Are they viable?

Zggy91

I bought into the explorers society recently, Getting both McCabe and Basse, and was wondering if anyone had much fun or success playing them in explorers. Both have extremely limited models right now, and practically no overlap. I was thinking a double master mobility type list but has anyone done something different?

I think someone in the UK won a tournament with explorers Mcabe, ( and the UK doesn't play double master). So certainly viable at the moment

It's not long until the rules for the rest of the faction are released, so there will actually be explorers models they can hire. ( we've already seen rules for the rough riders which are frontier and wastral keyword). 

• Agree 1

I think Frontier has received a awesome boost from the explorer. The Sand Worm and the Emissary fill the lack of melee fighter. Rough Rider brings the crew some real mobility other than Home on the Range.

The Rex also makes a interesting combo with Paul as mentioned at somewhere else in the forum. Not powerful, but interesting.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Basse is a great master simply for that 3Blast minimum and place shenanigans - with a mostly below average keyword. But he will likely be able to take OOK/versatiles to make up for it similar to Dashel, Seamus, or Colette.

McCabe is solid and has a solid keyword, but I haven't looked too deeply into him.

From what we've seen so far, Apex is looking to be a really good keyword too.

You can start collecting now and in just a month you'll have the complete ES book. Just be prepared to proxy some things until most of the boxes get released over the next 3-6 months.