Nexus (Cadmus Keyword) Discussion

HomelessOne

8 minutes ago, Adran said:

You can, but if they have a parasite token you can count them as the friendly model and so end a condition on them.

I assume that the primary use of Rancid Transplant in this crew will be to GIVE parasite tokens (rather than abuse models that already have them), but that's a neat interaction.

Dr. McMourning uses Rancid Transplant to stack poison, On Your Heels, smash, and then blood poisoning to take off the poison.

I assume Meredith with:

• Stack EDIT: one poison on a friendly model
  • Rancid transplant the poison onto someone with the parasite token trigger.
  • Since the parasite token is not worded as a cost, they have three poison when the trigger resolves, and they get a parasite token.

That said, I'm not sure how efficiently the crew can stack poison on friendlies or enemies? Certainly Explorer's Society seems to have some of the best payoffs in the game for poison, so I imagine that'll be a theme that crops up?

5 hours ago, Whut said:

Yea so if, lets say a nest hits an enemy (within 1 inch) and gives it a parasite token, Nexus 12" away can attack it from the Nest, then attack it from itself for 1/3/4 + discard or 2 irreducible + Trigger at Stat 7 each. That's a bit gross.

Is it? Shielded will still work ( on the damage track) and armour works on anything above weak. And you can discard a card to stop the irreducible damage. I think it looks worse than it is, it's quite hard to force parasite tokens

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Is it? Shielded will still work ( on the damage track) and armour works on anything above weak. And you can discard a card to stop the irreducible damage. I think it looks worse than it is, it's quite hard to force parasite tokens

Shambling Nest can hand them out at stat 4, but Meredith can hand them out at stat 5 at ranged. So I think Meredith might turn into the parasite engine for the crew (as she can hand them out as long as she wins one duel with stat 5 and a friendly model is within 5" of her parasite target). Certainly I really want to try a poison sub-theme in the crew, looks cool!

Unless you meant on Nexus, and yeah, it is hard for Nexus to directly force tokens I think?

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Shambling Nest can hand them out at stat 4, but Meredith can hand them out at stat 5 at ranged. So I think Meredith might turn into the parasite engine for the crew (as she can hand them out as long as she wins one duel with stat 5 and a friendly model is within 5" of her parasite target). Certainly I really want to try a poison sub-theme in the crew, looks cool!

Unless you meant on Nexus, and yeah, it is hard for Nexus to directly force tokens I think?

Stat 5 with a trigger needed and a friendly model nearby that is already poisoned. It's doable but that is quite a few hoops if your opponent is trying to stop it. 

10 minutes ago, Adran said:

Stat 5 with a trigger needed and a friendly model nearby that is already poisoned. It's doable but that is quite a few hoops if your opponent is trying to stop it. 

She's a henchman, and since it is only one poison needed it seems pretty doable. The nearby ally is a big one, agreed. The crew can't put parasites on whatever it wants as far as I can see. But the opponent does have to figure out which models they want to get parasites each turn, as I don't think you can protect your whole crew (unless they're supremely good at dancing around - I struggle to imagine giving Archie parasites very easily for example).

EDIT: note the friendly model doesn't have to start poisoned. She can poison it, or if the enemy is poisoned, she doesn't need the friendly to have it.

3 hours ago, Adran said:

Once she gets the first model going she can just keep chaining from there. The only issue she really runs into is stat 5, but when you have Archivist getting an east 2 card advantage, Nexus forcing 3 discards and then all the simple duels from Soul Shock and Down To The Last Drop, it's not that hard to have cards in hand while your opponent doesn't. Cadmus in general is just very good at directly and indirectly attacking the opponents hand to deny parasite tokens.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Adran said:

You can, but if they have a parasite token you can count them as the friendly model and so end a condition on them.

Yes, this is true.  I don't think I want to play a mirror match with Nexus.  That would be crazy.  And if someone brings alon A Bandersnatch and Grootslang...ohh fun times.

23 minutes ago, nomoredroids said:

Anybody try taking Eva? 

Her Coordinated Strike would let Nexus take an attack 13" away from the target for an easy Parasite Marker, can use Web Markers as big ol' "nope" bubbles, and obviously Secret Passage is good. 

Would require shooting into engagement most of the time and require a card for it, so you're spending 8 stones for not much benefit.

54 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Would require shooting into engagement most of the time and require a card for it, so you're spending 8 stones for not much benefit.

Eva is pretty good shooting into engagement, but I'm not sure that she adds all that much to cadmus, other than more chances for nexus to attack through the same nodes in the same turn. Lock away is potentially great though...

I've been thinking there might be some strangeness with engagement and Parasite tokens. Specifically, that you can't engage/be engaged by a friendly model. I assume the ruling would be that the engaging model's allegiances are what matters, but I'm curious if there's a ruling on that somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Xekros said:

I've been thinking there might be some strangeness with engagement and Parasite tokens. Specifically, that you can't engage/be engaged by a friendly model. I assume the ruling would be that the engaging model's allegiances are what matters, but I'm curious if there's a ruling on that somewhere.

Friendly is irrelevant to engagment, I believe.

Enemy models can engage each other (and if in possession of a parasite token, the model would be both friendly and enemy, which is possible according to the latest FAQ).

2 hours ago, Xekros said:

I think the Parasite token is similar to the Exclusive Interview, which per the FAQ, treats the model as both friendly and enemy as the same time. Which means Cadmus models would still be engaged by Parasite enemy models.

5 minutes ago, retnab said:

Also is it just me or is Nexus' hive upgrade a thing just because she needs 3 card "pages" to fit all of her kit? 

Yes and no, the upgrade is both to fit more into the kit and to make "universal" keyword rules, so that if nexus dies parasites aren't useless like would happen if it was just on nexus

13 minutes ago, retnab said:

Man this seems like the most complex of the new crews for sure, my eyes are glazing over reading these guys lol.  Also is it just me or is Nexus' hive upgrade a thing just because she needs 3 card "pages" to fit all of her kit? 

To me Seeker seems like the hardest to get my mind wrapped around, but it is all subjective!

21 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

To me Seeker seems like the hardest to get my mind wrapped around, but it is all subjective!

Seeker is probably harder to get working since you really have to manage all the auras, but Cadmus is definitely more complex thanks to all the little rules interactions that it causes to spring up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traifan said:

Any chance The Bandersnatch can be errataed to include the Cadmus key word?

Whilst it's not impossible, as far as I know the bandisnatch is not controlled by cadmus, it's a lone web slinger, so it doesn't make that much sense to give it the keyword. 

On 12/4/2020 at 5:26 AM, Adran said:

1 You can't target yourself with an attack. You can target the model you use to draw line of sight. 

2 the heal gets cancelled when it can't raise the wounds total. We are legion moves the heal effect before it gets here.  So yes you can "steal' the heal from a fully healthy model. 

3 no. Conditions with out a value are not conditions with a value. 

4 there are 100s of ways. I don't think you need to put a model in your crew specially. I find exoskeleton often good for 2 webs on the first turn. Or archivist created 1 web from a nest, crawler leaps to it, drops a scheme and another web. 

The best way will change based on what you need each game

So you can transmutation fast off of a model and give it slow, or no? I always thought you could.