Welcome To The World Wide Web

Jesy Blue

19 minutes ago, belorey said:

An amazing keyword with too many possibilities.

No way to know that they are amazing, just looking at this card its clear they cant use ook units as well because it cant make friendly units into cadmus, and there's problems with what you can actually do to enemies, no forced interacts for schemes, no siphon power, ect

12 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

No way to know that they are amazing, just looking at this card its clear they cant use ook units as well because it cant make friendly units into cadmus, and there's problems with what you can actually do to enemies, no forced interacts for schemes, no siphon power, ect

You can force interacts. Will of cadmus gives you an effective obey to perform interacts. 

• Agree 1

Other interesting benefit of parasite token is letting Cadmus model to relent attack from enemy. Opponent is able to cheat in any card for suit he wants in return of :-flip:-flip on damage. Useful depends on the damage spread and trigger.

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

It feels a bit clunky to me, like they wanted so many rules they couldn't fit it on the card and so stapled on an upgrade.

So that Von Schtook can counter them.

20 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Other interesting benefit of parasite token is letting Cadmus model to relent attack from enemy. Opponent is able to cheat in any card for suit he wants in return of :-flip:-flip on damage. Useful depends on the damage spread and trigger.

Wait... Thats potentially a problem, if von schtook is nearby anyone with the upgrade is parasite useless on the whole field?

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

You treat the enemy model as friendly... the enemy does not treat you as friendly, so they cannot relent, just the other way around only.

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

37 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

You treat the enemy model as friendly... the enemy does not treat you as friendly, so they cannot relent, just the other way around only.

It is exactly how @Rufess said. When a Cadmus model is attacked by a model with a parasite token, the Cadmus model can choose to relent instead of flipping any cards. Depending how is the damage track of the attacking model, it can be an awesome defensive mechanism.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

It is exactly how @Rufess said. When a Cadmus model is attacked by a model with a parasite token, the Cadmus model can choose to relent instead of flipping any cards. Depending how is the damage track of the attacking model, it can be an awesome defensive mechanism.

For example, on a 2/4/6 track where their stat is higher than yours and they're spending a focus.

hum.

Cadmuis models in this crew may treat enmey models with a Parasite Token as though they were friendly Cadmus models

Hum. I'm not a english speaker but for me it's only when the Nexus' player wants to.  So when the goal is to deal damage "no I don't treat you as friendly cadmus" but when the restriction is "frendly Cadmus model only", the opponent can relent. But Why would he do it? I don't see any advantage in taking both attacks with this Restriction "Will of Cadmus" and "exoskeletal connection".... maybe the second if the opponent wants a webmarker (Dreamer ?) or some trick.

13 hours ago, fire5tone said:

Sorry, should have clarified, your not allowed to do that for stuff like symbols, make them interact for friendly benifet (if my interpretation of friendly-controlled is right)

Friendly-controlled is something I try and avoid working out what is meant, but yes I think you are correct, you can't use their parasite models to do symbols.  So Its probably good for schemes, less so for Strategies (although its probably really hard to score leylines when your opponent can make you take walk actions at the end of the turn).

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

It feels a bit clunky to me, like they wanted so many rules they couldn't fit it on the card and so stapled on an upgrade.

Cool crew though, looking forward to seeing the rest.

I guess it allows the crew to work regardless of the leader. I'm thinking about the complaints Bayou make about how only Wong can use glowy on enemy models for example, so once he dies, those tokens are useless. Also - Imagine if there are multiple Hive upgrades. It would be like Collodi and his Acts (or more like M2E with its multiple possible master upgrades). 

6 hours ago, fire5tone said:

Wait... Thats potentially a problem, if von schtook is nearby anyone with the upgrade is parasite useless on the whole field?

Looking at the upgrade, the transfer to another person on death isn't an action or an ability, so it ought to still work. But if you are near Von Schtook, you can't use parasite models as friendly models, and extra parasite tokens don't become damage, and you can't take your second activation. Its too early to say if that makes parasite "useless", but I certainly think its something Nexus probably doesn't want to allow easily. 

