Dates for next boxes?

MajorUndead

Hey guys, while checking about the pre order on wayland games, I saw a few things :

Ivan's core box looks like it will be release at the end of February : here

So is the faction starter box : here (there's also the outcast one)

But there's also an "Anya core box" : here
I don't recall seeing any preview on someone with that name. So it would be one of the 3 masters we haven't heard from yet?

There's also a "dirty work" box (probably some DUA models for Ivan) and the Malisaurus Rex for the end of January

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

They mentioned a female healing master in the GenCon thing; this might be her!

Also on the preview of the faction deck, you can see Lord Cooper/Ivan/the newly revealed Nexus from Wednesday/A woman with tomahawks.
So could be her as well (both Anya and the healing master)

12 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

Also on the preview of the faction deck, you can see Lord Cooper/Ivan/the newly revealed Nexus from Wednesday/A woman with tomahawks.
So could be her as well (both Anya and the healing master)

I missed that. Have you a link to see?

Thanks

EDIT

.... ok see.

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/malifaux-fate-decks-and-stat-cards/76927-explorer-s-society-faction-fate-deck

Edited by Pallas4
answer to myself

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SEV said:

She seems cool though, with a really powerful totem!

Yeah!

Thinking about it, I think the healing master will be the one with the "Seeker" keyword.
I was parsing through old waldo's weekly to look for the other previews of syndicate models (there was a henchman, and a minion)
That minion (here) has both the syndicate & seeker keywords, and has an ability "Chronicle(Geomancy)" that triggers when a model heals within :aura4.
Looks to me like that ability (with different effect based on the part on parenthesis) would likely be the crew ability for a healing master :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guess that we'll see a tease for the healing Seeker master this Wednesday. We've known about Basse, McCabe and Cooper for ages now. Ivan got spoiled at Gencon. And in the last month they've rolled out three of the other four as a count down to the new book (odd that they chose to reveal Beebe/Calypso rather than -REDACTED-) 

So that just leaves the seekers to be the last big reveal before the book drops. At least I hope so. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Inefficiency_Expert said:

I'm guess that we'll see a tease for the healing Seeker master this Wednesday. We've known about Basse, McCabe and Cooper for ages now. Ivan got spoiled at Gencon. And in the last month they've rolled out three of the other four as a count down to the new book (odd that they chose to reveal Beebe/Calypso rather than -REDACTED-) 

So that just leaves the seekers to be the last big reveal before the book drops. At least I hope so. 

We have yet to see the leader of the EVS either.

Basse and McCabe were out with Release of the game. I think Coopers cards (and his crew) were first shown at Gencon, along with Ivan, although we have known about Lord cooper as a member of the society (and a master) for a while. 

Anya and Nexus were recent reveals. We've seen rules for a Seeker model (surveyor) and 2 EVS models (Beebe and Calypso), but neither master. (Now we've seen Anya and a couple of other syndicate models we can probably make guesses about which bits of the surveyor are "syndicate" and which are "seeker"). 

3 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

Do you know when the cards will be in the app?

Hopefully it will be soon
But even if the work to add the cards might have been prepared in advance, it's probably still a big update to push to an app.
So that might take a bit of time (to test to make sure there's no major issue, to upload it to the apple&google servers handling the app, etc).

I'm not familiar with how this all works but I prefer to consider it's going to take a bit of time and be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner than I thought :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

In Android it was updated wednesday. Maybe it's wating someone push a button? But wayland sold the book. T_T'

Maybe, but there might be some complex things happening behind the scenes to make sure the upload works well, there isn't some weird interaction with other recent updates, etc.
They might also have other reasons to delay the release a bit (I can't really think of one but I don't own a company :D)

Moreover, the work done on the app has been great and the developper has been responsive to feedback and issues.
So I trust them to handle this well, and I think we should try to not be too impatient about it.

It's already great to have all cards (with updates!) available in a game like this, so if it takes some time to get the most recent ones, I won't complain :)

Speaking of updates, if anyone remembers how long it took between the anouncement of the March errata, and the app update to have these changes, this could be an indication of how long we'll have to wait.

6 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

Hopefully it will be soon
But even if the work to add the cards might have been prepared in advance, it's probably still a big update to push to an app.
:)

AFAIK the app will not update with the cards. The cards are just updated when they are updated on the server.

The official release date is November 27th AFAIK so I think the cards should be in the app around that time.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:37 AM, MajorUndead said:

Maybe, but there might be some complex things happening behind the scenes to make sure the upload works well, there isn't some weird interaction with other recent updates, etc.
They might also have other reasons to delay the release a bit (I can't really think of one but I don't own a company :D)

Moreover, the work done on the app has been great and the developper has been responsive to feedback and issues.
So I trust them to handle this well, and I think we should try to not be too impatient about it.

It's already great to have all cards (with updates!) available in a game like this, so if it takes some time to get the most recent ones, I won't complain :)

Speaking of updates, if anyone remembers how long it took between the anouncement of the March errata, and the app update to have these changes, this could be an indication of how long we'll have to wait.

Also worth remembering that the app is one guy, which makes it even more impressive and accepting that some things will take time.

• Agree 1