Limit on skipping activations?

Question

One of my regular opponents believes that you can only spend 2 pass tokens in a row to skip activations then you have to activate. I can't find any reference to this anywhere in the rules so I believe you could skip as many activations as you have tokens. Is he right or does anyone know where he could have gotten this idea from?

Cheers

4 answers to this question

He is probably thinking of chain activations - you can't activate more than two models in a row with chain activations (such as with the accomplice ability), unless all the activations stem from a single effect (such as the Dead Rider's bonus action).

I know of no limit on pass tokens.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

He is probably thinking of chain activations - you can't activate more than two models in a row with chain activations (such as with the accomplice ability), unless all the activations stem from a single effect (such as the Dead Rider's bonus action).

I know of no limit on pass tokens.

He was told it by an opponent at his 1st tournament so he's never queried it. I'll give him the good news now 😁

17 hours ago, Chris P Bacon said:

He was told it by an opponent at his 1st tournament so he's never queried it. I'll give him the good news now 😁

Let that be the first lesson:  Just because you're at a tournament doesn't mean either player knows what the rules are. -_- 

17 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Haha, I am known to have brain farts, but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.

There's no correction to be made.  There is no limit to the number of Pass Tokens that can be spent in a row, or any other sort of general limit to the number of times a player can end up activating models in a row.  There's just the limit for Chain Activation, which is a specific and entirely different thing.

So if it's two models vs. 8 models at the start of the turn and you've got six pass tokens, you sure can spend all six of those pass tokens in a row.