RCT 13: Resser errata.

Maniacal_cackle

I think Bully and Tools for the Job are thematically appropriate for Sybelle.

I think Bully would be better for Sybelle herself but Tools for the Job letting you pull up the Red Joker seems strong too in a crew with .50 Flintlock. Also critical position denials in Strategies where that matters. 

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Still stupid you dont have to bury to use corpse charges,

Woah, never heard this before... When did this happen?? I definitely don't think that's RAI and I'd almost argue against RAW due to the wording of then. If it is kosher, then she just became sooo much (more) awesome in my Reva crews!

Anyway, an idea I had for Transmortis that is unlikely to happen as you'd have to do every card is turn Studied opponent into a look at your top card on your deck and if it is a non-joker, you may discard it. Otherwise put it back. This on top of some Wd reductions for the Iron Zombies. Wds=cost+Armour+HtK is a bit much.

6 hours ago, Da Git said:

Woah, never heard this before... When did this happen?? I definitely don't think that's RAI and I'd almost argue against RAW due to the wording of then. If it is kosher, then she just became sooo much (more) awesome in my Reva crews!

Anyway, an idea I had for Transmortis that is unlikely to happen as you'd have to do every card is turn Studied opponent into a look at your top card on your deck and if it is a non-joker, you may discard it. Otherwise put it back. This on top of some Wd reductions for the Iron Zombies. Wds=cost+Armour+HtK is a bit much.

Haha, I thought the same thing about 'then', and brought it up in the rules forums. I think it messes with other abilities if that is what Then means, though?

The VWS has ruled you can do it, but I wonder if there'll be an FAQ on it.

6 hours ago, touchdown said:

I think it would be better if Necropunks had the Onward! bonus that Vernon and Wells has instead of leap (with the rocket man trigger). Maybe also lose a wound. I only use them in amalgam but frankly they seem too good every time.

Oh man, this would have been great for Archie instead of removing the suit xD

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just played Bete Noire into Molly and she does so much work.

Still stupid you dont have to bury to use corpse charges, and also that she can only charge once per activation. That'd be reasonable to change both those things xD

Hold on, so are we talking about Rise Again?  So, she can be on the table, target and remove a corpse marker anywhere on the table to trigger a free action charge? 

13 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Hold on, so are we talking about Rise Again?  So, she can be on the table, target and remove a corpse marker anywhere on the table to trigger a free action charge? 

Yup, that is how it is written, even if it wasn't intended!

Though there is probably a bit of debate to be had around 'then', but yeah who knows.

That said I don't play it that way in casual play because it seems a bit... Wonky xD

I would use it casual games, I would just warn the other player when the game starts "hey this is written so it sounds one way but it actually works this way". Unless you mean not taking the model at all. I don't think it's helpful to not use abilities on your models. At best it's a little patronizing toward your opponent and at worse it could teach them the wrong rules.

• Agree 1

Personally I agree. When the general understanding of the rule was as traditionally interpreted, she was pretty lackluster and was rarely taken. With the current interpretation, I think she’ll see more time on the table without being broken, or 100% include. Especially since she’s going to start fighting with Seamus for corpse markers, and that might cause different crew builds if you want to bring her. 

I’d say the above post is the current correct stance. If that is how the rule is written, then use it that way, but warn your opponent about how the rule is written in advance, just to prevent the possibility of a gotcha win, which no one really likes.

Regardless, I think the developers should call this out either way in the next FAQ.

• Agree 2

Would love to see the grave golem gain a bonus action to make corpse markers. something where it takes damage instead of a TN:

This model can super up to 4 irreducible damage. Create a corpse marker in range for each damage suffered this way.

Making it a cost ensures the golem can't self-bury with it, but makes it easier to shenanigan to bury it.

Sure, but generating corpses has to be done carefully because it's a resource a lot of Ressers use. Like some others I think in many cases it's the easy access to resources (Cards, Corpses, Schemes, whatever) that breaks some of the other models that are often deemed too strong, rather than the action itself that gets complained about. From my own perspective playing Seamus, the fight for TNs makes things interesting, and I think mainly keeps his better lists in check. Fighting for the TN for his movement, a hit, a cheated dmg card, the coffins, and then any other TNs the crew has I think is a good thing overall. Trying to decide between a Dandy to generate corpses, which is cheaper but has a higher TN and is more action intensive vs a Gravedigger vs (sort of) a Mourner for a one time corpse, I think makes list building more interesting. 

I think you have tread a little lightly as far as the Grave Golem is concerned. He's so survivable that you can't give him too much or he'd be seen more than the Rider, but I often felt a little underwhelmed when I was using him. I think rather than letting him generate corpses as a bonus action, maybe a suited trigger to give the opponent a bonus flip to the dmg, but it generates a corpse? The enemy hits him just a little too hard and it dislodges a corpse. I just personally wished he had a tiny bit more useful bonus action. That's generally my complaint on a lot of the models that don't get used. 3E really pushed the importance of the bonus action, and a higher cost model not having one, or it being only situationally useful, or not really useful at all really feels bad. Then you look at a model like the M-Rex and shake your head.

Also, just tossing it out there as an additional thought on Redchapel fixes, something I suggested late in the open process was creating sort of a dual set of keyword traits instead of giving most of the models exactly the same thing. What I mean by that, instead of giving every revenant The Final Veil, for example, is that the minions could mostly be given one set of defining traits, and the enforces and up could be given another. They've already kinda done this with Redchapel anyway, since Dandies don't have Scarlet Seduction, and the higher costed models don't have disguised.

Late in the process I always imagined Redchapel as being the crew that lead you into ambushes and set up scenarios to capitalize on your bad positioning, which is how they were pitched when they still had lying in wait as a keyword ability, so I always imagined Redchapel wanting you to get engaged and close to their minions, because once you got close to the minions, they themselves might not do to much to you, but being next to the minions powered up the Enforcers, Henchmen, and Masters. So, you could remove Scarlet Seduction from Sybelle and Bete, thus mooting the desire to fix the gap between Sybelle's melee range and the limit of that aura, and just give them both Redchapel Killer instead. I don't think alone fixes Sybelle, since I'd probably only pay 7 stones for her effectiveness on the table as she is currently constituted (with a corresponding drop in wounds to 9 of course), but it would also be an indirect buff to the minions since if you are hiring Bete and or Sybelle, you actually might want a few extra Red Chapel minions along to buff your higher costed models. Again, just tossing the idea out there for discussion starters.

• Like 1

Sybelle is definitely better. I'll be fersnookered they actually worked on fixing her. Still not sure she's worth 9 since so much of her value I think is in the distracted change. Need to see how well it works in practice, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Distracted canceling Focus, and her giving it out relatively easily means she really has the potential to be a melee tarpit. Dunno how good that is yet, but it's definitely something.

5 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Sybelle is definitely better. I'll be fersnookered they actually worked on fixing her. Still not sure she's worth 9 since so much of her value I think is in the distracted change. Need to see how well it works in practice, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Distracted canceling Focus, and her giving it out relatively easily means she really has the potential to be a melee tarpit. Dunno how good that is yet, but it's definitely something.

Also focus has a limit of +2, but distracted doesn't. So the crew can now target a model with maxed focus and put them on distracted 4 in 1-2 activations. That model is effectively out of the game for a while in terms of combat.

It needs testing, but I think Redchapel just got a LOT stronger. That change to make distracted cancel focus is huge.