Welcome To The World Wide Web

Jesy Blue

4 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

Sorry for double post but Just some thoughts about this cards and the text.

Will of Cadmus needs to have a lot of "friendly Cadmus". Parasites allow that by "transform" enemys models in friendly model for this case.

In the preview we can read

"Nexus’ crew is all about control"

"By the end of the game you’ll feel like the entire board is one living organism under your command."

So it seems one gameplay of this crew is to spaming parasites.

So..... for opponent it adds troubles. Againts a lot of master you have to score, try to deny your opponent to score.... and survive. :P Against her/its you must absolutly AVOID parasite. So before her/its activation you must keep cards if you can be hit by Hive Strike (and with omnipresent influence, you can be hit easly). if the opponent is a new player, it will be difficult for him.

Second thought, not sure using a lot OOK. Because it will decrease Wll of Cadmus and OmniPresent Influence.... but to be honest, I have difficulties tu use OOK with other masters, so maybe it's just me. x'D

I really hope all of Cadmus crew will be release at Black Friday, I want to play with. :D

Nexus can also summon "Eyes and Ears."  Assuming these are little Insignificant models, there's the potential for a high Minion count there, which helps with the Cadmus spam, so the Parasite may not be 100% necessary, just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

I am really looking forward to the reveal of the rest of the Keyword!

1 hour ago, theamazingmrg said:

Nexus can also summon "Eyes and Ears."  Assuming these are little Insignificant models, there's the potential for a high Minion count there, which helps with the Cadmus spam, so the Parasite may not be 100% necessary, just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Even if they're the equivent of Malifaux Rats, the tokens would still be the best, because hitting your own relenting models for 1 damage and then shunting it unresisted to an enemy model with a token sounds hilarious!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

yep but sometime in BF we can buy models before official release. ^^

And yes, we have to wait the other Cadmus models. Because a master is nothing without the team.

They only pre releases at Gencon now. Unless theyve changed the policy this year (finally a silver lining for 2020!)

T_T

But it'll be better for my account.

Well. Think about Will of Cadmus. This ability has a TN of 12. So you must have a stat of 6 or 7 to be... safe. So 11-13 friendly Cadmus models.

Even you have Cadmus models in your crew, you must parasite at least 3 or 4 models in the opponent crew. And let them live...

The thing that seems bonkers to me is that you get guaranteed final activation. Even if you only use it to obey your own models, there's a LOT of utility in being guaranteed the final activation. In fact, I'd say the majority of my close games involve battling for last activation on the last turn of the game.

Very strong even if it couldn't target enemies IMO.

3 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The thing that seems bonkers to me is that you get guaranteed final activation. Even if you only use it to obey your own models, there's a LOT of utility in being guaranteed the final activation. In fact, I'd say the majority of my close games involve battling for last activation on the last turn of the game.

Very strong even if it couldn't target enemies IMO.

That does look to be very strong. Its a fairly fixed final activation, so at least facing it you will have an idea of what is coming (Its going to largely be interacts I would guess unless you use the melee trigger). 

I would say if your Lodestone carrier is given a parasite token, then you really want to save a high card to deny the walk away at the end of the turn. And just accept that the oppoentn is likely to also walk their lodestone carrier if they need to (Or throw the stone, thinking about it, its a potentially crazy amount of movement you can give it in that last activation with 2 general actions.  

Its probably less helpful in symbols, or public enemies for example,  but I guess they are really scary in leylines. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

That does look to be very strong. Its a fairly fixed final activation, so at least facing it you will have an idea of what is coming (Its going to largely be interacts I would guess unless you use the melee trigger). 

I would say if your Lodestone carrier is given a parasite token, then you really want to save a high card to deny the walk away at the end of the turn. And just accept that the oppoentn is likely to also walk their lodestone carrier if they need to (Or throw the stone, thinking about it, its a potentially crazy amount of movement you can give it in that last activation with 2 general actions.  

