Welcome To The World Wide Web

Jesy Blue

9 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just thinking one potential fix to this would be to make the hive mind upgrade re-attach at the next start phase (after the model is killed).

Then there's temporary counterplay of killing the model holding the upgrade. Not sure how viable it'd be with the rest of the crew, of course!

I like the flavour of it, though. Kill the nexus/hive mind holder, temporary disruption to the parasite mechanic.

That's actually counterintuitive to how a hive mind works.  There is no downtime or time to adjust.  It just keeps in going as if nothing happened.

Also, because it's not "closest Cadmus model" but just "another Cadmus model", it gives the Cadmus player the ability to kill off the current holder to place it in a more beneficial place for the end turn.

Finally, for all we know the trigger on Spelleater could be a common trigger on Cadmus cards which is drop a web marker.  Summoning Eyes & Ears could be a cake walk.  Chances are they're not as bad as rats, seeing as you get another for +3 difficulty, they're probably 3 stones each... so slightly better than Rats & Bayou Gremlins.  So probably not Plentiful 12 or 8, that's limited to the cheap stuff.  Since you can hire 4 at once, I'm guessing Plentiful 6, that's what 3 stone cost Steam Aracnids are.

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

That's actually counterintuitive to how a hive mind works.  There is no downtime or time to adjust.  It just keeps in going as if nothing happened.

Depends on the model of hivemind.

If you have a node relaying the commands, then disrupting the node should disrupt the whole swarm.

If you have everything being directly connected to the hivemind (like with emergent intelligence) then it doesn't work.

This seems like a node model given Nexus and the upgrade.

And this may be the nerdiest thing I've written this week.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ShinChan said:

A specific plan against  master that attacks you with Stat 7 and makes you discard 3 cards? Seems quite difficult. Even if you manage to take only the damage (2/4/5 or 1/3/4 + Injured) she also has a :new-Pulse: that only requires a 3!

And this is without seeing any other models that can put parasite tokens (unless we're seeing a Wong's situation, where the main way to put XYZ tokens is the master and everything else is less than anecdotic).

She does a lot of things, but she also relies a lot on her keyword so her keyword models will be a huge deal to see how good she is. Up to know we have only seen the master and the Spelleaters, who aren't sturdy. If all her keyword is that soft, it won't be that bad because her nodes could be easily dispatched.

Actually relying too much on her keyword could be a dissadvantage to adapt to situations that her keyword is not well suited, it happens to me with Marcus for example.

I agree she seems very good, but it's too soon to think she will be OP imho.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, Plaag said:

u cannot do nothing bacause of emissary and up, so u will get a lot of parasite tokens and suffer all the time

Even if you are right, regocige! The bigger the foe, the sweetest the victory ;)

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Ogid said:

the master and the Spelleaters, who aren't sturdy.

Nexus isn't sturdy by master standards, but that's still pretty sturdy. The biggest protection will probably be that unless you've got good ranged attacks you're going to have to go into the middle of the hive to attack Nexus, and let's not forget that healing can be given to Nexus from other keyword models(assuming We Are Legion is the keyword ability).

As for spelleaters not being sturdy, they're cost 7 with average defense and free shielded +1. That already puts them above average durability. Throw in being immune to triggers(except against Riders), and that the blacked out ability is likely We Are Legion, they look to be at the towards the top rung of durability.

I don't think from what we've seen we can infer that this keyword will be particularly squishy(aside from Eyes and Ears being that they seem to be spam summons)

• 2 weeks later...

I really want Cadmus! I love We are legion! ping damage potential, cheap summons, and infecting everyone making everyone friends.
I really hope they aren't actually ridiculously OP and therefore need immediate nerfing :(

I think Nexus seems pretty weak defensively, I think killing her early is probably a good (and probably achieveble) goal for most good crews.

I think the relenting on attacks from parasite riddled oponent models seem's very broken! and should be clarified/removed - I think I won't play it that way( unless someone is really annoying me 😜 )

I wonder if connected concious was intended as a deliberate counter to crews who can more easily control last activation - I don't think it would be terrible if it was just extra activation like Tara though. It does seem a little OP without it really needing to be (unless the restof the crew are really terrible to balance it :D )

This may just be me but is anyone else getting m2e collodi vibes. The manipulation of enemy models, the summoning, using nearby models to buff its actions. And strings and webs aren't miles apart either. One of the reasons I'm so excited to play her/it is because of their similarities (collodi was my favourite master in 2nd edition). I feel like there's a link there but like I said it could just be me. 

