Extended Reach

KOX

Question

Hi, i got problem with EXTENDED REACH rule:

Extended Reach: Enemy models within :ToS-Aura:2 cannot take Attack Actions generated by the Charge Action.

How it's work?

When that :ToS-Aura:2 reach count ? Before charge push ? or after charge push ?

For example i got model 5'' away from enemy model with that rule. Can I charge to him but i cant take attack action ? Im confused with that 2''. Why they put in on that rule? Models with Extended Reach rule have weapons 2". So witchin 2" i cant charge anyway becouse im engaged.

Why it not say: Enemy models cannot take Attack Actions generated by the Charge Action. ??

Sry for my english i hope my problem is understable.

6 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, KOX said:

For example i got model 5'' away from enemy model with that rule. Can I charge to him but i cant take attack action ?

That's right. You can resolve the move part of Charge action, but if your model ends move within (2) from a model with Extended Reach - it can't attack.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Because it only prevents it in an area around them and not the entire map.

To add on, it doesn't matter who the Charging model is going to attack.

I think the OP might have been thinking that it only applies if you Charge the model with Extended Reach.

Nope. If you end your Charge within 2" of a model with Extended Reach, regardless of who you want to hit, no Attack Action for you. 

If it was intended to be just the target, it'd be simpler to just give it Disguised instead (even if there are minor changes).

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, KOX said:

Ok thx for that information. 

But i got one more problem. 

I got model with 2"reach and want to charge model with extended reach. Can i move exactly to be 2" away and make and attack ?

If your model is exactly 2" away, it is still within 2" aura and can't take attack actions from charge.