Anna Lovelace in Revenant - explain it to me

Mikes

So I've been looking into Reva recently and one OOK pick I've seen come up a few times is Anna Lovelace. I'm no expert player by any means, but looking over her card I'm not seeing what she brings to Reva crews. Can any more intelligent players help me out? What am I missing?

I haven't tried it myself, but can see the appeal:

• Anna is a strong model to begin with (armor, high stats, decent attacks, etc).
  • She is an excellent tech pick because she has two strong auras (gravity well and hostile work environment), so a lot of matchups you want to grab her to shut stuff down.
  • She provides card draw, something Revenant is sorely lacking (and her card draw is tied to a bit of extra scheming).
  • She can blow up corpse candles. Not only is this efficient as you sometimes would rather have a pyre marker than a corpse candle, but it has the potential for some very solid damage.

So overall, she's a classic case of strong model that counters certain other crews, and then has good synergies with the crew (corpse markers and candles).

EDIT: That said, she is so SLOW! I struggle to see her keeping up with the crew, but probably is good when she doesn't need to run around the map like when fighting over the centre?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I haven't tried it myself, but can see the appeal:

• Anna is a strong model to begin with (armor, high stats, decent attacks, etc).
  • She is an excellent tech pick because she has two strong auras (gravity well and hostile work environment), so a lot of matchups you want to grab her to shut stuff down.
  • She provides card draw, something Revenant is sorely lacking (and her card draw is tied to a bit of extra scheming).
  • She can blow up corpse candles. Not only is this efficient as you sometimes would rather have a pyre marker than a corpse candle, but it has the potential for some very solid damage.

So overall, she's a classic case of strong model that counters certain other crews, and then has good synergies with the crew (corpse markers and candles).

@Mikes Everything that @Maniacal_cackle said + a Shooting action that ignores friendly fire and can create a Mindless Zombie. She also helps with scheme markers, since you can position a Corpse Candle and kill him to drop a Scheme marker.

18 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

EDIT: That said, she is so SLOW! I struggle to see her keeping up with the crew, but probably is good when she doesn't need to run around the map like when fighting over the centre?

What do you have those Shieldbearers for? :P Also, she's a great target for Ride with Me. And she costs you the same as your Yin + GST.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Anna is a really strong model, but shes really good with Reva.

She offers card draw and the ability to drop scheme markers on corpses, which there will be a lot of corpse markers. 

She can blow up undead models with her second zero action which has a chance to put some good damage out there, and put a little injured out. Corpse candles are undead. 

She just fits really nicely into the crew even at 11 stones. Better than Vincent in almost every situation.  

• Like 1