Building for 35 ss Arcanists

ezramantis

Recently I've been playing 35ss games.  The guy I've been playing with has limited time available and we're playing over VASSAL, so 35ss size is perfect because it usually allows us squeeze in about a turn a session.

Most crew building wisdom centers around standard 50ss size, so I'd like to explore what the community thinks about how to build 35ss crews.

Obviously each game is different, with opponent's master, keywords, strats and schemes, etc. but I feel like there must be some general philosophies that can be kept in mind with smaller games.

As a conversation starter I'd like to offer how I've been thinking about it ("right" or "wrong").  With less models to achieve objectives, I've been focusing on how to score the strat and 1 objective, with the second object being a "plan B" of sorts.

• 3 months later...

While the game as a whole is more or less made for 50 SS, I too find that games like that can drag on a bit. Cutting down on Soulstones does hamper what you can do crew wise, what Schemes are doable, etc., and that is the biggest issue I have with playing smaller games. It makes it difficult to build a crew you really like. Time wise though, it's great. In my group we often max out at 40, to avoid "fatiguing" during play and the game dragging on for too long.

• Adran changed the title to Building for 35 ss https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/151480-building-for-35-ss-games-arcanists/games: Arcanists
  • Adran changed the title to Building for 35 ss Arcanists