11 hours ago, jimmypompom said:

This may just be me but is anyone else getting m2e collodi vibes. The manipulation of enemy models, the summoning, using nearby models to buff its actions. And strings and webs aren't miles apart either. One of the reasons I'm so excited to play her/it is because of their similarities (collodi was my favourite master in 2nd edition). I feel like there's a link there but like I said it could just be me. 

How much would you bet that this Keyword was part of the reason Collodi went DMH?

2 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

How much would you bet that this Keyword was part of the reason Collodi went DMH?

I don't think that's the reason collodi went to DMH but I think nexus is the closest thing to a replacement for that play style. 

59 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

0, because Nexus isn't that similar to either 2e or 3e Collodi at all., and certainly not more similar than Zoraida or Lucius are to Collodi or each other for that matter.

I think you've very much put collodi in a box there. Although collodi was a very good control obey type master like zoraida or lucius, that was by far not his only trick. The summons were quite important imo for instance. I think a testament to their differences is that all of them were neverborn masters and yet they all had their own place. 

I do agree that collodi has similarities with them. However,  I would argue that nexus has a larger amount of similarities and has a similar feel for the reasons I gave in my last couple of posts. 

P.S. I'm not a big fan of collodi in m3e. He just feels a little lack luster. Which is why I'm so excited to see the rest of the cadmus crew. 

Edited by jimmypompom
Typo

2 hours ago, jimmypompom said:

I think you've very much put collodi in a box there. Although collodi was a very good control obey type master like zoraida or lucius, that was by far not his only trick. The summons were quite important imo for instance. I think a testament to their differences is that all of them were neverborn masters and yet they all had their own place. 

I do agree that collodi has similarities with them. However,  I would argue that nexus has a larger amount of similarities and has a similar feel for the reasons I gave in my last couple of posts. 

P.S. I'm not a big fan of collodi in m3e. He just feels a little lack luster. Which is why I'm so excited to see the rest of the cadmus crew. 

They really aren't that similar.

They can both summon yeah, but Collodi could only summon a single model at a time and it required a high card as well as something to have died, whereas Nexus summons a swarm of models from "nothing".

Collodi supported its crew by sharing conditions or a heal as a bonus action.

Nexus supports its crew by repositioning models and making more damage sponges(aka no direct support).

Collodi's control was in obeying enemy models and sapping their actions or giving out actions to your own crew.

Nexus's control is in repositioning models which can potentially be unresisted and attacking your opponents hand. And then at the end of the turn it can use a very limited pseudo-obey.

And that's just going off of what's on their cards(and collodi's upgrades). Can't really go into how Nexus will interact with its crew for obvious reasons, but already it doesn't have the set up that Collodi did of either making the crew work for Collodi, or Collodi work for the crew.

4 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

They really aren't that similar.

They can both summon yeah, but Collodi could only summon a single model at a time and it required a high card as well as something to have died, whereas Nexus summons a swarm of models from "nothing".

Collodi supported its crew by sharing conditions or a heal as a bonus action.

Nexus supports its crew by repositioning models and making more damage sponges(aka no direct support).

Collodi's control was in obeying enemy models and sapping their actions or giving out actions to your own crew.

Nexus's control is in repositioning models which can potentially be unresisted and attacking your opponents hand. And then at the end of the turn it can use a very limited pseudo-obey.

And that's just going off of what's on their cards(and collodi's upgrades). Can't really go into how Nexus will interact with its crew for obvious reasons, but already it doesn't have the set up that Collodi did of either making the crew work for Collodi, or Collodi work for the crew.

Yeah I can agree with those points for the most part. Obviously they're not identical especially when you get down into the nitty gritty details. I was thinking from a more overall picture. A general overview and how they feel to me. I would still say though there is more in common between them than zoraida or lucius compared to Collodi though.