Bayou Smuggler

Edek

Did anyone have any success running Bayou Smugglers? They seem to be able to draw a lot of cards in a single activation and can mess around with the opponents Scheme Markers but I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run. What's your experience? I'm worried their card draw is too random.

They can mess with all Markers, not just Scheme Markers so consider them against Marker heavy crews. Though of course The Emissary is fierce competition. They can also naturally do stuff with Pianos and Pit Traps and such.

Their main problem is that they kinda want to activate both early (for Shielded) and late (for messing up opponent's Markers) in the turn so it's a trade off.

All in all they aren't bad as such after the errata but probably not essential, either.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Zifnab said:

Is she still a good add to a Ulix crew? Thinking of picking her up on Black Friday. 

I don't think so. Ulix really likes his keyword and he doesn't do anything special with Markers so I think that he is one of the Bayou Masters with the least to gain from Smugglers, unfortunately.

20 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Aren't scheme markers like Ulix's whole thing?

All his pigs drop them on death.

Well, yes, but moving them around isn't all that hot. Or, I mean, it could be, but the opportunity cost of hiring a Smuggler to do that is very high when you could instead hire another synergistic Fast Pig and just make more Scheme Markers.

IMO Smuggler's marker shenanigans are good when they are utilized with markers that you have in a more limited supply and that effect enemy movement so mostly stuff like Pianos or Traps. Maybe the new Tidepools?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:22 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

Well, yes, but moving them around isn't all that hot. Or, I mean, it could be, but the opportunity cost of hiring a Smuggler to do that is very high when you could instead hire another synergistic Fast Pig and just make more Scheme Markers.

IMO Smuggler's marker shenanigans are good when they are utilized with markers that you have in a more limited supply and that effect enemy movement so mostly stuff like Pianos or Traps. Maybe the new Tidepools?

I had heard on podcasts that she gives Ulix the card draw he needs as he's rather card hungry.

• 5 months later...

it's funny how this conversation has been going on slowly for like 2 years. I only wanted to add that i've enjoyed using the smuggler in tricksy for turbo charging my card draw, sometimes providing some enemy scheme markers for little lass to eat up and preventing sabotage in several games i've played!

when i have uncle bogg i will probably swap out the smuggler, or even try them together with Mah 1

• 1 month later...