Addiction guidance - how to select a second faction

Burnin4tor

Soooo I know it’s inevitable that I’ll end up with a second faction. I’m trying to figure out what that may be, and for those who have second factions (or are eying one up) I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Assuming you have all or most of the Outcasts, who would you recommend as the next faction to collect and why? Or at least in your opinion.

Thanks!

Well... based on your thread title, Ten Thunders. If you've got an addiction, might as well embrace it with Lynch. :)

On a more serious note, I'd probably suggest going with whichever of the two Dual Faction masters you enjoy most. Get to flesh them out, and have something to fall back on that you're comfortable with.

Or go Explorers, and try for something that noone else is familiar with, either.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I started Outcast, Viktoria specifically, then branded out to most of the faction.  At the time, the only other masters I liked were Ironsides, The Brewmaster, & McMourning.... but I wanted to have more than one master in a faction, because if you declare a faction with only one option available to you, every one knows what you're playing before you declare Masters, so have at least 2 to pick from.

So it's similar to your first master choice, who do you find cool?  Don't think about faction or story or other models that it can hire.... which non-Outcast master just jumps out to you and screams you?

Alternatively, if you're playing Zipp or Jack Daw already, sliding into Bayou or Ressers, respectively, may be easier for you as you already have a foot in the other faction.

And like Morgan said, maybe way until November when Explorer's Society drops, there may be a master coming out that's already calling your name.

• Like 1

Trying to give this thread a different flavour... 

So again, let's say you have all Outcast masters and you want to start a new faction - but the ask is: What other faction has the most different playstyle from Outcasts? 

Since Outcasts is a lot about killing I tend to say it would be Arcanists or Neverborn since they have quite some not so killy masters. Any other opinions? 

On 10/3/2020 at 4:59 AM, Burnin4tor said:

Thanks guys. I think I will wait until we see the rest of the explorers society - but I hadn’t thought about only getting a couple of masters from a faction but there’s in theory nothing wrong with only doing that instead of collecting everything!

One of the points in favour of the Explorer's Society is that Wyrd previewed a series of Starter boxes for Factions containing Versatile models to get people started.  The Outcast Starter contained models with the Syndicate Keyword, which we know will be one of the Keywords used by some Explorer's Society models.  So that will be a nice way to link the two Factions while collecting.  when they eventually get released, of course!

16 minutes ago, Cuilion said:

Since Outcasts is a lot about killing I tend to say it would be Arcanists or Neverborn since they have quite some not so killy masters. Any other opinions? 

NVB is as much about killing as OUT is and lack good and cheap scheme runners outside of dual faction masters (and even those masters aren't 100% score focused, but more of mixed combat/scoring crews). NVB is kill first score later; If you wan't to get away from brawls, I'd look for another one.

• Like 1