Sweeping strike trigger??

Keyword Savage

Question

Quick question: when reading the sweeping strike trigger on Euripides it reads " When resolving, the target takes + blast damage"

Is this trigger adding a blast marker to the damage spread or is the target taking extra damage as if it had been hit by a blast marker? And if it's the latter option what damage is taken on a weak flip as there's no lower damage stat than weak?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Keyword Savage said:

Quick question: when reading the sweeping strike trigger on Euripides it reads " When resolving, the target takes + blast damage"

Is this trigger adding a blast marker to the damage spread or is the target taking extra damage as if it had been hit by a blast marker? And if it's the latter option what damage is taken on a weak flip as there's no lower damage stat than weak?

Thanks.

It effectively adds a blast marker to the damage track. If weak is reached then the blast does 1 damage as per the rules on blasts. 

11 minutes ago, RooBudy said:

Are you sure it adds a blast maker. The trigger says that the model suffers blast damage.

What the words "Target suffers +:blast" mean is that you add a :blastto the result of the damage flip against the target.  Doing so causes the Blasts rules to apply and as a result you place a Blast marker.

If you feel that this is unclear or confusing, please feel free to complain or ask questions.  The rules do a bad job of explaining the interaction, and in a better world should have included a timing example.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, solkan said:

What the words "Target suffers +:blast" mean is that you add a :blastto the result of the damage flip against the target.  Doing so causes the Blasts rules to apply and as a result you place a Blast marker.

If you feel that this is unclear or confusing, please feel free to complain or ask questions.  

Does it say anywhere that add blast dmg means add marker or is that just an assumption based on m2e. 

I not trying to complain? I am just looking for clarification. Because the way it’s worded seems like a way to increase the dmg of an attack. However if it says somewhere that it adds a marker then that’s fine and seems more balanced.

4 minutes ago, solkan said:

Did you write these words deliberately trying to get placed on an ignore list, or is that an accident?

I don’t understand? I am just asking for a page number or quote that backs up your statement. Is that not ok to do?

i haven’t played many games of M3E and I remember triggers saying add blast in m2e not “suffers blast damage” which to me are different things. If I am remembering incorrectly then I apologise but I am just trying to get clarification 

24 minutes ago, solkan said:

Did you write these words deliberately trying to get placed on an ignore list, or is that an accident?

That is a bit rude. This question gets asked a lot so a significant amount of people find it unintuitive.

38 minutes ago, RooBudy said:

Does it say anywhere that add blast dmg means add marker or is that just an assumption based on m2e. 

I not trying to complain? I am just looking for clarification. Because the way it’s worded seems like a way to increase the dmg of an attack. However if it says somewhere that it adds a marker then that’s fine and seems more balanced.

The mushroom cloud symbol means place a Blast marker. That is what the symbol means. You place a marker for each of those symbols

Screenshot_20200927-122722_Drive.jpg

1 minute ago, Mycellanious said:

the mushroom cloud symbol means place a Blast marker. That is what the symbol means. You place a marker for each of those symbols

Screenshot_20200927-122722_Drive.jpg

Thank you for clarifying. I have also been looking at other cards and they all seem to be worded the same. When asking this question I assumed that there was a trigger that said “add blast” like in m2e but now I see this is the new version of add blast and is just worded differently.