect damage.

If u use protected with 2" blast less than 2" so it work. 

Colette buried until her activation, unbury then bury again 

The only real problem with the Honeypot crew is Lynch himself. The keyword has quality models that make up for Illuminated and Graves, and Huggy is up there for being the best Totem in the game. If Lynch wasn't so slow, squishy, and so low range then the crew would be quite good IMO.

Also, how does this crew not have a single instance of the Burn Out trigger? It would be very thematically appropriate. I'd love it if Lynch had that on his Friendly Handshake.

2 hours ago, Assdex said:

How this problem bigger for Colette, if she bury most of the time ? Or dreamer who got incorp and protected ? If u stay correct u got 0 dmg from blast

Sure you can't attack her if she is buried, but pulses and blasts bypass serene countenance, protection and defence triggers, so it'd only be the incorporeal that provides any help across the two models. 

And I agree you can position to avoid blasts, but that'd also be true for lynch. 

And there are a few models with double blasts which make protected a bad idea. 

5 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So, once/if the pandemic gets settled, my little playgroup will hopefully start playing. And the opponents for my Jakob Lynch will be Seamus, Zipp (in Bayou), Lord Cooper and maybe the Dreamer...

From what I gather here, it reads like I'm going to have a problem..

The stealth upgrade will help a bit, but those are some pretty high powered masters. You'll have to outplay them as you probably won't be winning a straightforward brawl.

49 minutes ago, Adran said:

Sure you can't attack her if she is buried, but pulses and blasts bypass serene countenance, protection and defence triggers, so it'd only be the incorporeal that provides any help across the two models. 

And I agree you can position to avoid blasts, but that'd also be true for lynch. 

And there are a few models with double blasts which make protected a bad idea. 

U can't avoid blast with take the hit , but can avoid with protected

25 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So, once/if the pandemic gets settled, my little playgroup will hopefully start playing. And the opponents for my Jakob Lynch will be Seamus, Zipp (in Bayou), Lord Cooper and maybe the Dreamer...

With Seamus u got very big problem u need bill 

22 minutes ago, Assdex said:

U can't avoid blast with take the hit , but can avoid with protected

? Protected only applies when you are targeted. So if you target something else with the expectation of blasting the dreamer, then protected doesn't help. 

I assume you mean that it is possible to place your models so that they can still apply for protected without being in range to be used as a blast point. And if you try and do that whist relying on take the hit, then it is much more likely that the model that takes the hit will then be used to blast from, even from the attack from which the take the hit is applying. 

And as I said that is true for a lot of the blast options, but quickly looking through TT (as those are the cards to hand) there are more models that have :blast:blast  attacks than those that only have:blast attacks (although if you look at the models that can add :blastthen the single :blast attacks do overwhelm, but if you are picking models for Blasts because you know you are facing the dreamer you have several (5 by my count) models that can blast the dreamer off of a model that is being used as protection.  I couldn't tell you how true that holds for other factions, the prevalence of Breathe of Fire might alter things. Neverborn has fewer :blast:blast, but has more models with :blast and triggers to gain a second:blast.

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Honestly, what ever combination of crews you face you will probably have problems, because all crews will cause other crews problems, its just the nature of the problem that changes. 

5 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Bill save u but for honeypot u need madox and beconer.

Yes, they are on the shopping list, as are Graves, Tannen and the Depleted. 

But it's good to know that Bill might be helpful for Lynch as well. :)

Is there a use for the Dawn Serpent in Honeypot, or would I be spending too many points for a model outside of the synergy bubble?

26 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

What I own right now are the Core Boxes for Honeypot, Qi & Gong, Foundry, and a Miss Guided (alt Fuhatsu).

Well unfortunately the high powered masters of the faction are Asami, Shenlong, McCabe, Misaki, and Yan Lo (5/8, you picked the three that aren't amazing haha). Malifaux is a game of skill however and you will be able to win against qualitatively stronger crews if you can focus on eking out every VP you can. Fuhatsu is a great Versatile and might be able to win you some games almost alone.

Samurai and Tanuki are the all star versatile minions of the faction, and they can fit in any keyword's crew if you really want them to. Extra focus from Tanuki on Huggy is extremely nice and having Fuhatsu or some Samurai to obey can really open up your offensive options.

18 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Yes, they are on the shopping list, as are Graves, Tannen and the Depleted. 

But it's good to know that Bill might be helpful for Lynch as well. :)

Is there a use for the Dawn Serpent in Honeypot, or would I be spending too many points for a model outside of the synergy bubble?

Serpent not so well i prefer fufu and depleted to annoy opp. 

1 hour ago, Jinn said:

Well unfortunately the high powered masters of the faction are Asami, Shenlong, McCabe, Misaki, and Yan Lo (5/8, you picked the three that aren't amazing haha). 

