Jump to content

Nexus (Cadmus Keyword) Discussion


HomelessOne

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

So the creeper is super cool, I love the model. But I feel like I never hear about it being used or really being discussed much. I find myself struggling to find a place for it in my cadmus lists and it seems at least on the surface that's a common thing. Is my perspective skewed or is it really just under used in this current environment? Considering the keyword has less average unique models than most keywords I'd really love to see more of it. 

Thing looks like it should be the keywords beater but doesent hit particularly hard? Is super squishy. It kinda supports Dr Stanley's poison stuff and can make webs but otherwise doesent do much more for the keyword that I can tell? Since it seems to want to be mobile and scheme it loses out on WAL most of the time. Can't hand out parasites... Is there something I'm missing? Maybe thinking about it in the wrong way? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Korrok said:

So the creeper is super cool, I love the model. But I feel like I never hear about it being used or really being discussed much. I find myself struggling to find a place for it in my cadmus lists and it seems at least on the surface that's a common thing. Is my perspective skewed or is it really just under used in this current environment? Considering the keyword has less average unique models than most keywords I'd really love to see more of it. 

Thing looks like it should be the keywords beater but doesent hit particularly hard? Is super squishy. It kinda supports Dr Stanley's poison stuff and can make webs but otherwise doesent do much more for the keyword that I can tell? Since it seems to want to be mobile and scheme it loses out on WAL most of the time. Can't hand out parasites... Is there something I'm missing? Maybe thinking about it in the wrong way? 

I think it is fine, but possibly outclassed by better options.

The main reason to take a keyword model is for synergy. Most of Cadmus synergy is locked up into bubble effects (We are Legion is only a 4" range). Creeper will often extend past those bubbles.

So you might as well grab damned or Vernon and Welles, etc.

That said, I've seen people use it to decent effect. So don't think it is terrible. Plus you can still Will of Cadmus it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think it is fine, but possibly outclassed by better options.

The main reason to take a keyword model is for synergy. Most of Cadmus synergy is locked up into bubble effects (We are Legion is only a 4" range). Creeper will often extend past those bubbles.

So you might as well grab damned or Vernon and Welles, etc.

That said, I've seen people use it to decent effect. So don't think it is terrible. Plus you can still Will of Cadmus it.

That still seems to then play into my thoughts that it's place in keyword is tentitive at best because he seems to not provide much synergy. I guess in my mind that's something that should be addressed somehow. Can hurt crew variety and I feel every under used model deserves some shine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Korrok said:

That still seems to then play into my thoughts that it's place in keyword is tentitive at best because he seems to not provide much synergy. I guess in my mind that's something that should be addressed somehow. Can hurt crew variety and I feel every under used model deserves some shine. 

Well, it can provide an extra method of extending Nexus' sight... Currently eyes and ears are SO good at doing that already, but if they get nerfed suddenly Creeper may be good enough to merit use :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the creeper. I find its the best cadmus piece for moving and scheming, and whilst I might not make use of that if everyone is in a huddle, if you want to do anything out side that bubble ( or at least make your opponent think you might) it is a good choice. 

It may be a playstyle and I'm not a great cadmus player but I will hire it if I want mobility, although I might not declare nexus at all if it's a too mobile pool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 3:39 AM, Korrok said:

I don't think you bring them for damage. They become super hard to hit super mobile scheme runners 

I find that if you have already scored all points on your relevant Strat or Scheme or if you bring two they act as really excellent threats/annoyances to many other scheme runners. Really anyone who would be forced to disengage, and once they are all growed up they are consistent at applying Stagger and can in a pinch threaten to remove markers for marker focused schemes like research mission.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 3:43 PM, HawkHaines said:

I find that if you have already scored all points on your relevant Strat or Scheme or if you bring two they act as really excellent threats/annoyances to many other scheme runners. Really anyone who would be forced to disengage, and once they are all growed up they are consistent at applying Stagger and can in a pinch threaten to remove markers for marker focused schemes like research mission.

Totally agree with this. I play 2-3 Botanists every time I pick Nexus2, and when they're not scoring me pretty much every VP I get, they do a great job at denying the enemy from scoring theirs, tying things in melee, getting in the way of Charge lanes, Staggering, Injuring and/or pushing enemies around with their attacks, and like you say, their trigger to Remove Markers at range can be an extremely powerful part of their kit which I'm starting to appreciate more and more as I get them on the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

How does Nexus 1 play post errata? Is it still an ok master, or is it a lot of tinkering without much pay out? If there is some light for ol'Nexus, are there any pools where its a better choice than Nexus2? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patzer said:

How does Nexus 1 play post errata? Is it still an ok master, or is it a lot of tinkering without much pay out? If there is some light for ol'Nexus, are there any pools where its a better choice than Nexus2? 

Most people are really down on Nexus 1 but I see her do well.

One issue is that Nexus 2 is sooooo strong, it is probably a good thing that Nexus 1 isn't as strong as 2 xD

I saw someone go Nexus 1 against Molly instead of Nexus 2 to avoid Lethes Caress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pallas4 said:

a parasited model is still friendly model. so, near a "siphon power" model...

 

 

But you can't siphon directly from the parasites model as that model is the one who "may suffer damage" and of course if its an enemy model it will not do so.

The only thing you can do is that you pass that damage with Will Of Cadmus but as it is irreducible it will not lower the damage you suffer on your model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

hum maybe yes. Damn.

 

But, question from french discord, it means an an opponent can use it to be score Hidden Martyrs? He choses each time to suffer damage?

No, as the Cadmus player "may treat models with Parasite Tokens as friendly". So as it is a "may" the Cadmus player will just say "No, I won't.... "

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

hum maybe yes. Damn.

 

But, question from french discord, it means an an opponent can use it to be score Hidden Martyrs? He choses each time to suffer damage?

Are you asking if Nexus's opponent can force the Nexus player to choose one of their parasited models for the Nexus player to use siphon power on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Are you asking if Nexus's opponent can force the Nexus player to choose one of their parasited models for the Nexus player to use siphon power on?

yes.

In general or in the specific case when the parasited model is the target of an action with the restriction "friendly cadmus" model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information