Asami Tanaka and Reaching Tendrils (Rip and Tear trigger)

RenaldoBingles

Question

Just trying to understand this interaction a bit more: Reaching Tendrils Attack Action states that the target is pushed 6" in any direction. The Rip and Tear trigger states that you can then take a melee action targeting the same model that was pushed. Does the pushed model have to be in range of the attacking model in order to actually do the Attack Action, or is it a "freebie" in terms of range due to being a trigger?

Basically: can I push someone away say... 6" with Reaching Tendrils from Asami Tanaka, then hit them with Another Mouth to Feed via the Rip and Tear trigger? Or do I need to make sure the model I'm targeting ends within the 1" range of Another Mouth to Feed in order to use it?

1 answer to this question

Part of the process of resolving an attack is checking if it is legal.

So you still have to check range and LOS (so the attack will fail when you try to take it). There are some abilities that allow you to do things like this, but they specify that you ignore range and/or LOS. For example, the Hooded Rider's ability says "take a melee action... ignoring range".

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4