Guild in Fauxvember

Yore Huckleberry

Quick look at our Guild stats from Fauxvember Round One:

My notes are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18zIZCXiSaXK6QE1fyady3htLn4P3aAevI7Xel3nCzuI/edit?usp=sharing

Corner Symbols of Authority on Grasslands (long open lanes, large severe/concealing area in the middle)

Vendetta, Let Them Bleed, Catch and Release, Leave Your Mark, Breakthrough

We had Dashel run three times:
1-7 loss to Dreamer (taking LYM and C&R against Dreamer's Vendetta and LTB)
2-6 loss to Misaki (Vendetta and C&R vs Misaki's LYM and LTB)
3-5 loss to Misaki (LYM and Vendetta vs Misaki's Vendetta and Breakthrough)

We had Hoffman run once:
4-2 win vs Bayou Zipp (Vendetta and C&R to Zipp's Vendetta and LYM -- newer Zipp player, though, and game only went 3 rounds)

We had Lady J run once:
4-4 draw vs Yan-Lo (Vendetta and LTB vs C&R and LTB)

We scored 3 of 8 Vendetta points we sought
We scored 1 of 2 LTB points
We scored 1 of 4 LYM points
We scored 3 of 6 C&R points
We didn't seek any Breakthrough points
We scored 7 of the total 20 strat points available (though some games didn't go 5 rounds; both the Dreamer game and the Hoffman game would have likely increased that)

This is all pretty small sample size, but I thought I'd post the numbers.

• Like 1

I guess I can add that I screwed up one of the Vendetta points in Hoffman. Lone Marshal shot First Mate and had a crit strike trigger. He had two health left so I intentionally didn't declare it, but First Mate stoned and hit moderate, so I missed the reveal point. Later that round we hit the timer (I wasn't tracking it well enough). If I had declared the trigger I would have had one of the points regardless, and removed his option to snag a strat marker the following turn if I DID kill the model, so that was a misplay and we could have had 4 of 8 Vendetta points.

• Like 1

So, round 2 Guild results are in. We did much better in round two: Flank Deployment Corrupted Ley Lines on the Supply Drop map.

Guild took 4 wins this round (Lady J x 2, Dashel, Hoffman) and one draw (Dashel), scoring:
Strat Points (4, 4, 4, 3, 2)
Assassinate 6/6, taken 3 times
Sabotage 0/0, not taken
Vendetta 2/6 (both on endgame)
Spread Them Out 1/2
Take Prisoner 3/6

So when we see an assassinate opportunity, we're converting on it (they assassinated Hamelin, Ophelia, and Molly; it wasn't taken against Reva or Zipp), and we're not having trouble REMOVING our Vendetta targets ... though perhaps we're having trouble getting the damage in, or getting both points dropped in Vassal timing (my issue). The one time that Spread Them Out was taken it was by Dashel, where summoning AP no doubt helps. Take Prisoner looks a bit situational, perhaps particularly on this strat that requires people to move all over the board and sometimes stop in odd places to heft a lodestone. We didn't have trouble scoring the strat, presumably with horse (and hunter/watcher) help.

The rider with LLC is a great model for this strat.

I missed the take prisonner on Gracie. She died to burning the turn I could score 😕

My opponent tried to get 2 points of assassinate and did not focus LJ when she was at 6 wounds on turn 2. He could probably have killed her. I would have been in trouble ^^