Keep The Bayou Green!

Jesy Blue

So, we're kicking Zoraida out of the Bayou! 

She can keep the Swampfiend keyword, the Swampfiend models in Bayou keep the keyword too. Hell we'll even keep releasing some new Swampfiend models in Bayou going forward. But she no longer represents The Bayou!

So, which Gremlin do we upgrade to Master status... OR suggest a whole new Gremlin leader to take her place.

• Respectfully Disagree 2

I've always felt that the Bokor angle could do with some more fleshing out.  To borrow from another game system, I think a Bokor Chef whose totem is a slow, animated Cooking pot would be interesting.  Could also have a Large Wooden Spoon, but plays with Corpses by feeding them to the cooking pot for effects (like, Blasphemous Ritual to reflect it eating a corpse for focus).  The keyword Minions can be 'chefs assistants' who have skinning knives and maybe loot their corpse.   

Might be too close to Gluttony, maybe it is Gluttony, or maybe Gluttony just becomes the Henchman.  I dunno.

The bokor idea has a lot of potential, though I think lore wise this would be a gremlin that is parroting either Kirai or Yan Lo. Perhaps a gremlin crew that leans heavy into Incorporeal.

I have some other gremlin crew concepts I have been working on since 1st edition that I think could be very fun and different for the faction. I have been playing with the concept in Through the Breach and think the 'Master' character is pretty well defined and ready to go.

Well, Zoraida not being a Gremlin was the whole reason to rename Gremlins faction into Bayou)

Bokkors, Sami Lacroix and other Bayou magic is represented in Wizzbang.

If there's to be another Voodoo master, it'd be a Gatreaux family member. The clanhead has already been mentioned and showed in the chronicles. But since they are Kythera-worshippers, I suspect it'd rather be a Bayou-Ressurectionist dual master (yup, double-green :) )

Gluttony is indeed the faction's sin and even its symbol are pig and moonshine. There's a chef with a rosted pig model in Big Hat, whose name I don't remember at the moment.

I think there may be a future Bayou-Explorer master, although I doubt they will be a gremlin.  

• Like 2

All swampfiend could go under Infamous after Zoraida leaving. They has a silurid wprking as the first mate, there should be no difficulty to recruit his friends. All bayou swampfiend models fit well into Infamous keyword with their high mobility.

Then Mancha and his wrastler then could leave Infamous (I still think they do not fit the keyword in theme). They could go back to Wizz-Bang or join the Big-Hat family, if their masks were counted as hat.

As for the new master, I would like to see Big Brain Brin being promoted. Test Subject and maybe Survivor could go after him (and Mancha and wrastler might go to Tricksy for the vacancy). His studying was partly overlapped with Von Schtook, so might be Big Brain Brin was invited to the University and became the Bayou/Resser master with the Transmortis keyword, while Prof. Schtook stay behind the veil. All current abilities/actions on the prof. card are well fit to Brin in theme so just a few changes and it was good to go.

44 minutes ago, Rufess said:

All swampfiend could go under Infamous after Zoraida leaving. They has a silurid wprking as the first mate, there should be no difficulty to recruit his friends. All bayou swampfiend models fit well into Infamous keyword with their high mobility.

... I don't really see McTavish, the gators, or the Bokor fitting in Infamous.

A master who is an animal, with a totem that is its "owner" would be cool. Like a dog, rooster or gator. Then its totem could be the gremlin that technically keeps the beast as its pet, but in reality is basically just subservient to the beast.
Besides that, yeah a wrestling master would be cool. Or maybe an ancient gremlin from before humans came to malifaux. Everyone seems to be coming up with pretty good ideas too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

the gators

Now I want gators with jet packs.

For new masters I really want a Master version of the Taxidermists. Bring Little Gassers to Bayou and that's 3 undead minions already.

You could even do something like let him bring out of faction beasts, and then give them a "Stuffed and Mounted" upgrade that makes them undead. 

1 hour ago, Nukemouse said:

A master who is an animal, with a totem that is its "owner" would be cool. Like a dog, rooster or gator. Then its totem could be the gremlin that technically keeps the beast as its pet, but in reality is basically just subservient to the beast..

22 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

For new masters I really want a Master version of the Taxidermists. Bring Little Gassers to Bayou and that's 3 undead minions already.

You could even do something like let him bring out of faction beasts, and then give them a "Stuffed and Mounted" upgrade that makes them undead. 

Combine these two and I think we got it.  I'm thinking a giant Green Anaconda who's bite zombifies: kill a Size 3+ become a Flesh Construct, Size 2 becomes a Mindless Zombie, and Size 1 just get swallowed whole and heal the Anaconda.

The totem is a gremlin in khakis named Steve who is bait luring meals to the master.

<green anaconda size reference>

d55bd393c813a1aa1de1cd841226f3c6.jpg.0b1fa9d3ac99d96fc6c6698f72ac9403.jpg

• Like 1

The Kythera focused angle would be a cool theme. My personal opinion, the transition to Keywords in M3E has left a few Bayou Masters with poor cohesion in their visual themes. Thinking Mah Tucket and Zipp here. So my hope would be that if Wyrd does another GREMLIN master they have a clear visual theme that isn't so pastiche.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the tick said:

The Kythera focused angle would be a cool theme. My personal opinion, the transition to Keywords in M3E has left a few Bayou Masters with poor cohesion in their visual themes. Thinking Mah Tucket and Zipp here. So my hope would be that if Wyrd does another GREMLIN master they have a clear visual theme that isn't so pastiche.

Bettin' on Big Brain Brin becomin' a master. Test subjects are essentially his own personal army, right? So they seem to be moving the plot with him in mind.

45 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

We have a box of different Gremlins riding different creatures. I would like to see some crew related to that :P

What if those are the Gremlin equivalent of the riders (Pale, Dead, Hooded, Mechanical)?

Then we can have a Gremlin who is like Leveticus, the '5th rider', except they are misusing amalgam tech (since didn't the aboms come out of the crash site that Ophelia's family lured Perdita to?)

On 11/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, Ming said:

Well, Zoraida not being a Gremlin was the whole reason to rename Gremlins faction into Bayou) 

Well, that and all the wildlife, humans and importantly, Pigs, that were also part of the faction.  Zoraida might have been the figurehead, but the faction wasn't that green even without her. ;)

For the sake of argument though, a Gremlin Bokor would be the most obvious replacement, as would someone from one of the more 10T influenced families. 

Personally though, if Zoraida had to go then I'd love to see her replaced with a hyper-intelligent hypnotoad. Far more entertaining, and it fits with your "Keep the Bayou Green" mantra. :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This makes me think of a Conan Gremlin. Like a Gremlin who read a bunch of sword and sorcery pulps and goes around shirtless with a great sword.

Great Sword as in a Size 1 model dragging around a weapon twice their height and thrice their weight?

"Great Sword" as in its it's rather large for a gremlin?

Great sword as in "Damn, that's a really awesome sword you got there"?

"Great" Sword as in this sword is trash but no one has the heart to tell them?

All are valid Gremlin options.

7 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Great Sword as in a Size 1 model dragging around a weapon twice their height and thrice their weight?

"Great Sword" as in its it's rather large for a gremlin?

Great sword as in "Damn, that's a really awesome sword you got there"?

"Great" Sword as in this sword is trash but no one has the heart to tell them?

All are valid Gremlin options.

I feel like both options 1 and 4. Buster sword from Final Fantasy 7 sized sword that's just extremely dull and works as a bludgeoning weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1