Russian tournament list

4thstringer

3 hours ago, Corwin Black said:

Hey. Clarify your questions.

Which model do you have questions about?

Or don't you understand the game plan?

Tell about the order of activations?

I think the most valuable insight would be into the schemes, strategies, and matchups the list had to play into and how it overcame them. A list in a vacuum really doesn't say that much, so the deeper look into how you piloted the models and their synergies to victory would be greatly beneficial.

Hey. Clarify your questions.

Which model do you have questions about?

Or don't you understand the game plan?

Tell about the order of activations?

I honestly don't know where to start.  I don't really see synergy here, I am really confused by the presence of Nurse HB.   Honestly I am sure I am missing something, but what are the roles here, and what was the gameplan?

My gang assumes a game around breaking the opponent's game plan. Basse and Perdita are killers, but they also play important tactical roles. For example, on the first turn we want to put 2-3 scheme markers near Basse, so that he would use "Claim the Bounty" and get 2-3 cards from the discard. If we get in our hand on the first turn 4 or more cards with a value below 7 on the first turn, we can use "Hero's Gamble" and draw a new hand. And only then get cards for "Claim the Bounty". Perdita is also good at not only killing, but also not letting the enemy do Sabotage, Leave Your Mark, Spread Them Out, Breakthrough due to "Target practice". In general, you also need to understand that we want to spend soulstones only to reduce damage against our masters.

I also want to remind you that Steward wants to use "Dispel magic" in "Rough rider" and say trigger "Galvanazi" to Perdita. We do this if masks with a value of 6 or higher came to the starting hand. We also postpone the activation of the Steward until we get the cards from "Claim the Bounty" and "Hero's Gamble". He also uses FMM on Perdita.

Nurse. A very useful model. Due to the fact that Basse and his friends start slightly ahead, Nurse effectively implements "Creep Along". Then she puts a scheme marker for Basse and concentrates. In the late game, her role is reduced to either (1) as cannon fodder for the enemy, or (2) stay on the sidelines until our masters come into close combat with the enemy. In the first option, we offer the enemy to kill the model with "Serene Countenance" (and I will remind you that not all opponents will notice this property = waste the action). Secondly, we want to use "Straitjacked" on the enemy tied in close combat with our master and we want to successfully hit the masks. Here is such a synergy. Well, her damage in close combat is good, and her attack skill is nice. And for just seven stones.

"Rough rider" is here as a cheap vehicle for Perdita, so that she with 1-2 focuses starts activating 12" from the activating enemy model." Rough rider shoots with a plus card to hit, which allows him to successfully hit even models in the forest. I also want to note that ranged damage in this gang does almost everything: "Austrinder" attacks with a hawk at 14 "and can shoot 12" with a pistol, "Rough rider" shoots at 14 ", Perdita at 12", Bass at 8" with blast. At the same time, our masters are difficult to penetrate, and they can shoot in close combat, so we try to expose them to the enemy's attack.

And I'll tell you a little about Bernadita. At the start of the game, she places a marker near Basse and uses concentration. Then she either disrupts the coordination of the enemy's models (Bring it), or goes to carry out a tactful task: she runs with "Lodestone", runs to the farthest symbol of the author, tries to put a marker somewhere in the scheme.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Corwin Black said:

My gang assumes a game around breaking the opponent's game plan. Basse and Perdita are killers, but they also play important tactical roles. For example, on the first turn we want to put 2-3 scheme markers near Basse, so that he would use "Claim the Bounty" and get 2-3 cards from the discard. If we get in our hand on the first turn 4 or more cards with a value below 7 on the first turn, we can use "Hero's Gamble" and draw a new hand. And only then get cards for "Claim the Bounty". Perdita is also good at not only killing, but also not letting the enemy do Sabotage, Leave Your Mark, Spread Them Out, Breakthrough due to "Target practice". In general, you also need to understand that we want to spend soulstones only to reduce damage against our masters.

I also want to remind you that Steward wants to use "Dispel magic" in "Rough rider" and say trigger "Galvanazi" to Perdita. We do this if masks with a value of 6 or higher came to the starting hand. We also postpone the activation of the Steward until we get the cards from "Claim the Bounty" and "Hero's Gamble". He also uses FMM on Perdita.

Nurse. A very useful model. Due to the fact that Basse and his friends start slightly ahead, Nurse effectively implements "Creep Along". Then she puts a scheme marker for Basse and concentrates. In the late game, her role is reduced to either (1) as cannon fodder for the enemy, or (2) stay on the sidelines until our masters come into close combat with the enemy. In the first option, we offer the enemy to kill the model with "Serene Countenance" (and I will remind you that not all opponents will notice this property = waste the action). Secondly, we want to use "Straitjacked" on the enemy tied in close combat with our master and we want to successfully hit the masks. Here is such a synergy. Well, her damage in close combat is good, and her attack skill is nice. And for just seven stones.

