Show your list

belorey

Now that we are getting to know the new cards of the faction we can make our first list for gaming.

Which are you playing?

My first game since the new cards have been showed:

Size 50ss - Pool 6ss

Basse

Bernadett

Reichart

Crockett

Sand Worm

Rider

Rider

Pathfinder

I don´t  really like Crockett because we have not enought Beast in the faction so i´m thinking next time i will try 2 pathfinders with their long carbine and triggers.

1 hour ago, belorey said:

Now that we are getting to know the new cards of the faction we can make our first list for gaming.

Which are you playing?

I don´t  really like Crockett because we have not enought Beast in the faction so i´m thinking next time i will try 2 pathfinders with their long carbine and triggers.

I think you can make the most impressive action in the game if you have Crockett with Cooper and Ullr (and the Rex because why not). You can shoot with Crockett, make Rex attack with a co-ordinated attack, then use scent of Blood on Ullr allowing him to attack and trigger Hold down to let Cooper shoot again. (And if you really want to go crazy you order it so the Scent of blood action and Coopers shot is before the co-ordinated attack, so Rex can rampage off to find a different target for Crocketts second attack because I don't expect things to survive that one). 

Or- even worse, Crocket shoots a model. Scent of Blood allows Ullr to take an action. Ullr triggers hold down allowing Crocket to shoot again which will allow scent of blood to go off again and so the cycle continues until you miss or run out of cards or kill the target... 

But those aren't all that serious (but do make me glad Crockett isn't hirable in an Apex crew!). From what we have seen of the faction so far, I may consider Rex OOK if I was going Crockett, but only if I'm expecting a big melee mush on a table that has severe terrain but good lines of sight. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Lucas McCabe Relic Hunter
Totem(s):
  Luna
Hires:
  Desper LaRaux
  Sidir Alchibal
  Jessie Halliday
  Rough Rider
  Rough Rider 2
  Huckster

Here is my fast and furious list with McCabe: They will stole your soulstones or scheme so far away from your  beaters. But be aware if they get close to you because then you will suffer from pain. 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have tested this list vs. Hamelin with great satisfaction despite the defeat. Something predictable when you still do not control the synergies 100%

Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Jedza
Totem(s):
  Sophie
Hires:
  Mikhail XVI
  The Damned
  Grave Goo
  Tannenbaum
  Austera and Twigge
  Lamplighter 2

19 minutes ago, belorey said:

I have tested this list vs. Hamelin with great satisfaction despite the defeat. Something predictable when you still do not control the synergies 100%

Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Jedza
Totem(s):
  Sophie
Hires:
  Mikhail XVI
  The Damned
  Grave Goo
  Tannenbaum
  Austera and Twigge
  Lamplighter 2

Was there one of the enforcer you felt you shouldn't have picked?
With that many enforcers I would think that you would choose some of them depending on the pool, the ennemy crew, etc.

Also, how hard would you rate getting a good value out of the lamplighter's lamps? Like puting them on the right spot, lighting them when relevant, etc?
Those guys look tricky to play IMO

Been getting a lot of games in with English Ivan, deciding if I want to go that route in the new year. So I've been taking him regardless of pool to really test his limits. All just Vassal games so not exactly the same thing as getting him on the table. Trying to stay in keyword mostly, besides Mr. Ngaatoro a couple of times. I think there isn't as much benefit to show lists without showing the pool and enemy master so:

Ivan (w/Hidden Agenda), Mr. Mordrake, Gibson DeWalt, Corvis Rook, Eva (w/Flush with Cash), Nocturne, Operative 1 and Operative 2; 7SS
Ivan vs Dreamer, Flank, Symbols of Authority (Let Them Bleed, Runic Binding, Research Mission, Vendetta, Spread Them Out
Took Research Mission and Spread Them Out; Very long game ... Won 4:3

Ivan, Mr. Mordrake, Gibson DeWalt, Corvis Rook (w/Treasure Map), Eva Havenhand, Nocturne, Operative 1 and an Operative 2 (w/Treasure Map); 7SS
Ivan vs Kaeris, Corner, Public Enemies (Leave Your Mark, Runic Binding, Vendetta, Research Mission, Spread Them Out)
Took leave your mark and research mission; Won 8:1

