Is asura viable?

primevalivy

I always at least consider Asura when I pick a crew which wants to have some corpse tokens on the board. She is only 2 points more than a Gravedigger and offers a chance to bring a lot of corpses.
Also, don't underestimate her Re-Animate bonus action: allowing any Zombie (Redchapel, Experimental, Forgotten offer good choices) to take another action. 
And the fact alone that Mindless Zombies actually can score points is enough to keep the opponent busy. 

Ranged damage+Injured, potential Heal - I like her although she needs some support and stones. If you are lacking beaters better look somewhere else, though. 

• 1 year later...

If your group is willing to play into the DMH, she has a lot of synergy with Nicodem. List has lots of Decay. Additionally, Nicodem's Corpse Conductor rule is horrifying with the Grave Golem, and all the mindless Zombies give the Golem many moving places to unbury with. Plus any mindless zombie summoned may be turned into an even better zombie through Nicodem himself.   I see every summon Asura makes as a decrease in the action economy of the opponent.

All of Nicodem's Gravediggers and his totem also have ways to interact with corpse markers/ mindless zombies.

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, SpenceWilder said:

I’m rebooting this to ask if anyone has found Asura beneficial in GG3. I’m giving her a Michonne makeover, so I will be putting her on the table to find out for myself. From the discussion, she seems average. I’m looking for success stories. 

I used her in Carve a Path recently with some success. A couple of hired zombies pushed the markers while Kirai was keeping opponent crew busy. One marker got pushed into opponents deployment. I will test her for schemes now, but I don’t think it will be as successful. 

however, you should not take her into mobile crew or very spread out crew. I think she shines against bubble crews, because opponent have take models out from the bubble to deal with stupid zombies.

• Thanks 1