Waldo's Weekly - Random Access Memories

MattM

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, Waldo decided he’d try his hand at crafting his own motorcycle (we think he’s still envious of Rollins Black from a few weeks ago). Waldo decided that lights, our microwave (we can’t seem to keep him away from those), some extremely high-tech equipment, and his old tricycle would make a fantastic bike. He proudly presented his light-tri-cycle (he still can’t do two wheels); we were all dumbfounded and more than a little worried for his safety. But he plunked a helmet over his horns, pressed the “on” button, and shot off. Only three trails of neon light signaled his departure.   

We don’t have the same level of, er, mechanical expertise that Waldo apparently does, but we can offer an adventure nonetheless! If you’re eager to explore a place in Malifaux that nobody (and we mean nobody) has ever experienced before, you can get started right now with Into the Logic Engine!

TTB_OS31_Into-the-Logic-Engine_DT_Cover.jpg

In this new One Shot adventure for Through the Breach, the Fated are asked to help bring in a wayward construct for a down-on-his-luck Scavenger. But as always in Malifaux, things aren’t what they seem. A big twist, some neon lights, and one very cantankerous fish await the Fated when they go Into the Logic Engine

If you leave a review on DriveThruRPG for Into the Logic Engine within the next two weeks (from now until October 14), you’ll be entered into a drawing to win the Malifaux 1988 nightmare box! We’ll be randomly picking the winner at the end, so make sure to keep an eye on your inboxes. But if you don’t win, don’t worry! You’ll be able to grab Malifaux 1988 during our Black Friday sale.

That’s all for this week, Wyrdos. We’re hoping Waldo makes his way back to the office by next week; in the meantime, you can pick up Into the Logic Engine right now on DriveThruRPG for only $5. Are you excited to see Gumdrop and crew again? Wondering what her motivations might be? Is she friend or foe? Come by the forums and share your thoughts!

• Like 9

Interesting! I was puttering around with writing up a timeline to take Malifaux from the turn of the century to the late 80's thanks to inspiration from this box. I wonder if this cyberpunk-ifaux setting could have legs for an ongoing setting? Maybe the Fated hang out here for a while, or a new campaign takes place entirely in this time? Excited to check it out! 

2 hours ago, Hellomurse said:

There is an image for an alt sculpt for the Metal Golem in the adventure, I wonder if that will remain concept art, or if it could be a Black Friday model as well... 😀

It was shown during Gencon and I think said it was out at Black Friday. They showed the render and "exploded" it to show parts fitting together  as well as some art I think (its been a while)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellomurse said:

There is an image for an alt sculpt for the Metal Golem in the adventure, I wonder if that will remain concept art, or if it could be a Black Friday model as well... 😀

It's the Black Friday model and its called Fat Cap.

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2020/8/5/waldos-weekly-gen-con-wrap-up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...