Arcanist Keyword Breakdowns

Khyodee

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

ahaha)) but i already told why 3 gamins are better than golem and fire golem is very useless because he have burning for defense and any condition removal will kick his ass and triggers to have burn and give burn on melee atack are so funny; the best golem to rebuild is rail golem-he has a lot of utility

Maybe next time you can put these lines in your first post so all of us can save half of the time and replies and get the discussion started more earlier.🙂

I just start studying Sandeep recently. I come from Bayou before so have a good understanding about quantity attacks vs quality attack. One single big Golem is however sometime more valuable than 3 small Gamins, by just existing on the field as a huge threat also a big target. Plus all the obey-like actions with the keyword are better on the Golem than Gamin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plaag said:

no, u dont know how to play right

I agree 3 models can often be better especially if you are playing a control game, but they can also be a liability at times (public enemies or card discard effects that are easy to trigger off a a terrible stat 4). And yes, a golem is bad vs condition removal, but you avoid it if you know the opponent like Shenlong can easily remove it. Also what if they have plentyful access to anti-armor, but no condition removal? Anti-armor doesn't get through fire damage reduction in those cases....so yes, in general you are correct, but its not a universal truth.

Also the Fire Golem can easily bump to Burning +5 in a single activation without even taking into account Pyre markers. Banasuva and Kandara can be burning batteries where to jump with Draw off Flame. His Flame Tornado is a great action, specially when you pair it with the Staggered that Kandara can deliver, requiring models to flip a 10 to pass the duel and it's a way to remove Scheme markers from 11" away.

Is the Fire Golem perfect or even a good pick? Depends on the pool and who you're facing, but definitely is not a bad pick (and not a bad summon).

Also, Bone Piles are decent models. Having a condition removal (or healing) action as a :ToS-Fast: action that doesn't even require a TN is far from being bad.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, Plaag said:

strategy-some killing like evidence or enemies; also kaeris can play symbols and ley lines depends on enemy faction

schemes: research, vendetta, claim, assasinate, let them bleed

models: borgmann, envy, sometimes carlos and firestarter from keyword

style: aggro, midrange

I agree wildly with this, as a midrange crew, I often prefer Carlos, Borgman and Rider though, but I have yet to try out Envy.

Firestarter is situational imo, but is really quick and can cover the field in only a few activations.

As for the Fire Golem, it's generally only underwhelmed me with it's impact, and for 10SS you can bring Borgman and have a SS to spare and use on more useful hires.

• 1 month later...