"Rough rider" is here as a cheap vehicle for Perdita, so that she with 1-2 focuses starts activating 12" from the activating enemy model." Rough rider shoots with a plus card to hit, which allows him to successfully hit even models in the forest. I also want to note that ranged damage in this gang does almost everything: "Austrinder" attacks with a hawk at 14 "and can shoot 12" with a pistol, "Rough rider" shoots at 14 ", Perdita at 12", Bass at 8" with blast. At the same time, our masters are difficult to penetrate, and they can shoot in close combat, so we try to expose them to the enemy's attack.

And I'll tell you a little about Bernadita. At the start of the game, she places a marker near Basse and uses concentration. Then she either disrupts the coordination of the enemy's models (Bring it), or goes to carry out a tactful task: she runs with "Lodestone", runs to the farthest symbol of the author, tries to put a marker somewhere in the scheme.

so many actions to draw cards, guild have some easy ways, only 3ss, few models for scheming; totem, nurse, rider are weak models rhat can be kiled very fast and while rider can make some good actions like ride with me-nurse is useless with no synergy with band; and perdita is not such a bad shooter, but better to take lone or pale rider, maybe both if u like to shoot; phiona or jonatan will make bring it with normal stat and wouldnt die so fast; so this crew fo what strategy? leylines-no, u dont have tanky model to take lodestone and run fast; public enemies-no, only perdita and basse as dd; symbols-no, few mobile models; intel tokens-no , u need to put your tokens on a weak models that would die fast and even if u kill someone with shot-how u are going to take that token?

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Plaag said:

so many actions to draw cards, guild have some easy ways, only 3ss, few models for scheming; totem, nurse, rider are weak models rhat can be kiled very fast and while rider can make some good actions like ride with me-nurse is useless with no synergy with band; and perdita is not such a bad shooter, but better to take lone or pale rider, maybe both if u like to shoot; phiona or jonatan will make bring it with normal stat and wouldnt die so fast; so this crew fo what strategy? leylines-no, u dont have tanky model to take lodestone and run fast; public enemies-no, only perdita and basse as dd; symbols-no, few mobile models; intel tokens-no , u need to put your tokens on a weak models that would die fast and even if u kill someone with shot-how u are going to take that token?

I think it's a mistake to answer you, because you and I have different gaming experiences in different communities. For example, I came to Malifaux in the fall of 2016. Came from the game of warhammer, which he has played since 2010. For a long time I was a tournament player who achieved very mediocre results, because did not read the rules of the opponent's models. I also want to note that since 2016 I managed to collect the entire Guild, but I played the entire second edition only with it. So I usually play with anything other than the Guild right now. I came to this tournament to have fun and deliberately slightly weakened my band by forbidding myself to take the Pale Rider. And I really enjoyed playing the tournament. And I wish you to experiment more often and, perhaps, new models will surprise you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I think it's a mistake to answer you, because you and I have different gaming experiences in different communities. For example, I came to Malifaux in the fall of 2016. Came from the game of warhammer, which he has played since 2010. For a long time I was a tournament player who achieved very mediocre results, because did not read the rules of the opponent's models. I also want to note that since 2016 I managed to collect the entire Guild, but I played the entire second edition only with it. So I usually play with anything other than the Guild right now. I came to this tournament to have fun and deliberately slightly weakened my band by forbidding myself to take the Pale Rider. And I really enjoyed playing the tournament. And I wish you to experiment more often and, perhaps, new models will surprise you.

u can play for fun whatever u want, but u need to understand that for competitive game u need to take only good models and your crew is weak without any strategic plan starting with crewbuild; so get fun

• Haha 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 4

12 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Then its the people that are the determining factor, not the crew.

I think that the Malifaux community has a tendency to read waaaaaayyy too far into singular results and small data sets. In the end, it is both and more. The meta also plays a role along with tournament size. There is chance involved as well. Will you have an easier time winning with a stronger crew? Yes. Can you only win with a hyper-competitive crew? No. Does winning with a crew make that the best crew in the faction? No. I personally don't see the list here as competitive, but I'm not well versed in its use and play in a different meta. If the list works for a player then I'm happy for them. However, I don't see this list as the "cure" to Guild's current woes. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

I think that the Malifaux community has a tendency to read waaaaaayyy too far into singular results and small data sets. In the end, it is both and more. The meta also plays a role along with tournament size. There is chance involved as well. Will you have an easier time winning with a stronger crew? Yes. Can you only win with a hyper-competitive crew? No. Does winning with a crew make that the best crew in the faction? No. I personally don't see the list here as competitive, but I'm not well versed in its use and play in a different meta. If the list works for a player then I'm happy for them. However, I don't see this list as the "cure" to Guild's current woes. 

Oh, I completely agree.  I was just posting in response to the continued habit of declarative statements with no reasoning behind them!