Hamlin is busted, seriously...

NoahScape

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The argument goes that since the Malifaux Rat is the 'affected model' by the aura, you get to summon one for each aura. Auras only don't stack for the 'affected model' IIRC.

Oooh, thanks!

ive been trying to figure out how you get enough rats to keep it all going but that makes a big difference (haven’t yet got him on the table though)

I find Benny can usually get 3-4 rats in play each round, but yeah the Voracious Rat auras stacking can really add up. The most absurd games I've had have been into Colette. Get Blight onto the Doves (Nix's Drink Spirits is a good way) and turn each of them into 2-3 rats. Only games I've played where I've managed to have both Rat Kings and all 12 Rats on the board at once...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Azahul said:

I find Benny can usually get 3-4 rats in play each round, but yeah the Voracious Rat auras stacking can really add up. The most absurd games I've had have been into Colette. Get Blight onto the Doves (Nix's Drink Spirits is a good way) and turn each of them into 2-3 rats. Only games I've played where I've managed to have both Rat Kings and all 12 Rats on the board at once...

But are you consciously having people milling around dropping schemes near Benny to get him pooping out that many rats?

It depends on the flow of the game, but in my case I use to play with 2 Winged Plague. The first turn they are fast and drops 4 scheme markers, and after turning them into rats, Hamelin makes them drop 2 more for the next turn with Unclean Influence. 

The second turn they can drop 2 more and after the summoning repeat for the third turn or maybe run to try to score on the third turn (although I try to not choose spreading schemes for this crew). 

Only with the WP and Hamelin there's an easy generation of 4 rats per turn, plus any verming killed there drops a scheme thanks to Benny. 

13 hours ago, Burnin4tor said:

But are you consciously having people milling around dropping schemes near Benny to get him pooping out that many rats?

I play Hamelin with two Prospectors and a Malifaux Child, which each generate plenty of value if all they do is sit at the back scheming and mining Soulstones (And shutting down attempts to score Sabotage or Breakthrough by virtue of their existence) and I often find that the Obedient Wretch has nothing better to do other than drop Scheme Markers. So yeah, I do bring a hefty support staff for Benny, but I do find they'll typically create plenty of value on their own.