Math Posts Sporadically What He Has Painted

Math Mathonwy

On 10/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, FabioMatt said:

And then???

I'm enjoying your use of yellow, ochre and orange! I find yellow such a hard colour to paint with so I am always impressed when someone is able to do so with such effect.

Awaiting (impatiently) for more!

I would have to agree, I personally hate painting yellow it never comes out looking like this. 

• 1 month later...

Bayou Smuggler. For some reason I'm not super happy with this one. The sculpt is great but it seems to have turned out a bit meh. I was trying to use the muted colours to tone down how busy the sculpt is but it may have ended up a bit bland where nothing really stands out. Still, it's not like it's horrible or anything and I'm perfectly happy putting her on the table so don't get me wrong. It's just that lately I've been mostly very happy with what I've painted so this one kinda stands out in being sorta mediocre.

Edit: I really need to take another picture from a different angle for this one...

Smuggler.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

I painted an old-school Joss. The eyes didn't quite go as planned but I spent way long on them and decided to leave it be.

JossPieni.jpg

I like your painting, the bayou stuff looks awesome.  But I can't let my boy Johan not get his name recognized lol

• Like 1

Hi Math, I was suprised to see the Bad Juju. It is nice and you have succeed to get some swamptines on it. But you are also right. With yout talent and knowledge I would expect a little bit more the things that you mentioned. Of course as usual this should be seen in live as most of your miniatures are working really nice,  even I have had aome doubts from the pics.

In the wnd really nice! Keep up going.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Did a test - does it work?

It does. I really like monochrom-ish miniatures and consider it one of the most difficult styles of miniature painting. Thus, great work. 
The eyes could see a bit more attention and the googles but everything else is just great. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harlekin said:

It does. I really like monochrom-ish miniatures and consider it one of the most difficult styles of miniature painting. Thus, great work. 
The eyes could see a bit more attention and the googles but everything else is just great. 

Thank you!

And yeah, I actually didn't even paint the eyes but in the pic they somehow look like they have pupils painted - I'll need to check them. The goggles are a good catch - I seem to have messed them up a bit during some stage but should be a really easy fix.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...