Its probably less helpful in symbols, or public enemies for example,  but I guess they are really scary in leylines. 

Also depends on what abilities the crew has. If you can command your own model to use a knock aside trigger for example, it opens up a lot of new avenues even without perfect parasites.

Remember, you can target a model with Will of Cadmus only one by turn. So don't miss!

If you have BJ in hand, don't throw it! Maybe not in turn5 (if you risk to draw all your deck before en of turn). And if you think it's important, keep one good card (value could vary with the number of parasited tokens).

Of couse if you played againts a tide of parasited Malifaux Rats or Gremlins (so a stat of 8 or 9... xD) but to be honest it probably won't be the most commun case. 

44 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Also depends on what abilities the crew has. If you can command your own model to use a knock aside trigger for example, it opens up a lot of new avenues even without perfect parasites.

I don't think that's possible. You only get to make an attack action off a trigger, so that action can't declare triggers. Its basically the same argument for Marcus' charges trigger not being allowed to declare triggers I think. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Adran said:

I don't think that's possible. You only get to make an attack action off a trigger, so that action can't declare triggers. Its basically the same argument for Marcus' charges trigger not being allowed to declare triggers I think. 

Oh sorry, you are correct I believe!

That narrows the scope quite a bit. Looking at the design, that seems to be the intention - pretty narrow scope for its use.

It's natural to "fear" a bit the unknow and think new things are broken. Up to know I'm pleasantly surprised with how different and thematic the masters of this faction feels just by reading their cards. I'd lie if I say I don't have any reserves about the power level of some stuff, but I'll definitely trust the work done and give them a chance.

About this keyword, the theme is pretty cool and it seems one of those keywords that need an specific plan to go against. As said above keeping those tokens out of your important models is paramount; as soon as one of those get one, its damage potential will be crippled because the whole enemy keyword will be able to relent (and this opens the possible counterplay of relying less on big daddy beaters and more in lot of chaff or including models with triggers like Onslaught or Critical strike able to still ramp up the damage if the other player relents), his second attack is also a death sentence if any good model get one of those tokens, being able to make a Colette like repositioning (but at least this needs to put a token first on the other model); and I'm sure other model of the crews will be able to mess heavily with models with tokens, another reason to keep your key pieces clean.

It's hilarious VS can neuter the parasite mechanic btw (Antibiotics I guess)

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

It's natural to "fear" a bit the unknow and think new things are broken. Up to know I'm pleasantly surprised with how different and thematic the masters of this faction feels just by reading their cards. I'd lie if I say I don't have any reserves about the power level of some stuff, but I'll definitely trust the work done and give them a chance.

About this keyword, the theme is pretty cool and it seems one of those keywords that need an specific plan to go against. As said above keeping those tokens out of your important models is paramount; as soon as one of those get one, its damage potential will be crippled because the whole enemy keyword will be able to relent (and this opens the possible counterplay of relying less on big daddy beaters and more in lot of chaff or including models with triggers like Onslaught or Critical strike able to still ramp up the damage if the other player relents), his second attack is also a death sentence if any good model get one of those tokens, being able to make a Colette like repositioning (but at least this needs to put a token first on the other model); and I'm sure other model of the crews will be able to mess heavily with models with tokens, another reason to keep your key pieces clean.

It's hilarious VS can neuter the parasite mechanic btw (Antibiotics I guess)

u cannot do nothing bacause of emissary and up, so u will get a lot of parasite tokens and suffer all the time

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Plaag said:

they dont listen, so why i need to test it?)

I already did playtest and I saw they changed profile after playtesters' test. Won't say more (neither the models tested nor on what occasion, I signed papers). But they listen community. And It's cool.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Pallas4 said:

I already did playtest and I saw they changed profile after playtesters' test. Won't say more (neither the models tested nor on what occasion, I signed papers). But they listen community. And It's cool.

They listen to players who can explain and prove their points. And this is the probelm.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4