Black Friday Sale?

Maniacal_cackle

2 minutes ago, Sweet Tooth said:

If it follows last year’s announcement timing, we’ll find out Thursday

Agreed I assume we'll hear stuff Wednesday during the waldo + thursdayish for prolly a newsletter.

Can never tell if there was a year where all the special sale emails came out 2ish weeks out or if I'm always a bit impatient but man seems like it's never here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

I'm guessing it will be this month's Waldo's Weekly... Although hoping for more Explorer sneak peaks! 2 masters left!

yup but https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/wyrd-miniatures/76926-explorer-s-society-faction-book

3 days, 11 hours before release. So either they reveals the last two ones wednesday (or before)... or surprise with the book. ^^

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The post does not list what is on sale though. I found a post from 2019 that lists all the items that available for 2019 Black Friday. Was hoping similar information would be available this time. Malifaux products are scarce where I live and I was hoping they would produce a list and I can start budgeting.

What are the Waldo miniatures used for? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sbxsat said:

The post does not list what is on sale though. I found a post from 2019 that lists all the items that available for 2019 Black Friday. Was hoping similar information would be available this time. Malifaux products are scarce where I live and I was hoping they would produce a list and I can start budgeting.

Yeah, it'd have been nice to have the full list sooner. My partner and I want to buy presents for Christmas but we have to wait for the Wyrd sale 😜

But we will find out next week I suppose!

12 hours ago, sbxsat said:

I would image that we will get a list of the items soon. One thing worth noting is that the Wyrd sale does NOT discount items, it sells items that are only available  at limited times. The 2019 price list is probably going to be pretty much the same as this one, with the 1988 bubblegum set and golem,  Pixies fart extras, and Candy and Kade miniatures added.  (Some things may have also sold out now, I don't know). 

Last years Waldo miniature was used as a scenery piece/objective in the special holiday scenarios provided with them. I would imagine similar this time (I can't remember for certain, but I think the scenarios were released separately.) So there is no "game benefit" to having them, but they are fun sculpts. 

I just tested the checkout for some items: Pandora core box, Dreamer core box, Imsomnia, Neverborn Fate Deck and faction book. Shipping costs 52 USD to South East Asia! Do the shipping count towards the final total for claiming the mini during Black Friday i wonder? And do fewer items cost less to ship? If so, can Wyrd games remove all the packaging and place everything in a tiny box :)

/sweat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sbxsat said:

I just tested the checkout for some items: Pandora core box, Dreamer core box, Imsomnia, Neverborn Fate Deck and faction book. Shipping costs 52 USD to South East Asia! Do the shipping count towards the final total for claiming the mini during Black Friday i wonder? And do fewer items cost less to ship? If so, can Wyrd games remove all the packaging and place everything in a tiny box :)

/sweat

Yeah, international shipping is so painful! I would totally buy bulk boxes where they get rid of all that extra air and pack a few boxes into one smaller box.

9 hours ago, sbxsat said:

/sweat

Shipping does not count towards the total for claiming minis. 

Shipping is a mixture of size and weight, and are prices that are outside of Wyrds control. (books are heavy and cost a lot to post for example)

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Shipping is a mixture of size and weight, and are prices that are outside of Wyrds control.

Well, not entirely. Since shipping costs are a function of size and weight, and Wyrd has quite a bit of control over size. There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of boxes - when I buy stuff from friends, often 2-3 boxes are fitted into a single box. So there's probably scope for a cheaper option for shipping. It probably just isn't worth the effort for them.

9 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Well, not entirely. Since shipping costs are a function of size and weight, and Wyrd has quite a bit of control over size. There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of boxes - when I buy stuff from friends, often 2-3 boxes are fitted into a single box. So there's probably scope for a cheaper option for shipping. It probably just isn't worth the effort for them.

I assume there is standard sizes for the US postage, (there is for UK) and that the shipping boxes wyrd use are based on those, so the wasted space isn't generally paid for. 

Unless you're talking about removing the product boxes and just sending the sprues, which could be shipped smaller, but is probably a lot of effort to do.