Ivan, Mr. Mordrake, Mr. Ngaatoro, Corvis Rook, Gibson DeWalt, Eva Havenhand, and a Brocken Spectre; 9SS
Ivan vs Toni, Wedge, Recover Evidence (Take Prisoner, Catch and Release, Let Them Bleed, Research Mission, Breakthrough)
Took Take Prisoner and Research Mission; Won 5:2

Ivan (w/Hidden Agenda), Mr. Mordrake, Mr. Ngaatoro, Corvis Rook, Gibson DeWalt, Operative, Operative 2, and a Nocturne; 7SS
Ivan vs Seamus, Standard, Corrupted Ley Lines (Let Them Bleed, Sabotage, Catch and Release, Claim Jump, Hidden Martyrs)
Took Let Them Bleed and Sabotage; Won 8:2 (closer match than the final score makes it look)

Ivan (w/Hidden Agenda), Mr. Mordrake, Gibson DeWalt, Corvis Rook, Eva Havenhand, Brocken Spectre and Brocken Spectre 2; 8SS
Ivan vs Von Shill, Standard, Recover Evidence (Break Through, Sabotage, Assassinate, Claim Jump, Vendetta)
Haven't played this one yet, getting this game in this week

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

Was there one of the enforcer you felt you shouldn't have picked?
With that many enforcers I would think that you would choose some of them depending on the pool, the ennemy crew, etc.

Also, how hard would you rate getting a good value out of the lamplighter's lamps? Like puting them on the right spot, lighting them when relevant, etc?
Those guys look tricky to play IMO

Depends of the game but if have to take one off and if i didn't need drop schemes markers i would say Austera.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:25 AM, belorey said:

Which are you playing?

Size 50ss - Pool 6ss

Basse

Bernadett

Reichart

Crockett

Sand Worm

Rider

Rider

Pathfinder

Funnily enough I have arrived at almost an identical list (swap pathfinder for Frontiersman because I don't own pathfinders).

Seems like a fun, casual list! I'm hoping Reichart proves useful for protecting the rest of the crew with Bring It. I hope to camp the centre with him along with the two Basse models. That should mean that the rest of my crew can be protected using Bring It on anything that crosses the centreline and tries to go deep into my territory. Probably not as good as OOK Mikhail.

Seems like the crew would be nuts at spread them out on standard deployment for example.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:25 AM, belorey said:

I'm still super keen to try it, so I guess I may have to learn this myself.

On paper it seems like a super strong combo having the worm and crockett (though I suspect the correct number of bonus attacks for beasts in the crew is 0 if both players play well). But the threat of the combo seems awesome to make your opponent adjust their play.

EDIT: Also, we seem to have tons of cool beasts in faction - Artemis, Rex, Creeper, Worm, The Damned, Ullr.

You could make several different lists that were just Paul Crockett + beasts.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:36 AM, belorey said:

Leader:
  Lucas McCabe Relic Hunter
Totem(s):
  Luna
Hires:
  Desper LaRaux
  Sidir Alchibal
  Jessie Halliday
  Rough Rider
  Rough Rider 2
  Huckster

Here is my fast and furious list with McCabe: They will stole your soulstones or scheme so far away from your  beaters. But be aware if they get close to you because then you will suffer from pain. 😂

This is also basically my list, except I don't own Jessie yet so I might replace her with a Huckster. I also don't like her model at all, so may just go with an alternative instead. So maybe I will get her model soon!

Being able to drop a scrap on a 6 instead of a 6mask seems pretty sweet! Not to mention all her other abilities.

This is what I'm running with to start off:

Money Can't Buy Me Bugs (Explorer's Society)
Leader:
  Nexus
Totem(s):
  Shambling Nest
    Flush with Cash
  Shambling Nest 2
    Flush with Cash
Hires:
  Dr. Meredith Stanley
  Archivist
  Nightsilk Creeper
  Eyes and Ears
  Spelleater 2
  Spelleater 3

I need a low tomes and an 11+ of anything and then I can drop 7 web markers, summon 4 Eyes and Ears, turn one into a Husk, and still have 2 markers left, which leaves me, at best, 13 of my own models at the end of turn 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jesy Blue said:

Leader:
  Nexus
Totem(s):
  Shambling Nest
    Flush with Cash
  Shambling Nest 2
    Flush with Cash
Hires:
  Dr. Meredith Stanley
  Archivist
  Nightsilk Creeper
  Eyes and Ears
  Spelleater 2
  Spelleater 3

I need a low tomes and an 11+ of anything and then I can drop 7 web markers, summon 4 Eyes and Ears, turn one into a Husk, and still have 2 markers left, which leaves me, at best, 13 of my own models at the end of turn 1

Epic!

