Rotten Harvest 2020 Announcement!

Hi, I'm new to all this, and I had a couple of questions regarding the contest. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but here we go.

1. Can you use minis that you have 3D printed yourself, as long as you reference the original author of the STL file?

2. Are we expected to base the single models on a small scenic base with for example a small tombstone, or does it need to be a 32mm round base?

3. Can you include little scenic elements in the bases, or perhaps even a small tree in the background?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to this!

@Kimberly: Previous competitions have had rules such as:

"Due to unsportsmanlike behavior in the past, I need to reiterate that the votes need to come from active forum members. We will be post restricting the polls, so only active accounts with a minimum of 10 posts (not all in the same day) will be able to vote. "

Will something like this be in place as well?

• Like 1
On 9/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, Oreborous said:

Hi, I'm new to all this, and I had a couple of questions regarding the contest. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but here we go.

1. Can you use minis that you have 3D printed yourself, as long as you reference the original author of the STL file?

Absolutely! It can even be a completely custom miniature that you've sculpted. Just credit the creator!

On 9/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, Oreborous said:

2. Are we expected to base the single models on a small scenic base with for example a small tombstone, or does it need to be a 32mm round base?

It can be any sized base for the miniature, and the base can be as scenic or plain as you want it to be.

3. Can you include little scenic elements in the bases, or perhaps even a small tree in the background?

Absolutely!

On 9/25/2020 at 5:56 AM, Nathillien said:

What category will do for Valedectorian? She is both undead, but also a big monstrous creature

Whichever you want, to be honest! Personally I'd place her in "Boils and Ghouls" but it's a matter of preference, as Von Schtook's creations blend the undead and the monstrous. :)

On 9/28/2020 at 4:56 AM, Caedrus said:

@Kimberly: Previous competitions have had rules such as:

"Due to unsportsmanlike behavior in the past, I need to reiterate that the votes need to come from active forum members. We will be post restricting the polls, so only active accounts with a minimum of 10 posts (not all in the same day) will be able to vote. "

Will something like this be in place as well?

Great catch! We will be adjusting the initial post and rules to correct that oversight!

• Like 1

Previously there has been a rule against showing off your work before the contest - will the ten posts minimum rule replace this? I am already done with a couple models and dying to show them off in public! But if I have to wait, I will wait - just making sure.

2 minutes ago, oistene said:

Previously there has been a rule against showing off your work before the contest - will the ten posts minimum rule replace this? I am already done with a couple models and dying to show them off in public! But if I have to wait, I will wait - just making sure.

Its still in the rules document linked in the initial post

"The miniature cannot have been displayed in any forum elsewhere on the internet or published mediums such as magazines. All contest entries will be displayed anonymously so as to give no one person an unfair advantage (this isn’t a popularity contest) and thus there can be no signatures or watermarks upon them. This includes naming the photo or file. No announcing on forums, webpage, blogs or any other type of medium about the type of miniature that you will be painting, nor concept or WIP photos"

2 hours ago, oistene said:

Yes, but it is not in this post, and this is supposed to be the full rules, so I think it is fair to ask.

There is a link to the full rules in the first post, which is what I followed to get the quote I gave you. In fact there are two links, I've included them below

On 9/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Kimberly said:

We have five (5) categories this year for this year's Rotten Harvest.  Participants may submit one (1) entry per category. Please take a moment to peruse the rules outlined here for all single and diorama entries.

Again, for complete Wyrd painting competition rules, please go here

On 10/2/2020 at 4:13 AM, oistene said:

Yes, but it is not in this post, and this is supposed to be the full rules, so I think it is fair to ask.

Popping in to confirm, the "no showing" is in addition to forum post requirement for voting. :)

• Thanks 1

@Kimberly, hi!

I am new to contest and this forum, but I wand to submit my work, please, can you clarify, how to submit a painting? 

When I go to https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/131-rotten-harvest-2020/ link, I can select a category and there is a button "Add images". When I click it, prompt suggest me to create a new album or continue without using one, which should I chose, does it matters? I just do not want to mess things up :)

Thank you!

On 10/4/2020 at 4:56 PM, uti24 said:

@Kimberly, hi!

I am new to contest and this forum, but I wand to submit my work, please, can you clarify, how to submit a painting? 

When I go to https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/gallery/category/131-rotten-harvest-2020/ link, I can select a category and there is a button "Add images". When I click it, prompt suggest me to create a new album or continue without using one, which should I chose, does it matters? I just do not want to mess things up :)

Thank you!

I'm going to do some backend testing and will let you know as soon as I can see what you're seeing when you try to upload!

2 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Kimberly: Does a single-model submission* need to be on the correct base size for that model?

*obviously, this question excludes the diorama.

Nope, it can be on a plinth, larger scenic base, or its original base. 

8 minutes ago, A_Rabid Nun said:

To we gain additional "points" from the judge (s) if the conversion is made from only Wyrd models, and no others?  :D

Most of the categories are voted by forum members, so for that its up the each individual what they consider(so probably not). For the Wyrd Judges categories (the two "best of"), 1 of them is limited to Wyrd only, so it would gain you entry into that category, but that's potentially it. 

Hi there, 

Have a question... I'm making a halloween themed porch scene using the three changelings. Where would that fit since most of the categories stipulate individual models, and, as far as I understood, the diorama event is reserved for the "goodies"? 

And can the diorama category include exhibits that are not strictly halloween themed, e.g. the 1988 crew? 

Thanks in advance