You're killing me, Jinn ... *sigh*

Oh well, none of us are particularly competitive or experienced, so I guess Honeypot should at least be versatile enough to hang in there. 

1 hour ago, Assdex said:

Serpent not so well i prefer fufu and depleted to annoy opp. 

Who do you use for scheme running? I thought Kitty or a Dawn Serpent would be good for that purpose.

38 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

You're killing me, Jinn ... *sigh*

Oh well, none of us are particularly competitive or experienced, so I guess Honeypot should at least be versatile enough to hang in there. 

Who do you use for scheme running? I thought Kitty or a Dawn Serpent would be good for that purpose.

Depending from scheme. I prefer desper or surprise huggy . Lunch like scheme like assassination or vendetta, claim jump take prisoner. His crew like scheme for killing mortyr tannen and sun.

11 hours ago, Assdex said:

This is my favourite lynch crew

Screenshot_2020-11-25-07-43-46-670_com.wyrd.m3e.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of upgrades... a few suggestions:

Including Sun Quiang I'd put Silent protector on Tannen; that would make him hard to remove as long as he is near of Sun Quiang

A friend of mine like to include a Tanuki; they are great in general but it makes the Hungering Darkness a real pain (Jakob can double walk, and drop that thing on anyone; and a 2/4/6 damage track with Focused and Critical Strike has kill potential); this can also be done with Sun Quiang tho.

Consider 2 Beckoners if you don't expect a lot of :+flip, good model for their cost and those 2 extra Brilliance Tokens are good make sure all enemy beaters start the game without being able to alpha them or Jackob that easily.

36 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Wow, that's a lot of upgrades... a few suggestions:

Including Sun Quiang I'd put Silent protector on Tannen; that would make him hard to remove as long as he is near of Sun Quiang

A friend of mine like to include a Tanuki; they are great in general but it makes the Hungering Darkness a real pain (Jakob can double walk, and drop that thing on anyone; and a 2/4/6 damage track with Focused and Critical Strike has kill potential); this can also be done with Sun Quiang tho.

Consider 2 Beckoners if you don't expect a lot of :+flip, good model for their cost and those 2 extra Brilliance Tokens are good make sure all enemy beaters start the game without being able to alpha them or Jackob that easily.

Stealth better cause of lure and another hooks like presto. 2/4/6 good but i choose obey more utility.

35 minutes ago, SEV said:

Do you think trained ninja is better than 2 stones to protect Lynch from dying?

Also, why do you seem to privilege Gwyneth over Kitty (I don't play Lynch but I'm king of curious on how the crew work).

Tra Stealth better save more and help with move.

Maddox good tank she not carry about enemy focus she got decent damage card draw and good hook plus her aura.

After errata she more powerful than kitty

16 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Stealth better cause of lure and another hooks like presto.

A nearby model with Take the hit can do the same for him; just place him behind Tannen and he will walk around him ending still in range of blocking further Lures (plus you could use your own Lures and Obeys to bring Tanen back into safety or retaliate against that model).

I guess if Stealth works for you there is no reason to change it, but I think H2K would make a better job keeping him alive while he is using his auras (unless you are against a crew with powerful ranged abilities).

53 minutes ago, Ogid said:

A nearby model with Take the hit can do the same for him; just place him behind Tannen and he will walk around him ending still in range of blocking further Lures (plus you could use your own Lures and Obeys to bring Tanen back into safety or retaliate against that model).

I guess if Stealth works for you there is no reason to change it, but I think H2K would make a better job keeping him alive while he is using his auras (unless you are against a crew with powerful ranged abilities).

Why not Stealth ? I don't understand how take the hit , spend card for it and take some dmg or lost position be better rather than Stealth whom senergy with all tanen aura , if u not zora or putina u come closer and stay in all auras

1 hour ago, Assdex said:

Why not Stealth ? I don't understand how take the hit , spend card for it and take some dmg or lost position be better rather than Stealth whom senergy with all tanen aura , if u not zora or putina u come closer and stay in all auras

Because the other player is going to close the gap or the Lynch's player himself will put him near of enemies to make good use of his auras, and when that happens Stealth won't do much for him while having H2K will force most enemies to need 2 or 3 hits to kill him and the slightest healing will make again 2 hits needed to kill him (which is very expensive while affected by his auras). Also those Lures / damage will hit any of the other squishy models so those damage/lost position is going to happen anyway when defending those.

In general I'd lean to that upgrade on him unless the other crew consist mostly in long range/mid range abilities, but in that particular crew where H2K will prevent him to die and then discarding a card with Sun Quiang will heal tanen to 2 during the enemy activation if needed it's even better.