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Leader:
  Nexus
Totem(s):
  Shambling Nest
    Flush with Cash
  Shambling Nest 2
    Flush with Cash
Hires:
  Dr. Meredith Stanley
  Archivist
  Nightsilk Creeper
  Eyes and Ears
  Spelleater 2
  Spelleater 3

Which is the order to use or activate? I didn't play cadmus yet.

Archivist hits Inaudible Whispers on the Eyes & Ears, Siphon the Creeper for the Spin Web trigger (1), then Font Of Knowledge on the Creeper, with low Tome, to add Tomes the the Creeper's actions. Creeper then uses Web Strand on Eyes and Ears twice automatically getting Tomes in it's duel (2)(3), followed by the Create Web Bonus action (4). Nexus does Exoskeletal Connection three times to whoever is best set up to take it (5)(6)(7), followed by bonus action Citizens of Malifaux, needing the 11+ of anything to get 4 summoned off the Web Markers (3). Meredith then activates converting one into a Husk (2). Then you have their 5 activations left plus the two Spell eaters haven't gone yet (I always use the Nests on the first two activations).

The key is the Spin Web trigger creates web markers, which cannot overlap, while the other Actions drop web markers which can overlap, so you want to get the Trigger ones down first.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

needing the 11+ of anything to get 4 summoned off the Web Markers

Unless I'm reading wrong,  wouldn't an 11 only get you 3 E&E?

It is a nice combo, but, as a curiosity, how reliable is it, what are you doing with the Nests in the first 2 activations, and why the Flush with Cash on them?

Just now, Xekros said:

Unless I'm reading wrong,  wouldn't an 11 only get you 3 E&E?

It is a nice combo, but, as a curiosity, how reliable is it, what are you doing with the Nests in the first 2 activations, and why the Flush with Cash on them?

I suspect it is partially because you get one (2?) redraws turn one, to allow you to fish for the cards you need. Not 100% how the decision-making timing works with them, but I suspect they work well together.

• Thanks 1

You need a 2+ to get 1 E&E, 5+ to get 2 E&E, 8+ to get 3 E&E, 11+ to get 4 E&E, and Red Joker to get 5 E&E.

So you stone for cards, then Cheat for initiative (remember your +2), then Excess Funds to refill your hand (try keeping high cards and low Tomes), then hoping to get into melee, charge the Nests into something... anything, to get a token on it.  Most people will probably try to deal with both Nests because leaving them engaged with stuff is bad news.  If you get attacked from something with a token, you can relent (because they are friendly), giving them triple negative flip with Hard To Wound.  If they attack with something else, let the first swing come normal, chances are they cannot instant kill it... second swing, Bribery to keep them around. They now have to decide to bring ANOTHER model into this free totem or just ignore them for now. Thirdly, if they actually kill one, Insurance (try to make the one you already used Excess Funds on the forward option so you can do Excess Funds the second turn).

6 minutes ago, belorey said:

You need a 5+ to get 1 E&E, 8+ to get 2 E&E, 11+ to get 3 E&E and Red Joker to get 4 E&E.

That's how I've always understood it as well: Choose X markers, increase the TN by X*3, summon X E&E.

I'd gladly be wrong, as I'm very intrigued by Cadmus, but from my reading, that's how it works.

16 minutes ago, Xekros said:

That's how I've always understood it as well: Choose X markers, increase the TN by X*3, summon X E&E.

I'd gladly be wrong, as I'm very intrigued by Cadmus, but from my reading, that's how it works.

You're right. The action says "Increase this Action’s TN by +3 for each chosen Marker" and "Summon an Eyes and Ears into base contact with each chosen Marker", so you have to start with choosing 1 marker to summon 1 Eyes and Ears, making the starting TN effectively 11.

Oh... you get none for free.  Weird.  Oh well.  It's still 12 of my own models, I need to do less work next turn. 

Hey, that means I can Siphon off the hired Eyes and Ears leaving a Corpse Marker for Meredith to pull the Husk from, leaving me with more Webs to summon from & I can get a card off the web marker with Surge!  Yeah, it still works.