20 minutes ago, Adran said:

Friendly-controlled is something I try and avoid working out what is meant, but yes I think you are correct, you can't use their parasite models to do symbols.  So Its probably good for schemes, less so for Strategies (although its probably really hard to score leylines when your opponent can make you take walk actions at the end of the turn).

So you can't use siphon power on a parasited model because "friendly Cadmus model" is not included in "Friendly Model"? (no irony, nothing, really want to know)

4 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

So you can't use siphon power on a parasited model because "friendly Cadmus model" is not included in "Friendly Model"? (no irony, nothing, really want to know)

You can't use Siphon power on a parasite because it is the model that takes the damage that chooses to do so. It being counted as a friendly model doesn't give you the power to make any of its choices. 

If Siphon power was worded something like "this model may do 1 damage to a friendly model within 4" to add 1 suit to its action", then you could have used it.  

1 minute ago, Pallas4 said:

hum, make sense (even the word choose not in text but to be honest, it's logic it's implicit). Thanks. ^^

Well they haven't wrote choose, but the text is 

"A friendly model within :aura4" may suffer 1 irreducible damage.."

So there has to be a choice because it is an optional thing. To try and claim otherwise would mean that it automatically did 1 irreducible damage to all friendly models within 4":auraevery single time it declared an action.

(And there is the section on Choosing to suffer damage on page 33). 

Sorry for double post but Just some thoughts about this cards and the text.

Will of Cadmus needs to have a lot of "friendly Cadmus". Parasites allow that by "transform" enemys models in friendly model for this case.

In the preview we can read

"Nexus’ crew is all about control"

"By the end of the game you’ll feel like the entire board is one living organism under your command."

So it seems one gameplay of this crew is to spaming parasites.

So..... for opponent it adds troubles. Againts a lot of master you have to score, try to deny your opponent to score.... and survive. :P Against her/its you must absolutly AVOID parasite. So before her/its activation you must keep cards if you can be hit by Hive Strike (and with omnipresent influence, you can be hit easly). if the opponent is a new player, it will be difficult for him.

Second thought, not sure using a lot OOK. Because it will decrease Wll of Cadmus and OmniPresent Influence.... but to be honest, I have difficulties tu use OOK with other masters, so maybe it's just me. x'D

I really hope all of Cadmus crew will be release at Black Friday, I want to play with. :D

4 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

Sorry for double post but Just some thoughts about this cards and the text.

Will of Cadmus needs to have a lot of "friendly Cadmus". Parasites allow that by "transform" enemys models in friendly model for this case.

In the preview we can read

"Nexus’ crew is all about control"

"By the end of the game you’ll feel like the entire board is one living organism under your command."

So it seems one gameplay of this crew is to spaming parasites.

So..... for opponent it adds troubles. Againts a lot of master you have to score, try to deny your opponent to score.... and survive. :P Against her/its you must absolutly AVOID parasite. So before her/its activation you must keep cards if you can be hit by Hive Strike (and with omnipresent influence, you can be hit easly). if the opponent is a new player, it will be difficult for him.

Second thought, not sure using a lot OOK. Because it will decrease Wll of Cadmus and OmniPresent Influence.... but to be honest, I have difficulties tu use OOK with other masters, so maybe it's just me. x'D

I really hope all of Cadmus crew will be release at Black Friday, I want to play with. :D

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I really don't think we'll be seeing any ES until the end of November/December, and that will be only for the beginning: https://www.wyrd-games.net/upcoming-releases

Regarding the Cadmus keyword, it feels like it could be the more strong of all the token mechanics so far, but we need to see the rest of the keyword before. So far, we have a master that:

• Removes an put conditions
  • Puts a lot of pressure in the enemy hand (discard or gain a parasite with Stat 7 is really good)
  • Summons
  • Has movement shenanigans
  • Can do a lot of indirect damage
  • Draws cards
  • Allows Insignificant models to score you points
  • Over activates the enemy
  • Can do irreducible damage
  • Removes Scheme Markers from (at least) 14" away
  • Both of his attacks are Stat 7
  • Can heal himself
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2