Missing Piece in Lynch Core Box - What to do?

Hello fellow Wyrdos!

It's been a while, but a few months ago a friend got me interested in Malifaux again, so I went about to set up a new group of four players, myself included.

Anyway, I ordered and received the Lynch Core Box from a retailer here in Germany. But when starting to assemble the models yesterday I noticed there's a piece missing: the little skull face thingy from Lynch's card fan (right hand). Now, the box does not have a "Packed by" sticker and I can't really prove that I did not just lose the piece, but I'd swear to all deities that I did not cut it from the sprue or misplace it otherwise.

I'm not adapt enough with using green stuff to make an adequate replacement, and that little face is really the center pieces of the model.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

Use the contact us button on the bottom of the forum pages to reach wyrd customer service. They are normally very good and helpful at solving the issue ( although they don't always tell you they have posted the part so it just shows up in the post). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, Adran said:

Use the contact us button on the bottom of the forum pages to reach wyrd customer service. They are normally very good and helpful at solving the issue ( although they don't always tell you they have posted the part so it just shows up in the post). 

Any Idea on how long this would usually take? I think it's been about three weeks now since I contacted staff via the contact button, as you suggested, but have neither received an answer nor something in the post.

I mean...it's fine if they won't or can't help, but if I knew for certain I could try somewhat replacing the part with whatever and get to painting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, Adran said:

I would have said I normally get something in 2-3 weeks. I can't remember exactly how long, it's been a couple of years since I last had a mistake, but post from the state's to the UK isn't always that fast. ( I would assume a similar time to Germany). 

Sooo, it's been about six weeks in total since my first shot with the contact button, and about three weeks since the second.

Still no response, nor have I received anything via mail. Would such a small piece be sent in a regular envelope? If so, it should be here fairly quickly. I got in touch with another user who was willing to send me his Mei Feng cards which he didn't need (amazing guy!), and that envelope's journey from Seattle to Germany took just a week.

I guess I'll try again sometime soon and keep updating this thread accordingly. Might be interesting for others who run into a similar problem.

Hi @Maogrim! Apologies for missing this thread before! The best way to reach us is via our Contact page on our website. We have a form there where you can send us photos and the like so we can get issues like this resolved. You can also directly message me, or any of the other forum members with staff badges here if you have questions or comments!

Depending on where a player lives, a package might take a few days (Domestic-US) or up to 6 weeks (International), depending on carriers. This year, it's been taking a little longer in some parts thanks to the ongoing effects of the pandemic. 

• Thanks 1

Just to keep everyone updated on my experience with Wyrd customer service and the missing piece:

I got in touch with "Wyrd Office" via PM and we were able to solve the issue! My messages  sent via the forum contact button being unanswered was due to a defunct email, which is now repaired. The conversation continued via email and we were able to identify the exact piece I meant, which was forwarded to me just a day later! 

Honestly, even if it took a few weeks now before the issue got staff's attention, I'm really, really happy with how things turned out. S******* from customer service was super friendly and helpful, and I'm looking forward to be able to finish up my Jakob Lynch and get to painting.

Thank you, Wyrd!!! :)

• Thanks 1