Anatoli's Malifaux thread

Anatoli

The Lady Justice faction box is now painted up with the addition of these 3 Death Marshals. Next up are 3 Witchling Stalkers, which will be followed by some Resurrectionists led by Seamus. More pictures as well as a group picture of the whole Lady Justice box assembled and painted can be seen over at my blog: https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/malifaux-guild-death-marshals

20201105_101237.jpg

• Like 8

Last 3 models to be painted up for our Guild warband for now are the Witchling Stalkers. I could initially not decide on how to paint them. There are only few good pictures online with interesting enough paintjobs but none of them really suited my vision.

After a while I realized that these guys basically look like Star Wars Jawas, so that was the main source of color inspiration.

Next bunch of Malifaux miniatures will be a bunch of undead from the Resurrectionist faction. Really looking forward to trying out a few ideas with the airbrush on then when painting the zombie skin.

More pictures of the Witchling Stalkers can be seen over at my blog: https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/malifaux-guilt-witchling-stalkers  

20201106_114800.jpg

• Like 7

Not much in the way of miniature painting being done the last couple of days. I felt I had to rest a little before plunging into the Resurrectionist faction. However it has been something of an arts and crafts department going on instead with a lot of work being put into creating the various tokens / markers etc for the game.

https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/malifaux-home-made-tokens-and-cards

@luscious, thanks for the heads up man! I see now that the submit button is in white text and hitten in the comment window! Will fix that ASAP!

20201111_065323.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 4:10 PM, Anatoli said:
Not much in the way of miniature painting being done the last couple of days. I felt I had to rest a little before plunging into the Resurrectionist faction. However it has been something of an arts and crafts department going on instead with a lot of work being put into creating the various tokens / markers etc for the game.

https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/malifaux-home-made-tokens-and-cards

@luscious, thanks for the heads up man! I see now that the submit button is in white text and hitten in the comment window! Will fix that ASAP!

20201111_065323.jpg

You Seamus should be great, looking forward to se your paintjob!

• 2 weeks later...

Working on some new stuff for Malifaux. Don't really like the cartoony chins on these Rotten Belles and Seamus. If I had more sensory presence I would have trimmed them down to normal proportions prior to undercoating. Anyway, hope they will look good enough with some paint on. The sculpts are a bit tricky to paint as they have very slim limbs and feel a bit dull. I approach these as I do with low detail miniatures - many layers of paint, patience and picking out details with highlight-wash-repeated highlight to enhance them.

I also did a weapon swap/conversion of one of my Outcast Freikorpsmen since in M3E you can only have 3 of them in a crew and I had 4 models from 1st edition. Oddly enough you can have up to 4 scouts which I find to be superb in comparison, so this was the easiest solution.

I also checked the height of the Kazrak Miniatures
Kickstarter "Chtulhu investigators" models I have received as a preview sample and am very happy that they are in the same style and height as the new Malifaux plastics. I plan to use them for Malifaux as a first option. Just need to find some suitable character from the Guild/Outcasts to represent them.

20201127_170919.thumb.jpg.6e4c07d0aae1a167e4baee951cd6af86.jpg

20201127_171104.thumb.jpg.4276235cb38a23c156f80b532d746910.jpg

20201127_171029.thumb.jpg.5f01bd21cc0a3a68e51b746204f7dbbd.jpg

• Like 8

I probably could have, but I did not notice exactly how cartoony they looked until I started painting really.... A bit late now as the skin is basically finished on the remaining  two Belels and one is fully painted up. Will see if I can finish these during the weekend, lots of family stuff going on at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

A return to Malifaux painting after several weeks of side projects. Malifaux will be the primary focus of my painting untill the rest of the Resurrectionists that I have in my collection are painted up (roughly 12 models). Last night I finished the Rotten Belles which are part of the master Seamus and his Redchapel crew.

More pictures over at my blog, also, a video of the miniatures on a rotating display stand can be seen over at my facebook group.

https://www.anatolisgameroom.com/blog/malifaux-rotten-belles

20201210_120231.jpg

• Like 7