Mah in Public Enemies

FredSpaghett

Hi friends.

I have an upcoming game vs my friend playlng 10T. He had Misaki, Shenlong and Yan Lo. He Will probably use Misaki. 

I want to use Mah. I have access to all other models since we allow proxies for all models not in core boxes. 

We already generated strat and schemes.

Strat is Public enemies and Schemes are

1-4-5-7-11

I have never played Mah before.

im thinking of doing Claim jump on Gracie, looking out for when is a good turn to secure the middle, use little las and/or roosters and/or Mah to move enemies away so Gracie can score.

Maybe picking Breakthrough as my second scheme and try to score the last 2 turns with roosters. 

What are your thoughts?

Thoughts on a list?

How would you go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Mah is a great leader for public enemies, but I think you shouldn't make final decisions about your crew before you see enemy leader.

First of all I think Gracie should not be hired vs Misaki or Shenlong - they have enough sources of irreducible damage in keyword to kill her in a couple of activations. 

Roosters are too fragile, give your enemy 2 strategy points each and do nothing else. Three of them (in theory) can kill Yan Lo on the first turn...if your opponent forgets to give him Stealth. Unfortunately such things never happen in my meta. 

Bushwhackers and Survivors... Well, I don't like cheap models with low stats and low health if they can't do something VERY special. Those guys can't.

You'll need a tanky beater to do the killing job and stay alive. It's definitely Francois. You can also take Raphael, Whiskey Golem or Alphonse but they are not that good. Another good option vs Misaki is the Emissary - it can remove shadow markers and seriously limits Misaki's mobility.

Big Brain Brin is an auto-include for Mah. And he is also one of the best models for Claim Jump in faction. 

Sparks. He packs your main beaters with explosives - and nobody wants to hit them in melee (except for Last Blossoms with their 2" weapons). He also can give fast and shielded and it's great.

A healer is a must for Public Enemies, and when we say "healer" we mean "Bokor". 

Rami is very good vs Yan Lo, but Misaki can get into your backline and kill him too fast. His effectiveness is also very dependent on the terrain. 

Soulstone miner. I would take one for this pool, especially vs Misaki because of it's ability to remove destructible terrain. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scoffer said:

Soulstone miner. I would take one for this pool, especially vs Misaki because of it's ability to remove destructible terrain. 

This was my thought too.

8 hours ago, Scoffer said:

Roosters are too fragile, give your enemy 2 strategy points each and do nothing else.

I disagree. With a 7" move and fast you should be able to keep them out of line of sight and still in range to threaten things. They might not 1v1 beaters but they can scheme and hunt down cheap scheme runners. 

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

With a 7" move and fast you should be able to keep them out of line of sight and still in range to threaten things. They might not 1v1 beaters but they can scheme and hunt down cheap scheme runners

That's true. But I wouldn't expect many cheap scheme runners in a Public Enemies game. 

• Haha 1

II also disagree about the Rooster call in public enemy. Yes they're kind of glassy, but they deliver a massive beating for their cost. With Fast and 7" move they can keep up with any crew. They're also really good at outflanking you opponent and, as Thatguy said, at killing scheme runner (Scoffer is probably righ here, you might not face alot of cheap runner; but with Breaktrough and Sabotage in the pool you never know). 

+1 for SS Miner and the Emissary (especially against Misaki).

I don't own Bokor so I never played them, but with my limited Pool I'm always missing healing in PE, so it's probably a good Idea. 

This is for what I know about Mah... But I have a question for more experienced player : how is the Mah Robots list performing in PE?

The armor + Spark bomb trick seem good. Spark also provide healing. Survivor, SS Miner and Test subject are only one point each of PE. The mobility seem seem fine too. 

Also what is the best OOK Beater in that list? I was thinking Whiskey Golem because he's a construct. 

Maybe it could be a way to go for the OP pool.

Theory craft :

Mah + LL

Whiskey Golem

Spark

BBB

SS Miner

2x Survivor

1x Test subject

3 Stones

Is Porkshop worth taking (even if it 2 points of PE)?

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Whiskey Golem is an absolute beast, if they don't have the ability to ignore Armor. With Spark's upgrade few people are going to want to even try to hit it if it means doing 1-2 damage and getting 2-3 back and maybe poison. Or a 5 damage and poison 2 pulse if it dies.

is that Mad Dog's music I hear? 😆

I too think that Roosters are fine for Public Enemies. The best defense is being outside of the threat range of the enemy and Roosters excel at that. With their hefty amount of wounds, the enemy is quite unlikely to kill them if you keep them well back enough such that the enemy can only get one or two hits in.

1 minute ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I too think that Roosters are fine for Public Enemies. The best defense is being outside of the threat range of the enemy and Roosters excel at that. With their hefty amount of wounds, the enemy is quite unlikely to kill them if you keep them well back enough such that the enemy can only get one or two hits in.

I think it is worth noting that this varies enormously by matchup, and so different people may have different results.

Against Jack Daw? Yeah, your Roosters should be able to dance circles around them.

Against Seamus? He'll one shot your roosters anywhere on the board.

Extreme examples perhaps, but important to note that enemy mobility is a key factor with how much your mobility helps survivability.

I feel that goes somewhat without saying but yeah, naturally. Seamus is indeed an extreme case as he can one-shot like 90% of the Bayou non-SS users. My response was more to the position that Roosters should never be taken in Public Enemies as they are too fragile, which I disagree with. But yeah, definitely take into account the opposing Master before loading up on Roosters.

• Like 1