The Salt Mine Episode 3: We ain't afraid of no Tormented

4thstringer

Join us Friday at 6:30 EST for Episode 3 of the Salt Mine. Perdita and the family crew have been patrolling a graveyard area when, horror of horrors, Jack Daw and the Tormented show up to ruin their nice stroll.  Does Perdita have enough bullets in her six shooter for all those incorporal models?  Is this finally the game that I use analyze weakness on something not named "Rail Golem"? Come join the conversation tomorrow night and find out!

I'm still looking for people's salt recordings for the Salt of the Week segment, so send your recordings of your saltiest moments at the table to saltoftheweek@gmail.com

https://www.twitch.tv/nhoyle1

I don't have a recording but my saltiest moment was when playing against Tormented with either Witch Hunter or Augmented (can't remember which, but they are the only crews I've managed to play with so far) and things weren't going well so I charged a wounded Hanged that I would have killed (even taking Incorporeal into account) if I hit it in order to relieve pressure on that section of the board and flipped a RJ and a 13.  Goddamned Forever Doomed meant that I had to treat the RJ as a BJ and then couldn't choose the 13 instead for the attack so the attack failed.  I was unreasonably salty at that moment in time, for which I profusely apologise to my opponent!

44 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

I don't have a recording but my saltiest moment was when playing against Tormented with either Witch Hunter or Augmented (can't remember which, but they are the only crews I've managed to play with so far) and things weren't going well so I charged a wounded Hanged that I would have killed (even taking Incorporeal into account) if I hit it in order to relieve pressure on that section of the board and flipped a RJ and a 13.  Goddamned Forever Doomed meant that I had to treat the RJ as a BJ and then couldn't choose the 13 instead for the attack so the attack failed.  I was unreasonably salty at that moment in time, for which I profusely apologise to my opponent!

If I don't have a recording this week do you mind if I read this on air?

My 3 saltiest moments:

1. Flipping the Black Joker 2 times in a row for Wong's bonus action + flipping less than a 6 and not being able to cheat it the third time.
  2. Failing all the attacks in a turn with my December crew (and it was before losing a single model, so a bunch of attacks), except with the totem, for a total of 1 damage. The strategy was "Recover Evidence"...
  3. During the Vassal World Cup, my last meaningful activation of the game, I needed to make 1 damage to The First Mate in order to score the second point of Let Them Bleed and tie the game. I attacked him twice with my Mechanized Porkchop. Cheated the attack in order to hit, but flipped the Red Jocker and Black Joker for damage, so 0 damage. Then I attacked the second time, hit him again, flipped moderate for damage. He prevented using his last stone, flipping the Red Joker, making it a total of 0 damage and no points for me 😢 The worst part is that I had a 11 in hand, which would have made it 5 damage and scored me the point, I just didn't think it would haven been necessary after flipping moderate -.-U
Edited by ShinChan
I just checked the video and corrected the 3rd scenario, it was worse that what I remembered lmao
  • Like 1