Household-gamer video Battle Reports

Joooohan

Hello everyone, I'm going to start this new thread as the reference point for our battle reports.  We intend to release one most Fridays and rather than starting a new thread per report we are going to start adding them here.  Thanks to anybody who watches and thank you for any feedback (good or bad) we appreciate it.  

9/25  Misaki vs Titania 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMuCix-wSs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Appreciate all the work you are doing into providing these battle reports!

The fact you can show a full game in such a short time is nothing short of impressive.  And all the painted crews and handmade markers (which folks should check out their other vids for more hobby stuff) really add to the viewing experience.

Please keep it up!  I don't know what I'd do without the classic "REEED JOOOOOOOOKERRRRRR"

• Thanks 1

Really great format for a battle report, must have taken so much editing time!

That was the correct call about the Waldgeist replacement not counting as the original Waldgeist (couldn't score Claim Jump). It inherits the Gorar's schemes (so if Gorar was claim jumper, then it'd inherit it).

Was very interesting seeing how well it all worked out!

• Thanks 1

We've got a new battle report up!

10/9 Lynch vs McCabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfXcWUJeZK0

Hope it is a fun watch, we have had the red joker "misplay" pointed out.  Pesky m3 rule change to red joker lol.  We appreciate the views and thanks again to any that reply with feedback good or bad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2021 at 8:52 PM, regleant said:

I have to ask - on Turn 2 with Abandon Honor, why didn't the Misaki player shuffle the Red Joker back into the deck? That seems to have been an odd choice... 

The Red Joker was flipped for the duel for Abandon Honor, and at least to my understanding I wouldn't be able to shuffle it back in due to it not being in the discard pile until the effect has finished.  Am I correct or am I mistaken? 

I asked a similar question about the trigger on Mikhail attack . In that case the answer was pretty forward because I didn't noticed the italics (trigger costs are paid during the Duel Step) . In this case instead i think that the joker flipped is put in the discard pile before resolving the action as the Duel Step ends with the Determine Outcome step . Let's imagine that the action was "the target suffers 1/2/3 and then shuffle n cards from your discard pile into your deck" . You can have just one card at the time into the conflict so when you are resolving the action you must discard the card used for the Duel to flip the one of the damage. In this case when you shuffle the discarded cards the joker is available.  I think it works this way :)

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, Joooohan said:

The Red Joker was flipped for the duel for Abandon Honor, and at least to my understanding I wouldn't be able to shuffle it back in due to it not being in the discard pile until the effect has finished.  Am I correct or am I mistaken? 

That's a very interesting question. From what I found in the instruction book:
"Cards discarded after Flipping, Cheating Fate, or from
the Conflict are not considered discarded by the player
or any specific model for the purposes of game effects."

That implies to me that it's fairly immediate - as soon as you flip or cheat, the card is in the Discard Pile. :)  

I think that the cards from the duel are removed from the conflict once the duel is resolved, so before you apply the effects of the duel, so you can shuffle in the card that was used to pass the duel in if you want. (as SerZaka said, if the effect had a damage flip, the cards from the duel are removed before you would make that damage flip)

The likelihood of it being a good card are much lower than for Mikhails Trigger which comes attached to an attack,  which might lead to the difference in the timing of the choosing the cards.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:00 AM, Adran said:

I think that the cards from the duel are removed from the conflict once the duel is resolved, so before you apply the effects of the duel, so you can shuffle in the card that was used to pass the duel in if you want. (as SerZaka said, if the effect had a damage flip, the cards from the duel are removed before you would make that damage flip)

The likelihood of it being a good card are much lower than for Mikhails Trigger which comes attached to an attack,  which might lead to the difference in the timing of the choosing the cards.

Oh okay, well that is good to know. I'm definitely fuzzy on the timing on some interactions.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Been awhile since I have posted on here but we have had many new battle reports uploaded to Youtube.  Hope people have enjoyed them and I wanted to put a link to the newest battle report which is Jack Daw vs Mah Tucket.  It was a fun game to play and give it a watch if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFlkCpN4zLg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1