So, uh, how does anyone beat the Dreamer?

Sarah Cole

2 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

Throwing two stuffed piglets with Bombs In Your Belly can be devastating even for Dreamer. It's potentially 1*2 from Full Load + 2 from Demise (from Stuffed Piglet #1, that fails duel from second Full Load) + 3*2 from upgrades. A total of 10 damage if Dreamer fails all 3 mv duels. Unfortunately a skilled player will not put Dreamer within Pigapult range without stones and cards in hand.

Yep, that's really telegraphed when there are two pigs with Bombs in their bellies within 2" of the Pigapult. You can get your opponent in a "Gotcha!" moment, but that's going to happen once and then he'll be traumatized for the rest of his life.

Can we please call this move the Pigteorite? 🤣

• Haha 2

It is pretty telegraphed, but with an 18" range and some two inch pulses that's a  big chunk of the board that's threatened. 

I've been thinking about running Sparks in Big Hat. With Bombs in your belly and Make Me Proud, that's potentially 5 pulse damage with no resist flips. 

2 hours ago, Adran said:

That gets you a scrap, but not a stuffing token, the stuff of nightmares needs it to be an enemy model. (unless I've missed something else)

just take 3 stitched from start and throw them into enemy crew-it doesnt matter they would live or not

On 10/13/2020 at 12:08 PM, Thatguy said:

It is pretty telegraphed, but with an 18" range and some two inch pulses that's a  big chunk of the board that's threatened. 

I've been thinking about running Sparks in Big Hat. With Bombs in your belly and Make Me Proud, that's potentially 5 pulse damage with no resist flips. 

Wasn't Make Me Proud errata'd to only affect Big Hat models?

But isn't that kinda difficult to pull off in practice? I mean, you have to activate Sparks to give the bombs to a Gremlin. Sparks doesn't like being in the front lines so you probably need to activate the Gremlin to get him to an advantageous position (or Toss him with Lenny or whatever). And then you need to activate Somer to blow him up. What's to stop the opponent from killing the Gremlin before Somer has a chance to blow him up? And Somer usually likes activating pretty early to get his auras active.

Have you successfully pulled it off? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious (I am not very experienced with Somer at all).

24 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

But isn't that kinda difficult to pull off in practice? I mean, you have to activate Sparks to give the bombs to a Gremlin. Sparks doesn't like being in the front lines so you probably need to activate the Gremlin to get him to an advantageous position (or Toss him with Lenny or whatever). And then you need to activate Somer to blow him up. What's to stop the opponent from killing the Gremlin before Somer has a chance to blow him up? And Somer usually likes activating pretty early to get his auras active.

Have you successfully pulled it off? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious (I am not very experienced with Somer at all).

The ideal scenario is when you put the explosives in the Bayou Gremlin you summoned in turn 1 and then in turn 2 you move him in position and then you blow him. It works even better with Skeeters, since they can get into position easily (flight + movement 6).

Som'er doesn't need to activate early in the turn. The only reason to do so would be to enable his aura, which is situational most of the time (remember that only affects significant models).

Also, if they try to hit your Bayou Gremlin in melee, they will take the damage from the blast + the damage from the pulse (maybe they can avoid the one from the blast if they have engagement range 2", since 2" > 50mm).

• 2 weeks later...