How do you play Sonnia nowadays?

Franchute

10 minutes ago, Antipodean said:

They look very interesting. At 7 stones not sure I'd use more than 1. However being able to effectively hand out burning without an opposing duel is quite neat. Elemental backlash could really mess up some crews too.

Now what to proxy them with...

Ooooo, good point, I hadn't spotted that it is burning without any duels on their side (in a pulse no less!)

That's pretty sweet :)

46 minutes ago, LexLock said:

The Spelleater seems very good for stacking focus on Sonnia and I think that'll really help out her blasting, the only thing she's missing is some real card draw and then I think she'll be a real threat.

Wowza, that's neat! I assume you're using a low tomes to get Transmutation trigger? Potentially does 0 damage due to shielded as well!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wowza, that's neat! I assume you're using a low tomes to get Transmutation trigger? Potentially does 0 damage due to shielded as well!

You can cheat/flip the Tome on Sonnia's defence or the Spelleater's attack which makes not relenting a decent idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LexLock said:

The Spelleater seems very good for stacking focus on Sonnia and I think that'll really help out her blasting, the only thing she's missing is some real card draw and then I think she'll be a real threat.

How are you stacking the focus on her? By turning Shielded into Focus with transmutation? Or some other way I am missing?

5 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I'm sure there must be a combo to get her to 4 burning efficiently for those turns when you have two tomes (or flip two tomes) and can just give her 4 focus turn one.

Since Nexus was revealed after and her Transmutation has a Once Per Activation clause then I assume you will need 2 spelleaters to do it or an obey.

Lawyer + Spelleater can actually do it.

Start with totem. Give Sonnia Burning +2.
Activate Lawyer (pick up a tome if possible). Obey Spelleater to attack Sonnia. Sonnia is down to Shielded +1 and Focus +2. Give Sonina Shielded +2
Activate Spelleater. Hit Sonnia, shielded is reduced to +2. Change it to Focus +4.

Card intensive but pretty doable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Activate Flame near her, she gets Burning 1. Move through her with the Bonus for Burning +2. Then you have 2 actions for the flame.
Then you Transmutate the Burning into Focus. 

I see.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Lawyer + Spelleater can actually do it.

Start with totem. Give Sonnia Burning +2.
Activate Lawyer (pick up a tome if possible). Obey Spelleater to attack Sonnia. Sonnia is down to Shielded +1 and Focus +2. Give Sonina Shielded +2
Activate Spelleater. Hit Sonnia, shielded is reduced to +2. Change it to Focus +4.

Card intensive but pretty doable.

You don't need the lawyer right? You have 2 actions from flame, that can attack Sonnia taking burning up to +4, without any tomes to increase that? Sure it wear down the shielded, so she may take 1 damage to get 4 focus.... seems fine to me!

Oh I derped, you need 2 separate conditions at +2 because of the cap. Personally I think 2 focus a turn is fine 🤣🤣

I think you'd be best served taking the Guild Steward, a Spelleater and the Pale Rider for a pure blaster Sonnia build; sure, that's half your list but those models are pretty good on their own and Sonnia becomes decently scary with that much setup. 2-3 focused blasts on turn 1, yes please.

I'm glad Sonnia's getting some focus generation in keyword but they definitely should have baked some friendly mobility into her core keyword (or not given her Mv 4 lol), Witchling Stalkers and Thralls are both missing :ToS-Fast: actions and the Witchhunter keyword really wants some friendly movement (that works on Sonnia) or some enemy movement (Tuco's Disillusion action would have been great on something).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2020 at 10:28 PM, NoisyAssassin said:

It's vintage Pandora; seems pretty decent to me. Don't think there's much chance of the opponent getting confused and thinking that you're running Pandora in a Guild/ES crew, especially if you paint the skulls/magical effect as flames. 

I just painted one of these to use as my emissary with the LE Pandora crew.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:39 AM, LexLock said:

The Spelleater seems very good for stacking focus on Sonnia and I think that'll really help out her blasting.

WHAT A GOD! I've never though about it, really! Instant double focus for a lowly tome. With this tech I can actually try and drop Steward from her crew for something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Filox said:

WHAT A GOD! I've never though about it, really! Instant double focus for a lowly tome. With this tech I can actually try and drop Steward from her crew for something else.

I tried it and I'd never drop the steward. Dispel Magic + FMM + not needing suits + heal is a lot better than risking not having a low tome 😕 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1